PDA

View Full Version : Wouter wins 2012 Belgian GP 2WD title


jimmy
07-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Wouter Wynen took the 2WD title at this years Belgian GP after a superb performance in qualifying, taking the opening three rounds, put him in the TQ spot for the three-leg finals.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/belgiangp2012/2wdnewsx.jpg


Wouter took the opening two legs of the A for the overall victory with his XFactory X6. Kim Nielsen took the final leg to finish second overall and Schumacher's Grant Williams took third overall with his Cougar SV2.

The Belgian GP is going great with some fantastic racing in a fun atmosphere - and despite the rain earlier in the week things have gone smoothly so far.
4WD qualifying and finals will wrap up this years event on Sunday and we'll have a full fun-filled report on the event online soon!

Gies
08-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Is his Centro for sale now??

RCDomination.com
08-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Good Job Wouter!!!:thumbsup:

Dc

Paul_Sinclair
08-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Wo Hoo Wouter!

R666REW
08-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Woooooh Grant :thumbsup:

RCDomination.com
08-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Woooooh Grant :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, well done to Grant as well, did he win 4wd today?

Dc

GRIFF55
08-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Who's this grant fella:confused: :p
Well done wouty!

pieterke
08-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Oh yeah, well done to Grant as well, did he win 4wd today?
Dc

Yep, he did:thumbsup:

Origineelreclamebord
08-07-2012, 06:59 PM
This was the best (event) weekend I had in a very long time! :thumbsup: I'll make sure I'm at the GP next year as well! :lol:

OneKiwi
09-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Who's this grant fella:confused: :p
Well done wouty!

Thats danish Kim, hes not that big I think the others are just short

Somerwil
09-07-2012, 09:01 AM
That was some very impressive driving by Wouter last weekend!

He only got into trouble in the second A-final and only in the last few corners where he made a minor mistake allowing Kim to try and make a fair move on the last corner. Kim had a better line there while Wouter was defending his position. The was contact between the cars with Wouter ending upside-down. In my opinion it would have been fair if Kim went through to win the second leg but Kim waited for Wouter and give him back his first place and (with that) the win on the Belgian GP since Wouter already won the first leg. So the title for fair play is for Kim Nielsen!

Also pretty impressive results by two very young Dutch guys with Wesley van Helmond into 4th place and 14-year-old GP-rookie Bryan van Rijnberk into 12th after BQ'ing.

OneKiwi
09-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Going to be great with the report and hopefully some film

flipside
09-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks everyone for a nice weekend :) Especially Willy, Liliane and Elvo, the rest of the mbv helping members, the catering people and the oOple crew!!

I think we were quite lucky with the weather during the actual racedays, as there was a lot more rain in other parts of Belgium. Saturday was dry all day, sunday the track was wet but the conditions in qualifying seemed relatively consistent to give everyone a fair chance in each round.

I would like to thank Kim once more for his fair play driving, which is something I will never forget. In A1 he was very patient on the first cobble section, and at the end of A2 he made a decision that instantly decided the meeting, to his disadvantage.

That incident was certainly not black or white! Seeing the video now, I don't think you can blame either one of us, Kim tried to squeeze past coming from the outside of the offcamber corner, I tried to keep my line towards the last corner.
http://youtu.be/vk5xDB45h4k?hd=1&t=5m18s

Many people seemed to have varying opinions on who was doing what in the last few corners, which only proves that different eyes see (very!) different things :)

Let's all hope for more volunteers next year, so the meeting will still exist, and we can put 5 referees on the rostrum ;)

Cheers,

wouter

Somerwil
09-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Seeing the video now, I don't think you can blame either one of us"

That's what I thought at that moment as well! Kim could wait or continue and win this final. He decided to wait for which he deserves a medal :thumbsup:

olefiloux
09-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Nice race, very good Amain winners!!!

I'm looking for a Giant Kim DEX 210 set up sheet.
Looks awesome.

lordnikon
10-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Fair play, after leading all that time it seems a fair outcome.

Sounds like a Mr Rob Rasey on the mic too

elvo
10-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Results:

http://users.telenet.be/mbv/2012GP4WD/

http://users.telenet.be/mbv/2012GP2WD/