View Full Version : Mid week racing in the midlands?
danmurphy
13-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Are they any clubs that race on or off road micros tuesday to thursday nights in the midlands? I'm in ashby-de-la-zouch with work next month and want to cram in as much racing as possible! :thumbsup:
Has anyone been to this place... http://www.astonarenaraceway.com/index.html
sldmodels
13-06-2012, 09:23 PM
My first thought was Telford, but that'd be at least an hour drive from Ashby, I would have said Ardent on a Tuesday night, but they're closing / moving at the end of the month and it might take some time to setup the new place.
Craig W
13-06-2012, 11:30 PM
you could come over to stoke we race buggy and tc on tuesday night
danmurphy
14-06-2012, 06:36 AM
My first thought was Telford, but that'd be at least an hour drive from Ashby, I would have said Ardent on a Tuesday night, but they're closing / moving at the end of the month and it might take some time to setup the new place.
Yeah I heard they were having to close the place down due to some regulation changes. Are Telford still indoors? I saw a post of a new outdoor track?
Craig where abouts in Stoke is the club? Do you have anymore information?
Cheers,
Dan.
sldmodels
17-06-2012, 09:01 PM
I think (and don't quote me on this) there's two clubs in Telford, I know Tony Jones runs one https://www.facebook.com/groups/198074826872489/ and there first meeting is this Tuesday, but dunno if that's indoors or outdoors. Like Craig said there's Stoke on Tuesday too, which is just down the A50 from where you'll be, and Stafford outdoors on the tarmac track which starts up again next week I think.
maccaht3
19-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Hello everyone,
Unfortunately Aston arena has now closed however we are looking for a new venue and hopefully should be back up and running soon.
Dazzler
19-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah I heard they were having to close the place down due to some regulation changes. Are Telford still indoors? I saw a post of a new outdoor track?
Craig where abouts in Stoke is the club? Do you have anymore information?
Cheers,
Dan.
As has been mentioned, Telford does now have two clubs. Telford Hot Trax, which is indoors on a Wednesday evening (new venue) and the newly resurrected Telford Model Car Club, who are an outdoor club. There first meeting is tonight.
Both Clubs are listed in oOples club section and details of both can be found there.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.