PDA

View Full Version : AE VTS Clutch


Chippy96
15-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Anyone tried the VTS multiplate clutch yet ??

BeachBuggyPhil
15-07-2012, 08:02 PM
I've already asked.
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103712

BeachBuggyPhil
15-07-2012, 08:04 PM
If the link doesn't work read the thread called Hello Slipper Assembly.

Chippy96
15-07-2012, 08:35 PM
it sounds like it will fit Phil,they are being advertised as "B4/SC10" ect ect,I asked as my clutch is very sensitive to adjustment,a slight movement of the nut and it goes from no slip to too much,so I was hoping this would help and give a more gradual adjustment-i`m going to give it a try.....On some of the forums some have commented about the extra rotating mass,but it wont be as heavy as the brass flywheel so I dont see it as a problem-only one way to find out!!!:)

BeachBuggyPhil
15-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Don't buy anything, we can try mine in the other X6 at the track on Tuesday.
Or if I have time I'll try it tomorrow. The VTS was designed for the FT 4x4.

BeachBuggyPhil
15-07-2012, 08:53 PM
It's not very heavy, the basket is plastic.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh82/wigglywoozle/205d8b0c.jpg

Chippy96
15-07-2012, 11:26 PM
excellent!!!!:thumbsup::)

BeachBuggyPhil
16-07-2012, 12:56 PM
It does fit.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g284/SXTrail/1f08e101.jpg

Not able to test it but easy to try again tomorrow night at the track.

Chippy96
16-07-2012, 06:42 PM
oh yippeee:thumbsup:,I wont be there untill 6.30ish,see u then.:D

BeachBuggyPhil
16-07-2012, 06:52 PM
I'll be there by about 1530. Batteries will probably be flat by the time you get there!

AntH
18-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Did this idea work?

BeachBuggyPhil
18-07-2012, 09:35 PM
We didn't run it at the track as it was wet and worsening at the end of racing but I'll try to test it again on Saturday when we do some track maintainence.

Chippy96
18-07-2012, 10:47 PM
10ish????:confused:

BeachBuggyPhil
18-07-2012, 11:09 PM
See you there.

BeachBuggyPhil
21-07-2012, 12:34 PM
It worked.
Chippy tested it, I'll remind him to report his findings but they were positive.
:)

Chippy96
21-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the "loan of your clutch" Phil,yes it fits and works very nicely,certainly a good option.The only thing I found was if you are using "E Speed Hangers" then the basket is quite close to the inner ball joint but it doesnt touch (i`m using the RPM ends which are quite chunky)-so it`s not an issue as such,all in all very good. :thumbsup:

skyaflake
23-07-2012, 01:14 PM
I've ordered the VTS clutch too. Going to try it out next race on a dusty clay track.

I'll post my results here too.

BeachBuggyPhil
23-07-2012, 05:15 PM
You'll need a V2 spring as well.

skyaflake
25-07-2012, 11:02 AM
I thought of that :thumbsup:

BeachBuggyPhil
02-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Although it appears to have a smaller surface area there is now an alternative to the VTS slipper.
http://www.avidrc.com/product/5/accesories/453/Triad-Slipper-Clutch-Stock-B422-AV1020-STK-accesories.html

I'm guessing it's small to fit under the dust cover of a B4 but that's not an issue on an X6.
Chippy and myself are both still using the VTS and are happy with its performance.

Big G
03-09-2012, 08:12 AM
The downside to the above slipper is you have to use their spurs whereas the AE VTS slipper will fit all the usual spurs, AE, RPM, etc :)

Welshy40
07-09-2012, 11:35 AM
It does fit.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g284/SXTrail/1f08e101.jpg

Not able to test it but easy to try again tomorrow night at the track.

Is the back plate on the slipper system on your car, as per the manual it says to use the normal plate behind the spur, as it looks like you havent fitted it? Also how do you set this slipper? Cheers

Big G
07-09-2012, 12:13 PM
you keep the original backplate. the VTS kit includes these parts:

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/AS91175/gallery/gallery1.jpg

YoungChazz
07-09-2012, 12:45 PM
I want very much to try this. Because the dual plate clutch significantly increases pad area, there should be a much greater range of adjustment, allowing far finer adjustment. At the same time, the clutch should be better able to handle extreme loads.

Big G
07-09-2012, 12:53 PM
I found mine a lot better feel towards the end of the race.

where I'd set the slipper when it was cold and it would be fine, but after 4 minutes it gave the impression I wasn't getting as much drive out of the corners. with the VTS installed it maintains a good consistency throughout the race.

Tom3012
07-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Could someone show a part by part pic of how this goes on? All i did was put 3 wheel bearings on the layshaft then the VTS assembley... No back original spur plate...?

KRob
07-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Here you go:

VTS Slipper supplement (http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/shared/91175.pdf)

Obviously the references for the SC10 4x4 are not relevent on this occasion.
As mentioned - you still need to use the inner plate and pad. The fitting of that will be in the instructions for your car.

BeachBuggyPhil
07-09-2012, 10:08 PM
It's exactly the same as normal on the inside of the spur.
The basket has one pad, then the metal disc (which acts as a slipper plate) then another pad and then the outer slipper plate.
Put the v2 spring, washer and nut on and set to taste.

Tom3012
07-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Ahhhh ok, so still use a plate and pad before putting the spur on... 3 pads total

BeachBuggyPhil
08-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Yip.

And you can get things like these http://www.rcshox.com/ft-vts-garodisc/ to put in it. Fit and forget.