PDA

View Full Version : New member of the family


Spencer Mulcahy
30-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Well I have got my X6 at last just finished building it last night looks good, first run out this weekend at Bury metro we will see how it goes. I will be running the associated shocks so what oil and springs should I run for Bury or if anybody can post a setup (Chris Dan or Carl).

Spencer Mulcahy
30-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Oh and what gearing on an LRP 6.5 non sintered cheers.

niggs98
30-04-2008, 07:29 AM
cant help with the associated setup im afraid but gear it on a 20/81 on a bonded6.5 possibly go up to a 21 but only if you are lacking top end. i ran most of the national season on a 20 and never struggled

Spencer Mulcahy
30-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Cheers Niggs.:thumbsup:

Lee
30-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Red losi pistons all round 35wt front and 30 wt rear and silver springs all round. This was a very good starting setup.

Phil Channon
30-04-2008, 09:16 AM
If your not changing to losi pistons.

Then I would run

Front : 30 cwt No2 Blue spring 2 internal spacers.
Rear : 35 cwt No1 Silver spring No internal spacers, but an external to stop the driveshaft hitting the diff outdrive.

super__dan
30-04-2008, 10:11 AM
What car, 4 gear?

Have you got the BK2 CVD axles? They are a really worth while upgrade!!!!

Northy
30-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Danneth, I might be needing some of those :(

G

Lee
30-04-2008, 12:29 PM
G, im sure you have the skills to drill the B4 ones 2mm further down the shaft if needed, if not get J to do it.

bigred5765
30-04-2008, 12:40 PM
good skills spenc
pm sent

super__dan
30-04-2008, 12:58 PM
G, can't help with those I'm afraid other than the part number when I get home. Alternativly if you have pillar drill, do them yourself?

Northy
30-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Or maybe a job for Jim? :woot:

G

ben
30-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Or maybe a job for Jim? :woot:
G jim does all your work on your cars :lol::p

Lee
30-04-2008, 03:11 PM
I heard julie has all the setup knowledge though:thumbsup: