PDA

View Full Version : JConcepts Finnisher shell on CR2


Wacker 2
13-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Hi guys, thought I'd share my latest bit of RC DIY...

As we all know the Atomic Carbon CR2 is an awesome car, and after trying the latest cars (Losi 22 at the beginning of 2011, and C4.1 at the beginnign of 2012) I always end up returning to the old faithful CR2.

However, the Losi XXX bodyshell is more suited to a retro race these days and so I wanted to give the old girl a new lease of life. A friend of mine had bought a JConcepts Finisher shell for his C4.1 and I matched it up against the bottom of my CR2 and reallised that it would be a pretty good fit without the wide side peices on the chassis.

So I bought one for myself, sat down one evening with a hacksaw and a dremel and modified my chassis to suit. hacksawing a chassis is not to everybody's liking but its very easy to put back to enable the XXX to fit again.

Here's how it looks:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/jon5007/IMG_0539.jpg

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/jon5007/IMG_0538.jpg

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/jon5007/IMG_0537.jpg

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/jon5007/IMG_0536.jpg

I tried liquid mask for the first time and it was an epic fail... after much cursing and frustration I managed to salvage it using good old masking tape and insulation tape (is worth adding I used only pissy cans - quite proud of the result even if it is a little tatty around the edges! :thumbsup:)

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/jon5007/IMG_0535.jpg

Hope you like :woot:

Jon.

SHY
13-06-2012, 12:21 PM
LIKE!!! Great paintjob too! :thumbsup:

Wacker 2
13-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Cheers buddy... almost went in the bin after the liquid mask f**k up but glad I persevered and finished it. :thumbsup:

jaysllim
13-06-2012, 12:31 PM
that does look nic,the paint job suits the shell aswell.

eyeayen
13-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah paint looks sweet dude !

lcpvcce
13-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Wow .............. Slim lady ...............:wub

OldTimer
13-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Looks really good :thumbsup:

GRIFF55
13-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Very nice! Love the way it looks on the car and the paint job/colour/design is sweet!:thumbsup:

xfactor
13-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Jonny,that looks the BO***CKS matey hope the chassis change hasnt changed the handling in anyway.All thats needed now is a tin of PLEDGE a BIG TIN !!!!!!! Looks great,,,,,,,,,,,,:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OldTimer
13-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Jonny,that looks the BO***CKS matey hope the chassis change hasnt changed the handling in anyway.All thats needed now is a tin of PLEDGE a BIG TIN !!!!!!! Looks great,,,,,,,,,,,,:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will be fine as long as the sidepods are still there just cut down in width.

xfactor
13-06-2012, 08:48 PM
:woot::woot::woot::woot: NO !!! NO !!!! NO !!!!! NO !!!!!!!!! :woot::woot: Jon man get rid of that RED screw in the center CHASSIS BATTERY brace COME ON !!!!!!! :D

Wacker 2
13-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Cheers for the positive words guys.

And Lapper, I know my screws are all out of wack... gotta get some new shiny screws ordered. The red screws have been bugging me for ages.

:woot:

Wacker 2
13-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Will be fine as long as the sidepods are still there just cut down in width.

I have lost the back screw from where I've had to trim the rear corners of the chassis... am I best to drill a new hole at the back of where I've trimmed them down or dont I need to bother?

I'm hoping I dont need to bother :thumbsup:

InZane
30-12-2012, 11:21 PM
I really liked the look of the Finnisher body so I made my own version for the indoor season - it's the TLR 22 Finnisher though.
Thanks for the inspiration!

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47154&stc=1&d=1356909225

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47155&stc=1&d=1356909123

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47156&stc=1&d=1356909123

Tom3012
01-01-2013, 03:34 PM
That looks awesome!! XX4 front wishbones and hubs? And what's the idea with the middle shock? I want to dig my CR2 out now and do that :p

InZane
01-01-2013, 07:14 PM
That looks awesome!! XX4 front wishbones and hubs? And what's the idea with the middle shock? I want to dig my CR2 out now and do that :p

Thanks!


Everything is still very much "experimental". The central shock is about adjusting chassis flex - I'll also going to try sidepods in different materials (carbon fibre/FRP/plastic).

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47258&stc=1&d=1357067291

You were right about the XX4 front end - increases wheelbase with 15mm nad also gives less caster when carriers are turned around.

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47257&stc=1&d=1357067291

First tests will hopefully be this weekend.

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47259&stc=1&d=1357067291

coleman758
02-01-2013, 12:53 AM
I must admit that looks ace!!

The shock centre shock seems like a good idea!
Should be able too tune the chassis flex perfectly!

It works on 1/12 pans. And the tweak/flex on those is critical.

Pabloman
17-01-2013, 09:04 PM
The CR2's look amazing! (and nice paint job)

After being out of the sport for some time - and spending a few weeks researching - I've recently concluded that I need to build a CR2. It seems to be a good way forward for 2wd.

Would appreciate any help on where to source xxx-cr parts. Ebay is currently the best bet...

GRIFF55
17-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Have you tried Darren at dms racing for xxx parts?

Pabloman
18-01-2013, 05:35 AM
Thank you very much - I'll contact him

adey
18-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Pm sent pabloman

minimini
23-01-2013, 10:58 AM
I really liked the look of the Finnisher body so I made my own version for the indoor season - it's the TLR 22 Finnisher though.
Thanks for the inspiration!

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47154&stc=1&d=1356909225

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47155&stc=1&d=1356909123

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47156&stc=1&d=1356909123
wow...... where can get the 2.2' slick tyres ??

thanks !!

InZane
24-01-2013, 09:24 AM
wow...... where can get the 2.2' slick tyres ??

thanks !!

http://www.neobuggy.net/2011/10/19/se-edition-10th-indoor-tyres/

Very good carpet tires - but the supplied foams are rubbish! Use Proline/JConcepts/AKA closed cell inner foams instead.

BigCon
03-10-2013, 12:58 PM
My AC.....

Oscar
03-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Care to post any pics of how you attached the B4 front end??
I ran one on mine for quite a while, but am back with the standard Losi front end at present.

BigCon
04-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Care to post any pics of how you attached the B4 front end??
I ran one on mine for quite a while, but am back with the standard Losi front end at present.

Easy AC chassis!

lcpvcce
04-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Easy AC chassis!

Front end is GT2 right ???

BigCon
04-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Yip, bulkhead, steering and top plate, the rest B4.:lol:

Oscar
04-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Much neater than my previous effort ;)

I'm guessing the chassis was special order rather than cutting up the standard CR2 one?

BigCon
04-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Prototypes from AC, only 3 made I have 2!
Still searching for number 3......:confused:

MHeadling
04-10-2013, 01:57 PM
If possible could you let me know the part numbers I'll need for the Gt2 front end?

I have a complete B4 front end so just the unique GT2 parts are needed

lcpvcce
04-10-2013, 02:15 PM
If possible could you let me know the part numbers I'll need for the Gt2 front end?

I have a complete B4 front end so just the unique GT2 parts are needed

Parts no. below.

GT2 :
#7892 fr sub-chassis , GT2
#7893 top plate , GT2
#7908 servo saver & steering , GT2
#7889 steering bearing set , GT2
#7911 steering Servo Link (GT2)

ASC9360 Team Associated Idler Gear
ASC91011 Team Associated Idler Gear Shaft
ASC3977 Team Associated 3/16 x 3/8" Rubber Sealed Bearings (2)

MHeadling
04-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Many thanks for the information :D

BigCon
05-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Copycat! :lol: