PDA

View Full Version : Team C Gear diff for mid car?


Neil78
31-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know if there is a gear diff coming out that will fit the mid motor gearbox as ive seen on tc models web site that they have one for the rear motor and would like to give this a try as i mainly run on high grip surfaces.Many thanks

Robbiejuk
31-07-2012, 11:47 AM
I haven't seen any moves to make the gear diff available for the mid car unfortunately. Thats not to say that there isn't anything going on behind the scenes though :)

It would probably be quite a lot of work to get it to fit as they would have to redesign the gearboxes, t-piece etc, just like they did the rear motored cars, but also they might end up having to redesign the rear bulkhead, and probably the layshaft would have to be slightly longer compensate for the extra width of the gearbox.

I can imagine it would be quite a lot of work if they did decide to develop it. :o

Anyways here is hoping that they do but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Neil78
31-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the info

Crazy L
26-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I heard a rumour that the gear diff from the Associated SC fits in. Though I've not personally investigated the claim, but no smoke without fire etc.

goos
27-09-2012, 05:23 AM
I heard a rumour that the gear diff from the Associated SC fits in. Though I've not personally investigated the claim, but no smoke without fire etc.

Its no rumor, the germans installed AE gear diffs in their cars ages ago. Guess now that teamC got their own you can fit in the same way. Guess the germans could chime in and tell us how its done.

ben44
27-09-2012, 02:03 PM
I've try putt we need to use a dremel to have more space for ball bearing.
It's not easy to to do something flat.
I've do it for the rear model, i've try on mid motor, but know i've my new kit i will look.

mof
28-09-2012, 12:38 PM
http://forum.teamcracing.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=441

"Oliver made the Diff Housing wider. He cut of the side piece off of another housing and fit it inbetween. All the internal axles where shimmed with spacers and longer screws used. The Motor moves further to the centre which also helps the balance."

http://forum.teamcracing.net/data/attachment/forum/201209/17/095351qqukjk2q4knx6i9d.jpg

adon30
28-09-2012, 03:04 PM
How does the gearbox housing mount to the chassis if it is wider? Surely the screws don't line up.

john333
28-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Don't know the details but if you look at the photo you will see some kind of metal mounting plate, bolting the gearbox to the rear of the chassis

adon30
28-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Don't know the details but if you look at the photo you will see some kind of metal mounting plate, bolting the gearbox to the rear of the chassis


Good point. Didn't see that starring me in the face. It's been a long day :eh?:

Just seen what looks like a load of lead on the other side though.... counter balance??

john333
28-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Yeah our cars don't have weight there but we are running 60 to 80 Grams under the lipos, and usually a bit near the servo.

adon30
28-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Yeah our cars don't have weight there but we are running 60 to 80 Grams under the lipos, and usually a bit near the servo.

Yep depends on the weight of the lipos as the larger capacity ones are heavier nowadays. On the x2c I used to run 80g under the lipo and about 35-40 under servo. Now on the team c based akula I have the 30g brass bulkhead, 20g in front of the servo and am going to try 40g under lipo to see how the car reacts. Did have a small amount, 25g, under the servo but removed this to help the servo sit flat. Some run without any weight, just personal preference.

Sorry, went completely off topic then.....

mr_g
10-10-2012, 02:58 AM
Not long to wait now everyone.......

http://forum.teamcracing.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=455&page=1#pid3109

john333
10-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Can't wait to try this in the uk, please send some to smd for testing :drool::woot:

Robbiejuk
12-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Can't wait to try this in the uk, please send some to smd for testing :drool::woot:

Amen to that :lol:

john333
12-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Jono is on the case......

JezT
08-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Any News?

Also read that a Kyosho gear diff fits - Anyone know about this? Which one?

nosequehacer
03-12-2012, 11:26 AM
I´ve raced the car this weekend and loved it. But the ball diff was a real PAIN. I have to tight it 3 times ĦĦĦ

Please, rear plate and wider diff case to accomodate the gear diff ĦĦĦ

please please please :cry:

john333
03-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Not had a problem with my ball diff once I put some ceramic balls in.

JezT
04-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Jono is on the case......

Sorry to persist but - Any News?

......Oh well - One more ball diff rebuild might last me till my TM2 arrives... but doubt it.

Chalkie
04-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Any News?

Also read that a Kyosho gear diff fits - Anyone know about this? Which one?

Would guess that it's the ultima shortcorse one, I think it uses the standard gearbox case so isn't any wider. Not a cheap option though.

ben44
04-12-2012, 02:52 PM
I thinks the TeamC one can putt on with smaller bearing.

JezT
04-12-2012, 03:44 PM
There isn't a Team C one though?

Please explain

nosequehacer
04-12-2012, 03:48 PM
I thinks the TeamC one can putt on with smaller bearing.

I think there´s no place enough

jlucas
04-12-2012, 04:14 PM
no need for a gear diff if you spend plenty of time preparing and building the ball diff even with the kit balls it will go together hassle free i haven't had a bad experience and I've built a few.

james

JezT
18-12-2012, 01:05 PM
no need for a gear diff if you spend plenty of time preparing and building the ball diff even with the kit balls it will go together hassle free i haven't had a bad experience and I've built a few.

james

Thats the whole issue - I would prefer not to "spend plenty of time preparing and building the ball diff".... over and over again; I would prefer to spend a short time building a gear diff, then forgetting it and spending plenty of time tuning and racing

welshmerlin
19-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Thats the whole issue - I would prefer not to "spend plenty of time preparing and building the ball diff".... over and over again; I would prefer to spend a short time building a gear diff, then forgetting it and spending plenty of time tuning and racing

Having spent tonight doing just that Jez I couldn't agree with you more!