View Full Version : lrp sphere
is there any real difference in performance between the normal sphere and the competition one
bert digler
10-05-2008, 07:15 AM
is there any real difference in performance between the normal sphere and the competition one
yes the comp can handle bigger motors down to a 3.5 i think also has better drive programs and is more robust the std one only goes to 5.5;)
yes the comp can handle bigger motors down to a 3.5 i think also has better drive programs and is more robust the std one only goes to 5.5;)
im only planning on driving a 6.5 motor. also i think it comes with reverse, can you switch it off
nitrokillah
10-05-2008, 09:09 AM
yes you can change programs.
so there isnt really any difference in the way it actually controls the motor?
rcluke
10-05-2008, 08:23 PM
the main difference,
the price :p
LEGEND
10-05-2008, 08:26 PM
The only differences i can see is the price, the fact that one can handle a faster motor and the little plate on top on it says competition on it instead of not having it on. :)
markwilliamson2001
10-05-2008, 08:31 PM
The only differences i can see is the price, the fact that one can handle a faster motor and the little plate on top on it says competition on it instead of not having it on. :)
I am not sure, but I think they might have changed the software slightly on the competition one. It is very similiar to the Nosram Matrix Evolution, so might be worth reading Jimmy's review about the Nosram on here....
Happy reading.
Mark
The programming options on the 2007 edition are slightly different.
The reliability of the newer version also seems better. I might be wrong but I thought the original sphere was discontinued. So if your buying new I think the 2007 edition is the only one available.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.