View Full Version : Durango big bore shocks on an S2 ??
hans123
11-07-2012, 10:21 AM
hello,
I have the big bore shocks of durango put on an S2, but they are about 10mm too long. has anyone an idea how I can eliminate this??
Thanks
Big G
11-07-2012, 11:08 AM
fit washers under the piston to limit the length
hans123
11-07-2012, 11:16 AM
yes i will try that but will the maximum distance between the in and out not be too short ?
RogerM
11-07-2012, 11:28 AM
The balance of shock stroke and body length is quite important to get a car to handle at all well.
If your exchanging shocks between brands you really need to make sure the closed length (fully compressed position) is near identical to the shocks your replacing. The open length (fully extended) can be changed with different length shafts and/or under piston spacing.
I'm not 100% sure without measuring but I think the Kyosho big bore shocks are much closer to the AE closed length than the Durango ones
Good luck.
hans123
11-07-2012, 11:48 AM
ok thank you very much i'll give it a try
Big G
11-07-2012, 11:51 AM
I fitted small bore TD shocks to my Centro and it was terrible. I ended up just buying AE shocks which transformed it.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.