View Full Version : EP4600 - Legal at Regionals?
Can anyone help me out with this!!
I just purchased 6 packs of EP Enrichpower matched 4600mah batteries ( NOT Cheap when you aint sponsered!! ) which I understood to be race legal to IFMAR/ROAR/EFRA/BRCA rules.
I now find out that they don't have some "08" sticker on them and are therefore NOT race legal at BRCA National events, as per the Electric Board rules. This in its self aint a problem as I'm not doing any National events this year! However, I am doing the Regionals!!
Now I'v looked, but I cannot find anything saying these cells are Illegal at Regional level. The approved battery list on the BRCA website even say's:
'Only cells detailed below are approved for BRCA NATIONAL events in 2008'
Is this a loophole in the BRCA rules? Or has my first season back just gone out the window before it's even started?
I can not afford to see £250+ go down the drain!! And it's the first Regional this Sunday!!!!
Help and advise is needed please!!!!!
from what I have been told by my club chairman (so I assume it is correct) but for regionals, the 2007 battery list is still being allowed, but not for Nationals.
bert digler
29-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Can anyone help me out with this!!
I just purchased 6 packs of EP Enrichpower matched 4600mah batteries ( NOT Cheap when you aint sponsered!! ) which I understood to be race legal to IFMAR/ROAR/EFRA/BRCA rules.
I now find out that they don't have some "08" sticker on them and are therefore NOT race legal at BRCA National events, as per the Electric Board rules. This in its self aint a problem as I'm not doing any National events this year! However, I am doing the Regionals!!
Now I'v looked, but I cannot find anything saying these cells are Illegal at Regional level. The approved battery list on the BRCA website even say's:
'Only cells detailed below are approved for BRCA NATIONAL events in 2008'
Is this a loophole in the BRCA rules? Or has my first season back just gone out the window before it's even started?
I can not afford to see £250+ go down the drain!! And it's the first Regional this Sunday!!!!
Help and advise is needed please!!!!!
thry are legal mate enrich power 4600:thumbsup:
losixxx
29-04-2008, 10:35 PM
http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/news/EB%20Battery%20List%202007P%20for%202008%20pdf.pdf
from what i can see there not on the 2007 list and need to have th 08 sticker/mark on to be legal from the 2008 list...
if thats the case then there not regional legal:thumbdown:
mark christopher
30-04-2008, 08:17 AM
http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/news/EB%20Battery%20List%202007P%20for%202008%20pdf.pdf
from what i can see there not on the 2007 list and need to have th 08 sticker/mark on to be legal from the 2008 list...
if thats the case then there not regional legal:thumbdown:
thats how i see it, to be ok for regional they hve to be on the 2007 list
RogerM
30-04-2008, 11:36 AM
or as Chris says the 08 list.
I can't find those cells on either list. Where did you buy them from? Surely and decent UK shop would know the situation and if you bought 6 packs your almost certainly a racer so ..... maybe you have a case for being mis-sold and thus maybe you can get them exchanged or a refund .... not 100% sure on that side of the law though.
Body Paint
30-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Can anyone help me out with this!!
I just purchased 6 packs of EP Enrichpower matched 4600mah batteries ( NOT Cheap when you aint sponsered!! ) which I understood to be race legal to IFMAR/ROAR/EFRA/BRCA rules.
I now find out that they don't have some "08" sticker on them and are therefore NOT race legal at BRCA National events, as per the Electric Board rules. This in its self aint a problem as I'm not doing any National events this year! However, I am doing the Regionals!!
Now I'v looked, but I cannot find anything saying these cells are Illegal at Regional level. The approved battery list on the BRCA website even say's:
'Only cells detailed below are approved for BRCA NATIONAL events in 2008'
Is this a loophole in the BRCA rules? Or has my first season back just gone out the window before it's even started?
I can not afford to see £250+ go down the drain!! And it's the first Regional this Sunday!!!!
Help and advise is needed please!!!!!
You should email Charlie Fraser (Charlie F on oOple) he is the offroad secretary and will now the real answer.
If you ask a question like that on a forum you will get 20 wrong answers. You are going to get peoples opinion not the actual facts.
markwilliamson2001
30-04-2008, 12:51 PM
You should email Charlie Fraser (Charlie F on oOple) he is the offroad secretary and will now the real answer.
If you ask a question like that on a forum you will get 20 wrong answers. You are going to get peoples opinion not the actual facts.
Agreed. get it from the people who know. However I would agree that if they are not onthe 07 list AND 08 list they are probably NOT legal. best get in contact with CharlieF anyway.
markwilliamson2001
30-04-2008, 12:57 PM
You should email Charlie Fraser (Charlie F on oOple) he is the offroad secretary and will now the real answer.
If you ask a question like that on a forum you will get 20 wrong answers. You are going to get peoples opinion not the actual facts.
Agreed. get it from the people who know. However I would agree that if they are not onthe 07 list AND 08 list they are probably NOT legal. best get in contact with CharlieF anyway.
Enrichpower 4600 are not on the 2007 list, the ones homologated for 2008 list are identified by "***08***" on the heatshrink (in very small print).
Similar applies to IB cells, the heatshrink colours have been chaged for identification of 08 spec cells.
Northy
01-05-2008, 09:35 AM
You should email Charlie Fraser (Charlie F on oOple) he is the offroad secretary and will now the real answer.
If you ask a question like that on a forum you will get 20 wrong answers. You are going to get peoples opinion not the actual facts.
Craig, I think you will find that the correct phrase is "stupid forums" :lol::lol::lol:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.