View Full Version : What other makes of Rx work with Sanwa Gemini II Tx?
Fiddybux
04-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Just blown my RX-311 mucking about in the rain, and wondering what other types (maybe Hi-Tech) work with Sanwa Gemini II transmitter and crystals? Or would I need different crystals as well?
Any ideas. Anyone know?
Thanks.
Have used a HiTec HFS-03MM, use the Sanwa crystals
Fiddybux
04-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Ok, that's cool. And they're more readily available and cheaper too. Hopefully interference wouldn't be a problem with the HiTec HFS-03MM.
Anyone know of any others, just so I have some options?
markwilliamson2001
04-05-2008, 11:14 AM
I guess any Std Futaba type receiver would work, so long as you use Sanwa xtals. I don't think KO stuff works tho, but don't quote me on that.
mobile chicane
04-05-2008, 02:02 PM
the cheap cirrus ones work £15 from hobbystores amongst others from memory use the sanwa xtals though
Fiddybux
04-05-2008, 03:02 PM
the cheap cirrus ones work £15 from hobbystores amongst others from memory use the sanwa xtals though
What, this little £8.99 thing (it's all I could find)?
http://www.hobbystores.co.uk/asp/FS_blank.asp?frame=http://www.hobbystores.co.uk/asp/default.asp?itemid=CRX0401/40
At that price I'll be driving through every puddle I can find!
Slimboyfat
04-05-2008, 03:22 PM
I use Sanwa Exzes...I've used KO 297 and the Ko receiver with the carbon look.
You will need to always use Sanwa Xtals whatever reciever you end up using.
rowanp25
04-05-2008, 05:22 PM
i use mine with a novak xxl receiver always have:thumbsup: stick with sanwa xtals though.
Why didn't you come to Bury Russ???? you could of joined a mass orgy of blowing eletrics!!!
Are you sure its blown, open up the case and stick it in the airing cupboard, might just be damp inside.
westie
04-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Hitec hfs-03mm works
Novak xxl
Nosram recievers
lrp recievers work
futaba one work too :D
Fiddybux
06-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone.
Just as a little update, some guy from a shop got back to me about those cheap Cirrus ones and they will work but there is 15% range reduction. Don't know how much of an authority on the subject he is though, but this seems to make sense. Cheap receiver = short range.
Dan - glad I stayed away to be honest. The reason I didn't come is that when I got up at 8am it was sunny, but they the weather turned really bad and there was thunder and lightning round my way. I thought about all the times I got soaked at Bury in the past, and all the times they'd called off the final and I had second thoughts. Turns out they called off the final again huh!
Dan - glad I stayed away to be honest. The reason I didn't come is that when I got up at 8am it was sunny, but they the weather turned really bad and there was thunder and lightning round my way. I thought about all the times I got soaked at Bury in the past, and all the times they'd called off the final and I had second thoughts. Turns out they called off the final again huh!
Finals didn't get called off, the club let the drivers vote on running finals and about 70% voted to race the finals. Some drivers opted not to run.
You blew your RX up bashing anyway so you should of come and at least blown it up during racing! :thumbsup:
Fiddybux
06-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Finals didn't get called off, the club let the drivers vote on running finals and about 70% voted to race the finals. Some drivers opted not to run.
You blew your RX up bashing anyway so you should of come and at least blown it up during racing! :thumbsup:
Actually just got wet...it works fine now. :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.