View Full Version : Shock strengtheners?
Southwell
07-05-2008, 07:37 AM
So ive put mine on but the front one pushes the body up and it's not even close to allowing a body clip in, is everyones like this?
http://www.telsshells.com/TSD_7921.jpg
super__dan
07-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Does yours have a horizontal bar across the middle? I cut that out on mine and it's fine. Come have a look at my modded one on the weekend if you like. Will try to do a pic later though.
Southwell
07-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Does yours have a horizontal bar across the middle? I cut that out on mine and it's fine.
Yeah, that was the only way i could see it working anyway, cheers for the clarification before i ripped out the dremel. :thumbsup:
Yeh thats what i did on mine. Doesnt affect performance :thumbsup:
Doomanic
07-05-2008, 11:24 AM
As I use velcro to secure the body on my X-5 I cut the nose off the shell and stuck it on with servo tape. IMHO, that's better than weakening the strengthener!
super__dan
07-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Whilst you are right, it so dramatically beefs up the tower that even though it is weaker it's still very strong.
I cant see it making that much difference because there isnt that much stress on that part of the tower. :confused:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.