PDA

View Full Version : best servos


IceMike
02-05-2008, 09:34 PM
im looking for atleast 2 new servos, for a b4 and a b44. whats the best for my money??

B&H Racing
02-05-2008, 09:49 PM
KO 2123 = Fantastic servos

I`ve got one in both my cars and loads of others seem to use them.

Can pick up a second hand one from Ebay for approx £40

SHY
02-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Futaba 9550 (low profile)

ashleyb4
02-05-2008, 10:03 PM
im with Band H racing the 2123 is an ace servo.

A

IceMike
02-05-2008, 10:04 PM
i do need abit more space in the car low profile would make sense

jim76
02-05-2008, 10:05 PM
ko 2123 for me also in both cars. both second hand for around £35. fast, torquey, and metal gears

SHY
02-05-2008, 10:08 PM
i do need abit more space in the car low profile would make sense

Yup, and they'll fit any car on the market!

I think KO also has a low profile servo for those who prefer that brand.

josh_smaxx
02-05-2008, 10:25 PM
I think KO also has a low profile servo for those who prefer that brand.

Yep, 2143 i think :confused: i want a LP servo :drool:

frogger
02-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I use the new Futaba 9551 low profile in my B4 and B44. Awesome servo's.

d16dcoe45
03-05-2008, 02:51 AM
I personally think a fast strong servo is probably the best thing you can do to help the handling of you car. In that case: Jr 9000s and 9100s
Both digital, metal gears. 9100 has 180oz torque, 0.06 seconds --9000 same speed but only 128oz. both at 6.0v.

DNF
03-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Anyone tried the ACE/Associated ds1015?
I think I'm going to pick one up today for a b44.

stegger
03-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Anyone tried the ACE/Associated ds1015?
I think I'm going to pick one up today for a b44.

I use the 1015 and it's great in my B4:thumbsup: and i think craggy uses them now

rcluke
03-05-2008, 11:48 AM
blue bird seem good ones, they look cool (see through) and are cheap and fast with metal gears.

they would probably not be very good with an off-road though

ashleyb4
03-05-2008, 11:52 AM
He already has two blue bird ones. I think he is getting new ones as we where all commenting on how loud his servo was.

A

SHY
03-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I use the new Futaba 9551 low profile in my B4 and B44. Awesome servo's.

Yes, that's right! The 9551 has now taken over for the 9550...

rcluke
04-05-2008, 05:58 PM
He already has two blue bird ones. I think he is getting new ones as we where all commenting on how loud his servo was.

A

loud bluebird? mine isnt

DNF
04-05-2008, 06:45 PM
I use the 1015 and it's great in my B4:thumbsup: and i think craggy uses them now


Used the servo today. Seems pretty good. May not be as quick as some, but plenty quick enough for me. Quite heavy though? Car seems v nose heavy (lipos in a B44 certainly not helping!).

stefke
05-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Don't forget the Sanwa ERG series.

Ultra strong, ultra precise and above all : ultra reliable.

CAClark
05-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Are the metal gear hi-torque hitec ones any good?

Cheers!

mes
06-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Futaba BLS 451
not low profile, not cheap at all, but a hell of a servo!:wub