View Full Version : 3 Deg Rear Toe on X6
MeBeMikey
13-07-2012, 05:25 PM
When would you run 3 Deg rear toe on an X6? Im running 3.5 at the moment, not for any reason (3deg rear block with .5 hubs). Seems to work really well like this. I just tried it and left it. Set-ups I have seen are all 4 deg despite surface. Looking at fellow racers with dif cars they are running as low as 2 deg and some of them are quite good drivers in the UK, IE Dean Gibbs.
Always.
The X-6 has such awesome rear traction, 3° is all you'll ever need.
ianjoyner
13-07-2012, 07:16 PM
I keep trying the 3 degree block, but often seem to end up going back to 4 to make the car more predictable, I do a similar thing with the wheel base at the hub, starting short, going long, then moving back to short if it's unstable. But I often run on fairly low traction surfaces.
MeBeMikey
13-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Guess I'm right there in the middle with 3.5 toe. In touring I was told that running arms forwards to create a forward lean on the driveshaft creates more grip and drive forward. It's caused by the drive shaft chatter. I didn't notice in touring why this was. Looking at my X6's rear wheels when excellorating on the bench with driveshafts angled forwards makes the wheels increase toe.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.