View Full Version : Battery strap..how tight?
c0sie
28-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Sounds like a daft question, but here goes :)
Ive just bought one of those 5000mA Reedy LiPo's for the B4 and its quite alot 'taller' than my old Ib4200's.
How tight does the battery strap need to be on the cells?
Thanks :)
ashleyb4
28-04-2008, 09:19 AM
As long as between the two screws/thumbscrews are tight it should be ok i cant see it moving if that bit is pressing down on the pack.
A
Southwell
28-04-2008, 09:42 AM
If you are worried about it moving put some sticky foam under the battery strap.
danDanEFC
28-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Since going to lipo I have lost a little blue battery screw :-(
As i cant screw It fully on due to the height of the lipo.
I am thinking of going back to clips as they wont fall out and I dont tend to take my lipo out of my car when I charge it.
c0sie
28-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Im not worried about it moving, im worried about a tight pack reducing chassis flex really......
Any thoughts?
Chris Doughty
28-04-2008, 11:18 AM
just screw it in and go! :)
finger tight is the best way to describe it.
Chris Doughty
28-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Since going to lipo I have lost a little blue battery screw :-(
As i cant screw It fully on due to the height of the lipo.
I am thinking of going back to clips as they wont fall out and I dont tend to take my lipo out of my car when I charge it.
just use regular screws + washers if you keep your battery in there for a while, put some nice blue washers on that are available from Nor-Tech
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.