PDA

View Full Version : RudeBits / LMR GP hosted by TORCH! 22/23 September


rob8246
01-07-2012, 08:14 PM
We are proud to announce the RudeBits/LMR GP hosted by TORCH.

2wd Saturday 22nd Sept and 4wd Sunday 23rd Sept.

Entries will be limited for both days and registering for this event is via our new online booking/payment system.

More details coming soon....................

RR.

MrMagoo
13-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Booking in now open:

http://gp.torchracing.co.uk/

dibble34
13-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Just booked in :thumbsup:

TARTMAN
14-07-2012, 12:26 AM
booked in for both days, awaiting the email for payment details. should be a great weekend.....:thumbsup:

MrMagoo
14-07-2012, 05:48 AM
You should get the email as soon as you entered Darren, probably worth checking your junk folder if you don't see it. If you still can't see it drop me a PM and I'll sort it for you.

TARTMAN
14-07-2012, 09:20 AM
You should get the email as soon as you entered Darren, probably worth checking your junk folder if you don't see it. If you still can't see it drop me a PM and I'll sort it for you.

yep, was in the junk folder, paying now, should be a fun weekend!!!! Even Dudders is venturing out for BOTH Days, thats a rare sight to see LOL....:thumbsup:

hotrodchris
14-07-2012, 09:33 AM
darren check again you are confirmed!:thumbsup:

TARTMAN
14-07-2012, 02:50 PM
darren check again you are confirmed!:thumbsup:

yep, all confirmed. looking forward to it!!!:woot:

mikeyscott
19-07-2012, 06:58 PM
The TORCH committee has some great news later this evening to announce :wub

TARTMAN
19-07-2012, 07:33 PM
The TORCH committee has some great news later this evening to announce :wub

Dont tease us Mikey............. just spill!!!!! :p:D

mikeyscott
19-07-2012, 09:42 PM
We can now confirm that Mr Stuart Whyman will be the official time keeper and race director for the GP!

For those of you that do not know him Stuart is the official BRCA 1/10th Off Road national time keeper.

Having his services will ensure that the meeting runs smooth and to the time schedule.

mikeyscott
25-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Raffle prize list coming together.

Best bit, RudeBits DB1 as one of the prizes. Someone will be v lucky!
Schumacher also contributing.

simoncrabb
27-07-2012, 09:38 AM
rcLazy would also like to contribute to raffle prizes, we'll put a few Lazy goodie bags together.

rob8246
28-07-2012, 07:10 PM
rcLazy would also like to contribute to raffle prizes, we'll put a few Lazy goodie bags together.

Good skills mate, thankyou very much indeed :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
05-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Just looking through the list, looks like we have World's A TC finalist Chris Grainger making a step over to the bumpy stuff.

Don't forget that there is a fantastic DB1 conversion up for grabs, which won the 2WD national this weekend in the hands of Elliott Boots.

jonathan may
11-08-2012, 02:22 PM
i have booked in for 2wd but now have a 4wd as well if i book in the 4wd is it £15 or £10 becasue i have already booked in for 2wd

mikeyscott
14-08-2012, 06:36 PM
TORCH GP

Time for a bit of an update as yes I know I haven't been around the Oople parts as of late..

The entry list is is filling up with more people confirming each day. So if you haven't confirmed your entry please do sooner than later. Any probs re entries please get in touch - [email protected]

I will be doing a list of confirmed and unconfirmed later this week.

The entries list is shaping up nicely with a good mix of the top racers and club racers. So all in all a good mix which should provide good racing across the entire field and hopefully something special to watch at the sharp end.

Confirmed we have British and Euro Champions, TC World's A finalist.
Lee Martin - Multiple British, Euro champion and world A finalist.. Finally recent 2012 2WD Euro Champion & 2WD British champion, 4WD BRCA British Champtionship still to be decided...
Tom Cockerill - 2010 2WD British champion, multi Euro A finalist
Chris Grainger, British TC Chamption and Worlds A finalist
Plus multiple F1, national A final racers

Why not have a look for yourself at http://gp.torchracing.co.uk

There will also be a Concourse & a Presentation competition which Tony "RudeBits" Evdoka is kindly supporting. There will be two tough judges to please. Mr RudeBits and current European and British 2WD Champion, Lee Martin.

So as part of the RudeBits Challenge it's all about presentation, best painted body and wing and best prepared buggy.. (well that rules me out..) which there will be trophies for.

So come on people do your best!”

nicVEGAchildJR
05-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Is there a control tyre for this event

RudeTony
06-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Hi yah all
A few things I would like to mention as Rob must be busy and Mike is on holiday and no doubt everyone is running around like headless chickens.

Some recaps and some news!!!


New Track
Firstly the track at TORCH will be TOTALLY new to every competitor.
It will be a total new layout with no one allowed to practice prior to the event. The last chance to practice at the venue is this weekend at the summer series but on the current layout and not the GP layout.

Best Presented Buggy
There is a competition for the best presented buggy and this will be done between qualifying and finals. The buggies would have had to be used as to eliminate the shelf queens that are out there. The painted body obviously is a massive scoring part of a well presented buggy but we are looking beyond that. The wing, wheels, tyres, wiring and so on, are also part of the consideration. We will be removing bodies as we get to the sharp end of the scoring.

Camping
Camping for Friday and Saturday is available and obviously has to be organised via the club.

Raffle
I know a few shops are attending this event and they have donated various prizes for the mega raffle.
I believe, £1 per ticket and with prizes into the hundreds if not thousands its certainly worth it.
RudeBits as you may be aware have donated a new DB1 conversion

Entry List
I do believe there are still a limited number of spaces left.
Many of the National superstars are complimenting this event and more importantly with no pressures on those stars, it’s a chance to actually say hello and see them away from the pressure racing scene!!

Tyres and Car Scrutiny
To keep it all sweet and within reasonable budgets, we know everyone has, runs and knows the National tyres of Schumacher and Ballistic spikes……we will stick to these tyres for the event and therefore all fair for everyone.
Weight, dimensions etc will be checked by the club even if they chose to do it at random…..

Timekeeping
I am excited to hear that the main man, Stuart Whyman is in the house and heads the timekeeping for the LMR/RudeBits GP at TORCH.
If you guys don’t know who Stuart is, then you simply haven’t lived.
Stuart is the pinnacle of timekeeping and is the BRCA National Timekeeper.
Be careful though as he bites – LOL

Race format
2wd = Saturday
4wd = Sunday – Less competitors Sunday so we can get you on your way back as soon as possible
4 rounds of qualification
1 leg finals for all – 3 leg main A Finals
Dash 4 Cash race – excludes top 20 drivers and will be picked at random…….this is something to watch!! ---- Please don't hold me to it but I think the winner gets £50, 2nd gets £30 and 3rd gets £20 !!!!!!!

Food
There will be available food on the racing days via a NEW burger wagon that is very clean and the guy there does a lovely french stick breakfast and chips and all that stuff...........a very nice pub called the Cricketers is within walking distance of the track for the winner of the Dash 4 Cash prize :drool:

Booking in
You can see who is booked in and of course enter yourself via the link here http://gp.torchracing.co.uk/ (http://gp.torchracing.co.uk/)

Please fire away with all the question Ladies and Gents………….

dibble34
06-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Sound great, but can I ask why only 3 leg finals for the A's? It is not a brca event as far as I am aware and everyone is paying the same amount. Summer series is 3 leg finals for all.

RudeTony
06-09-2012, 07:37 AM
Sound great, but can I ask why only 3 leg finals for the A's? It is not a brca event as far as I am aware and everyone is paying the same amount. Summer series is 3 leg finals for all.

I don't want this to sound sharp - far from it in fact.
Its not a summer series where the club decides.
Its not a BRCA event but we race under those rules and the British Grand Prix and all GP have 3 leg A Finals.

I also feel its a great reward for achiving that standard and also many want to see the best drivers fight it out fairly rather than a big accident and someone goes off in the distance to win.

Last part is an opinion - the rest are facts

Hope that helps

Northern Monkey
06-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Sound great, but can I ask why only 3 leg finals for the A's? It is not a brca event as far as I am aware and everyone is paying the same amount. Summer series is 3 leg finals for all.

Hey Dave,

Its purely logistics mate, I would love to have 3 leg finals for all too, but its not achievable with the numbers we are looking at.

It's pretty much the same for all big events like this, MK GP, Area 51 etc they only run 3 legs for the A final.

It just means that you get one chance to beat me. :p

Northern Monkey
06-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Tony beat me to it :)

Getpip
06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Sound great, but can I ask why only 3 leg finals for the A's? It is not a brca event as far as I am aware and everyone is paying the same amount. Summer series is 3 leg finals for all.

I agree Dave .... This is something that has wrankled me since I started with the buggies.

dibble34
06-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Cheers for the reply Al, but I have to say I am with Pip. Very few of the local members will be in the A finals, more A Finalists will come from far for this single event. £25 for 2 days, racing 25 minutes per day total is not great value for your average member IMO. I appreciate the best drivers should be rewarded, but maybe so should the locals who support the club week in week out.

I am not trying to start a fight or be provocative for the sake of it and hope my opinion does not offend anyone. I appreciate as much as anyone else the work that the TORCH committee have done to take the club to where it is now :)

RudeTony
06-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Cheers for the reply Al, but I have to say I am with Pip. Very few of the local members will be in the A finals, more A Finalists will come from far for this single event. £25 for 2 days, racing 25 minutes per day total is not great value for your average member IMO. I appreciate the best drivers should be rewarded, but maybe so should the locals who support the club week in week out.

I am not trying to start a fight or be provocative for the sake of it and hope my opinion does not offend anyone. I appreciate as much as anyone else the work that the TORCH committee have done to take the club to where it is now :)

Dave, sorry you feel that way and we value every opinion.
Please don't think this is a club decision. It is a Grand Prix decision.
The very reason we do these events is for the members to mix with the cream of talented drivers and obtain the valuable advice you can have by them. The great knowledge of seeing how its done at the very top level on your home track and to top it all, we give back great prizes via a big raffle.
I hope its the most enjoyable days racing of the calendar......

Getpip
06-09-2012, 03:57 PM
....

dibble34
06-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Cheers for the response. Its not a big deal, just have a issue in general with the 3 leg A final thing! Looking forwards to the event :)

rob8246
07-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks to Evdo for posting info.

Just to remind you all that tonight at 8pm is the deadline to withdraw from the GP and recieve a refund.
Next Friday (14th) at 8pm is the deadline to register and also for non confirmed drivers to make payment.

There are limited numbers available in both classes so don't delay.

http://gp.torchracing.co.uk/

RR.

mikeyscott
10-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Roll on the GP and of course the track is being changed this weekend and the farmer has strict instructions to shoot on site those that even think about attending the track when they shouldn't!

So who's it going to be taking the glory at LMR.... Some of the TC boys have been looking very quick recently - Grainger... All coming back to you..?

So this week will be prep to try and win the concours competition :blush:

Not long till Friday, any questions just get in touch

M.Andrews
10-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Looking foward to racing on a new track layout rather than an tweaked/improved track!. Should be a fun weekend!.

rob8246
14-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Can all non confirmed drivers for the LMR/RudeBits GP please submit payment today. Deadline is 8pm tonight when any non confirmed drivers will be be removed. If there are any problems or questions then please email [email protected]

http://gp.torchracing.co.uk

mikeyscott
14-09-2012, 02:36 PM
A few more top class drivers booked in Chris Grainger into 4WD and Matt Benefield of Racer Magazine.

Looking forward to it and also a great and growing prize list for the event.

Don't forget TORCH is CLOSED the weekend 15/16 in order for us to prep a nice track for you all.

mikeyscott
15-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Lots of track work done today! Roll on!

So who will be the one stood on the top step??

Also don't forget to find us on FaceBook ;)

mikeyscott
15-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Kev Lee is the shop for the weekend event, therefore if you're wanting stuff for collection or if you just want to ensure Kev can cater for your spares needs etc. go and check out his website etc.

www.insidelineracing.co.uk

I think he's got 1 RB6 still in stock - mmmm

makinwaves
16-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Rclazy?

mikeyscott
17-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Just to remind everyone it's BRCA control tyres only for the event, so no mini pins, dboots and so forth.

Tyres will be controlled to BRCA National rules, so Schumacher or Balistic Buggy, minispikes only on the drive axle(s), any compound


Any questions, just ask pleasse.

robh
19-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Will the track be open for practice on Friday pm?

jonathan may
19-09-2012, 09:45 PM
i would not think so

billyboy9002
19-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Hi all. I have just managed to get Sunday off work. And I've missed the deadline to book in. Any chance of me getting added in please?

rob8246
20-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Will the track be open for practice on Friday pm?

Track is CLOSED until Saturday morning practice round 1.

RudeTony
20-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi all. I have just managed to get Sunday off work. And I've missed the deadline to book in. Any chance of me getting added in please?


Listen up guys

I have just talked to the club to get late comers into the meeting.
Obviously heats have to be generated and so on but if you are real quick and send your request for entry to the following email address then I promise we will do everything we can to get you in.
No good tomorrow though, it has to be done pronto!!

email: [email protected] ([email protected]) and obviously give the normal details of transponder, ability, name would be handy too and so on......

See you all at the weekend :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
20-09-2012, 06:03 PM
RE Entries please contact the club via email, do not PM me direct.

Really looking forward to this :)

Crazy L
20-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Track is CLOSED until Saturday morning practice round 1.

Right, so.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLvpmMQugyQ doesn't count as practise of any sort then ;) ? All in the name of so called "making sure the track is ok" :p

Track looks good though, looking forward to Sunday :thumbsup:

knighthawk
20-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Great Layout chaps
Shame I busted my wrist and had to pull out, looks the nuts

nicVEGAchildJR
20-09-2012, 07:12 PM
What time does practise start ?

rob8246
20-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Practice is due to start at 8am :-)

The intention is to run 2 rounds of 4 minute timed (stopwatch) practice rounds.
As it stands we have 9 heats for 2wd but this may of course change due to no shows etc...

So who's gonna win this thing???

mikeyscott
20-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Someone with Lee at the beginning or end of their name for 2WD

4WD dunno

Lee
Kev
Kerry
Poulter
Burton
???

TARTMAN
20-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Someone with Lee at the beginning or end of their name for 2WD

4WD dunno

Lee
Kev
Kerry
Poulter
Burton
???

like it. the Lee seems to be the name to have in 10th off rd at the moment..... maybe i can change my name and that will make my thumbs work?> you think>>>> lol. looking forward to it, and weather looks to have changed for the better.........................

I wont be camping now guys, so you dont have to stay to keep an eye on me haha.....

RudeTony
20-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Right, so.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLvpmMQugyQ doesn't count as practise of any sort then ;) ? All in the name of so called "making sure the track is ok" :p

Track looks good though, looking forward to Sunday :thumbsup:

That was a joke - Right?

TARTMAN
20-09-2012, 09:50 PM
That was a joke - Right?

the poking out tounge and the winky face might give away the humour link Tony...... ;):woot:

RudeTony
20-09-2012, 10:07 PM
the poking out tounge and the winky face might give away the humour link Tony...... ;):woot:

Oh! OK
I must be really old fashioned - LOL

ps where do I find the tongue thing?

TARTMAN
20-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Oh! OK
I must be really old fashioned - LOL

ps where do I find the tongue thing?

on the page where u write the text, on the right,click more and its there.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p;)

mikeyscott
20-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Oh! OK
I must be really old fashioned - LOL

ps where do I find the tongue thing?

No comment ;) :p

SteveB
20-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Evening all

An exciting weekend ahead :thumbsup:,
I just wanted to add a few points before the weekend!
The track is something that we all have something new to learn, the design is very much different to any designs done previously, a risk in some aspects but a great way that some of the best drivers in the uk will all have equal playing field. Very similar to a degree to silverstone where no one has raced prior to there national. So to be honest the likes of Tom, Kev, Lloyd, Martin, Poulter, Kerry, Burton etc, will have no advantage. These guys will put on a great show for all drivers and especially for the drivers who one day wish to emulate what these guys have to offer. I for one want to get in the mix of these drivers, but really want to sit back and watch these guys bash it out and see them enjoy themselves.
The likes of Tony Evdoka has put time into the design, that I for one enjoyed standing back and seeing that with all the experience Tony has, to design a track that is good for all levels.
We are still a growing club, that is passionate about giving the best experience for all levels of drivers. We have planned as many dynamics posslible for this weekend and look forward to seeing you all enjoy yourselves:thumbsup:

A reminder:

Trophies for top 3 for every final both days
TQ both days
Over a £1000 of raffle prizes to be won
Dash for cash for both days
Concourse and best prepared car
Great racing with some great commentary
Also a great environment for all to enjoy

Thanks Steve

Crazy L
21-09-2012, 06:11 AM
That was a joke - Right?

Lol, to all those not too familiar with.my brand of banter/sarcasm/humour, yes, is the answer Tony.

mikeyscott
21-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Not been home long from the track. Looking forward to tomorrow. Any questions, get in touch.

M

swords
21-09-2012, 08:26 PM
is there any time reduction weighted towards the age of the car being used:lol:

mikeyscott
21-09-2012, 08:35 PM
is there any time reduction weighted towards the age of the car being used:lol:

Jon,

mmm let me think

a) you can drive
b) XX is a great car
c) borrow SB's RB6 :p

mikeyscott
21-09-2012, 09:54 PM
TORCH is uploading to bbkrc and will have drivernet track side.

Crazy L
22-09-2012, 05:14 PM
hey you guys, I've heard bad things about what the weather might do tomorrow. If, in the unfortunate event that the 4wd is cancelled due to weather, will it be rescheduled or will there be a refund for all 4wd-ers?

On a more cheery note. Would anyone be so kind as to let me stay under their gazebo for the day tomorrow? I won't be any trouble......honest:lol:

I ask as I doubt there'll be room for another shanty town erection by the time I get there (when the gates open officially).

cheers all.

See you tomorrow :D

dobber
22-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Just thought I'd say thanks to all involved in a fantastic event with some truly awesome racing. Move of the day would be Lee's jump over the tabletop to overtake tom cockerill.
Great track, well run, great racing and great weather. All I need now is a phone call tomorrow to say I won the DB1 in the raffle ;)

shaun m
22-09-2012, 06:34 PM
hey you guys, I've heard bad things about what the weather might do tomorrow. If, in the unfortunate event that the 4wd is cancelled due to weather, will it be rescheduled or will there be a refund for all 4wd-ers?

On a more cheery note. Would anyone be so kind as to let me stay under their gazebo for the day tomorrow? I won't be any trouble......honest:lol:

I ask as I doubt there'll be room for another shanty town erection by the time I get there (when the gates open officially).

cheers all.

See you tomorrow :D

yeah i'm wondering the same thing , it would be nice to be able to pit in a dry part of the track !!

SteveB
22-09-2012, 07:13 PM
yeah i'm wondering the same thing , it would be nice to be able to pit in a dry part of the track !!

hey you guys, I've heard bad things about what the weather might do tomorrow. If, in the unfortunate event that the 4wd is cancelled due to weather, will it be rescheduled or will there be a refund for all 4wd-ers?

On a more cheery note. Would anyone be so kind as to let me stay under their gazebo for the day tomorrow? I won't be any trouble......honest:lol:

I ask as I doubt there'll be room for another shanty town erection by the time I get there (when the gates open officially).

cheers all.

See you tomorrow :D

Guys

We will see what we can do, sure there should be some gazebo space going, also there is another gazebo in race control, if u put it up and down

Thanks steve

SteveB
22-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Just thought I'd say thanks to all involved in a fantastic event with some truly awesome racing. Move of the day would be Lee's jump over the tabletop to overtake tom cockerill.
Great track, well run, great racing and great weather. All I need now is a phone call tomorrow to say I won the DB1 in the raffle ;)

Thanks for the feedback, appreciation for everyone's support today :thumbsup:

shaun m
22-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Guys

We will see what we can do, sure there should be some gazebo space going, also there is another gazebo in race control, if u put it up and down

Thanks steve


cheers steve , i'm hoping to be there at about 7 , soo ill take a chance !! :)

jimdaloo
22-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Ollie and I would just like to say thanks To the guys for a top meeting .

MrMagoo
22-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Dash 4 Cash video from today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQDHC3XhzGk&feature=plcp

I'll post all three A final legs later on once I've had a chance to edit them up.

Fletch248
22-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Great day today really enjoyed myself ... Great racing from the A finals. Can not wait for 4wd tomorrow.. Is the track changing ??.

Mark fletcher

TARTMAN
22-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Have to say, YET AGAIN, The Torch comittee put on a fantastic event, with the the LMR/Rudebits combo at the helm.
Hats off to you guys, you have done it as always, truly a well run and fun day had by all.
I agree Dobber, the "overtaking" move my Lee was just awsome, truly giving feel the the word OVERtaking........ great to witness.

Some amazingly close racing, the B final being right till the LAST corner, Evdoka/Burton battling to the last .05 of a second.....

I did not have a great result, but had loads of fun..... Thats the main bit!!!

See you all in a few hours for part 2, the 4wd fest!

;)

:woot::woot::woot:

Steve.T
22-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Can you remove me from the start list as I can't get my ****ing motor to work.
I did prepay and, although I'm not looking for a refund, could my entry fee used to purchase an extra raffle prize?

Crazy L
23-09-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm sure most will agree with me that even though the weather today is awful and the meet was cancelled, all the rest of the cogs turned smoothly today. A great track which I enjoyed even in the sodden conditions, a great turn out given the conditions and that it was 4wd.

A big cheers and well done to my fellow Torch guys and and the rest of whom made the meeting possible, including the youthful duo of Messrs Martin and Evdoka.

Now, who wants to get my gazebo out of the car for me? :p

freddie
23-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Well done torch crew and lmr rudebits for a great event shame about weather today !
And thank you for great raffle as I won best prize !!!!!!:p
Thanks again

mikeyscott
23-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Well done torch crew and lmr rudebits for a great event shame about weather today !
And thank you for great raffle as I won best prize !!!!!!:p
Thanks again

Goodbye 22 & HELLO DB1.

Many thanks mate.

Mike

TARTMAN
23-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Goodbye 22 & HELLO DB1.

Many thanks mate.

Mike

Thought Freddie won the SV2??? Confused??

great day today and yesterday. well done guys, shame the weather was evil. but we should be used toi it now i guess.

mikeyscott
23-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Thought Freddie won the SV2??? Confused??

great day today and yesterday. well done guys, shame the weather was evil. but we should be used toi it now i guess.

True, however.. ;)

TARTMAN
23-09-2012, 04:14 PM
True, however.. ;)

so a deal was done then lol................ ;)

Robocop
23-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks for a top meeting shame about our british weather same again next year?
Thanks paul

mikeyscott
23-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Just want to say a big thank you to the following:

My fellow TORCH Commitee members
Stuart Whyman
Tony Evdoka
Lee Martin
Kev Lee
Mark Townsend
RW Racing
Schumacher


The various other people who have helped us in the run up to this meeting.

Lasty to all the racers that attended the event. I aim to get the 2WD results online tonight.

badger5
23-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks to the Torch crew for putting on a good race meeting, even when the weather put a stop to the racing it was still well run with a jovial atmosphere. Looked like the 2wd event was pretty dam competitive but also good natured, with some awesome racing in the finals.

Thanks also to Tony Evdoka and Kevin Lee for helping sort out my speedo issues this morning, you are true ambassadors for the companies you represent and our sport/hobby.

rc_penguin
23-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Only done the 2wd day and was the first time I've been to Torch, track was awesome with a great team behind it all! Was well worth leaving at 4 in the morning for :) Hope to be back soon

mikeyscott
23-09-2012, 08:11 PM
LMR GP 2WD results - http://results.torchracing.co.uk/mtg28/index.htm

If cars need to be corrected, just let me know.

Results will be tidied up more dury the week

Steve.T
23-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Bit of a daft question but did you actually race today?

mikeyscott
24-09-2012, 05:50 AM
Bit of a daft question but did you actually race today?

Two rounds of quali done before Mr Whyman called it. Then had the brilliant raffle.

makinwaves
24-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Massive congrats to TORCH, Rudebits and LMR for organising a great meeting. Shame about the weather on Sunday. I know it put me off racing but i had a great day on Saturday.

Will be posting a few pics later on.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151236685336145.502738.739926144&type=3&l=1cf3f802d1

LazyMark

RudeTony
25-09-2012, 10:06 AM
To all the TORCH crew and committee members of the club
I think you guys can walk around with your heads held up high and be proud of your clubs achievements thus far.

A massive well done to all of you and thank you for holding this great event.

mikeyscott
25-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Thank you Tony

danharding
25-09-2012, 11:16 AM
I'd just like to say a big thank you to all involved :thumbsup:
It was an ace weekend, great racing, great track and very well run.

Thanks Everyone. :thumbsup:

RudeTony
25-09-2012, 01:14 PM
KQDHC3XhzGk

Briangb
25-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Sorry it has taken me 48 hours to pen my greatest thanks to everyone involved in making the LMR/RUDEBITS GP such a success. The reason for not posting till now, is the fact that I threw away my best ever chance of a trophy, and it has taken me till today to get over it. Memo to the commitee; 'can you please make the fence post at the end of the long straight a bit softer please'. My DB1 did not like it at pretty much top speed. Must remember to turn in sooner. (Thanks Kristian. Good advice).
Also to the guys that shared my awning; Dibble, RobW, Jack and James. thanks for your company. Kristian, Freddie and Craig (pitted next door), thanks guys, see you next time. Well done all the winners. 2wd A Finals absolutely awseome. 2wd B final! Dave, how do you get an 8 inch wide car through a 4 inch gap. lol! Great entertainment. Can't wait for the next one.

nicVEGAchildJR
25-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Nic and Nicholas child both used the dex210 not ansmann

RudeTony
25-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Nic and Nicholas child both used the dex210 not ansmann


If you are refering to the results print, then its up to the competitors to let race control know what changes are to be made otherwise it is assumed no changes.
Its the same as Kev Lee was driving a RB6 this weekend and not his DB1.

I am sure that race control will amend instantly next time you race there....

RobW
25-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Can only really echo what has already been said. Track, facilities and organisation all top notch – carpet in the loos, getting a bit posh for buggy racers isn’t it:) Seriously though I know a small handful of people spent many, many days putting this together and then ran the event, so thank you very much.:thumbsup:

Some of the racing in the finals was spectacular. Dave Burton overtaking Tony E on the last corner of the B final to take the win was the highlight although Lee Martin overtaking cars over the triple jump in the air was pretty good too.

Pity the weather intervened on the Sunday. I could only race (if you can call it that – felt very very slow which I am going to blame on the high quality of the other drivers who attended) on the Saturday but enjoyed watching the finals so much was intending coming back Sunday afternoon just to watch.

Rob

SteveB
30-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Unclaimed Raffle Prizes:

Gary Jordon - Electric Helicopter
Chris Everson - LMR Wing
Carl Howard - Schumacher Cut Staggers
Mike Wright - RW 83t SX3 Spur Gear/SV, also Schumacher Cut staggers
Steve Wilkinson - LMR Wing

These are the prizes from the LMR GP that I will attempt to make contact with individuals. 2 racers above I have not contact details. Please PM me to arrange collection/ postage options etc

Thanks Steve

Lee Martin
04-10-2012, 09:07 PM
If you are refering to the results print, then its up to the competitors to let race control know what changes are to be made otherwise it is assumed no changes.
Its the same as Kev Lee was driving a RB6 this weekend and not his DB1.

I am sure that race control will amend instantly next time you race there....

Further up if you read mikey said to let him know if cars need changing ;)

mikeyscott
04-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Further up if you read mikey said to let him know if cars need changing ;)

Cheers Lee.

Cleaned up and 4WD results up too, all be it only two quali rounds :( - http://results.torchracing.co.uk/GP2012/

Any problems, just ask.

I have spent a lot of time trying to keep up with who is running what these days and after a few snotty emails sent to me decided to just remove the cars completely.

hotrodchris
05-10-2012, 01:05 PM
It's not just you that changes Mikey!

mikeyscott
05-10-2012, 01:35 PM
It's not just you that changes Mikey!

I was waiting for that. But as others know still rolling same 4WD etc. same electrics and so forth....

I think there are many who have changed far more than me!

AmiSMB
05-10-2012, 02:02 PM
I was waiting for that. But as others know still rolling same 4WD etc. same electrics and so forth....

I think there are many who have changed far more than me!

A few Mikey, not many :lol: