View Full Version : Kyosho RB6
jimmy
31-07-2012, 05:30 PM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/rb601.jpg
No information as yet that I've seen but it looks like Kyosho have joined the mid&rear motor brigade with their new Ultima RB6 - with alloy chassis, big bores and with what looks like a number of different layout options / cell positions possible. The mid motor example shown has the cells far forward but it looks like it's possible to have them much further back and the same goes for the rear motor example.
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/rb602.jpg
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/rb603.jpg
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/rb604.jpg
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/rb605.jpg
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/rb606.jpg
discothesnake
31-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Looks great but will be pricey knowing Kyosho. :bored:
jonathan may
31-07-2012, 06:04 PM
yep :o
The Chef
31-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Won't be as much as a DB1 though. I see a new car coming. Buy buy conversion stuff.
adam_u
31-07-2012, 06:51 PM
some good shots here:
linky (http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2012/07/31/kyosho-ultima-rb6-110-2wd-buggy/)
They may have tested 10 bodies in a wind-tunnel to achieve that one, but it aint pretty - I still want it though :thumbsup:
Rebelrc
31-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Looks very well executed
:)
I love this quote from the link Adam_u put up "The chassis offers the possibility to use rechargeable batteries as well as stick packs or saddle-shorties" I didn't know they made one shot batteries for RC cars now.....
Fair does to them though, it does look well executed though.
Chris Larner
31-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Nice indeed.
Watch the for sale thread get flooded with all variations of the RB5, from standard too Vega and poss a few DB1!
andys
31-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Looks very nice.
It's hard to see if the motor is far enough back (in mid config) as the Losi 22 suffered from the motor being too far forward. If this doesn't suffer that problem then it should be a winner.
I hope they bring it out soon,get some people running it as i love kyosho stuff,but not enought to struggle with it like the 22,
mikeyscott
31-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Won't be as much as a DB1 though. I see a new car coming. Buy buy conversion stuff.
Circa £280 is normal price for Kyosho 2WD cars from what I've seen. DB1 is awesome though and mine cost me under £300 due to some nice deals I landed ;) with the conversion cars - ebay bargins!
Does look nice, but also just looks like a Losi 22 at the mo. Get some high quality pics from Kyosho and that'll show the differences. Question is who's going to be sacked for leaking the info...!
Question is who's going to be sacked for leaking the info...!
I guess no one as Kyosho.de released it http://www.kyosho.de/?page=shop%2Fflypage&product_id=24653
Release day was 1 aug Japan time, so it´s on schedule.
mikeyscott
31-07-2012, 08:12 PM
I guess no one as Kyosho.de released it http://www.kyosho.de/?page=shop%2Fflypage&product_id=24653
Release day was 1 aug Japan time, so it´s on schedule.
Ah ok didn't realise it was Japan, but looking forward to seeing it as kyosho quality is awesome
Origineelreclamebord
31-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Chassis looks very nice! :) I like how simple and open they've kept the chassis plate, it makes it very easy to try out various layouts yourself without doing any sort of modifications on the car!
I have to say, I even really like the shell except for one thing... Why not make the edge between the roof of the shell and window a bit more rounded? It would've made cab forward bearable for me, I'd even support cab forward if they'd do so! :p
As for the price on Kyosho.de... I hope they're kidding, right? That buys you a lot of different stuff from the competition, and I'm not convinced (yet) that the RB6 will be that revolutionary to justify this kind of difference in price! That said, this is another one on the list of cars to watch! :D Really, if Tamiya doesn't answer to this soon I consider the chance to drive Tamiya again after my 201 has had the best of it's life very, very small! (DEX210, SV2/SVR, RB6, a conversion of sorts... And if they ever release it a B5, the non-metric hardware and the horrid styling on every chassis part is enough to keep me away from the B4/B4.1).
jasonrcb
31-07-2012, 11:28 PM
I hate to say this but,i like the look of it myself:woot:and im no kyosho fan
1 question i have though,will the uk team be running this car,or are they sticking with the DB1,as its hardly been out 5 minutes itself
The Chef
01-08-2012, 02:27 AM
It looks fantasticly simple. I'm up for one! Order placed��
At the current exchange it works out a sniff over £300 so not that bad.
Any idea how long until the uk gets them?
carlin
01-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Ohh I just wee'dd alitte lovely :thumbsup:
Like!
Motor is in the correct position (looks to be pretty much where the X6 motor is) so should have good traction. T6 chassis with a brace at the front to stop it bending. Loads of room for radio gear and moving the Lipos around. And Kyosho quality!
Very nice.
And for those of us that don't want to spend £300, there will be some nice cheap RB5 Vegas for sale :thumbsup:
Moose
01-08-2012, 10:07 AM
should hit the stores in september.
jon kedge
01-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Having raced a rb5 before had nightmare getting spares with so many variations available,Could be tempted(i would be outcasted from our pit area) but i'll stick to my £50 special rear motor.
Dudders
01-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Interesting news. Bring the Kyosho back into my price bracket.
adon30
01-08-2012, 04:56 PM
At the current exchange it works out a sniff over £300 so not that bad.
Have you included import tax and vat in the calculation? If not add £50+ to it.
Looks a nice car. Will be interesting to see if it works on our astro and high grip tracks and how it stands up to the established conversions. I'm sure the kyosho drivers will be busy testing it during the winter.
adon30
01-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Double post
Candyman
01-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Pretty close..........
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/2201x.jpg
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/rb605.jpg
mikeyscott
01-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Have you included import tax and vat in the calculation? If not add £50+ to it.
Looks a nice car. Will be interesting to see if it works on our astro and high grip tracks and how it stands up to the established conversions. I'm sure the kyosho drivers will be busy testing it during the winter.
I was thinking exactly that earlier. I rec it's going to be closer to £400
Darren Boyle
01-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I was thinking exactly that earlier. I rec it's going to be closer to £400
The VAT on £300 alone would be £60, then import around £9 "if" it had not been factored in, it will work out cheaper in the long run for anyone looking at getting one to source from one of the UK outlets when it arrives...
MikePimlott
01-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Pretty close..........
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/2201x.jpg
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/rb605.jpg
Yeah, but the motor is deffinately closer to the driveshafts.
RogerM
02-08-2012, 07:01 AM
Much closer!!!
...which isn't always better.
Gnarly Old Dog
02-08-2012, 09:57 AM
...which isn't always better.
made me smile. Thank you Elvo:)
AfroP
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM
£350 is way way too much for a 2wd buggy imho
footey
02-08-2012, 03:39 PM
if your gonna get from abroad and get vat and stuff on might aswell order from MB MODELS on here at 349.99 seems a good offer
jonathan may
02-08-2012, 04:40 PM
far too expensive £250 max :thumbdown:
andys
02-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Why is the Kyosho stuff so expensive ?
Is it due to the way it's brought into the uk / distributed etc - or is it generally more expensive than other brands worldwide ?
Still - its got to be cheaper than the kit & conversion options when you price up new kits rather than eBay bargains.
MikePimlott
02-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Your right Andy, i think its because it comes via FDL in france rather than direct from K.
RogerM
02-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Look at the prices in the States ... it's a bit more than most everywhere.
The quality of the components & cars in general are super high so it's a bit like comparing an Audi with a Kia.
Remember that Kyosho stuff is manufactured in Japan to super tight tolerances and that the YEN is quite strong against a lot of other currencies too.
The other thing to remember with Kyosho stuff is that quality means next to no worn out components to replace after many months (sometimes seasons) of running, very few breakages and it's all in the box ... no need to buy loads of upgrades to make it work / be durable (although the hop ups are there if you want them).
There are two reasons why I run Kyosho;
1) as an engineer used to working with sub-micron tolerances no other brand of 1/10th buggy feels 'right' in hand
2) I've very little disposable income, thus couldn't afford to keep replacing bits so I'd rather pay a little more up front to get a solid reliable car (just wish I'd done the same with my electronics too .. live and learn).
Add to that they are great to drive and the higher initial purchase price is soon forgotten ... I mean who the hell "WANTS" a Kia ;-)
Moose
02-08-2012, 05:36 PM
the first rb5 had the same price but the newer ones (SP2, SP2WC) had normal prices. Kit price istnt the problem, I bought the RB5 when it came out in the US and paid 30 € more than a B4 would have been, but it is not the biggest fun to look for spare parts and tuning parts in many different countries just because you have to pay twice as much for some parts in any EU shop.
Kyosho stuff in general isnt super expensive looking at the nitro 8 scale stuff ists very reasonable priced aswell as most kits. And not every 2WD spare part is very expensive, just a few parts are far from normal, most plastic parts are cheaper than Losi but most steel parts are more expensive than any other brand
Darren Boyle
02-08-2012, 05:39 PM
It is because it is from Japan, a VERY expensive country to buy out of right now sadly, just look at why CML have no Yokomo stuff at present and why the Sanwa Exzes-X is £430 at todays prices. Kyosho stuff is great quality BUT it is also made/sold from one of the dearest countries to export from right now.....
Moose
02-08-2012, 06:14 PM
RogerM: I don't think it is very useful to compare rc cars with real cars as most premium real car brands use newest manufacturing techniques and cars are made with different goals in mind. There quite interesting low priced small cars on the market that deliver stunning quality for this market. Toyota Aygo for example isn't produced less intelligent than an Audi.
In RC most brands use average machiney and many companies even use the same factory. The injection point have to be removed on most plastic parts by hand. That is not a problem but shows that Kyosho does surly not have the best machinery in RC (but by far not the worst :D).
The first RB5 needed many tuning parts to make it comparable to others, so I wouldn't speek in general. I couldnt see a difference in wearing between a RB5 and other cars in general (22 for example apart from a few issues the 22 kit has). Differences are really small and in other classes with more different cars there are at least 5 brands with stuff at the same level For me the RB5 has two pros: outstanding shocks and the newest cars eliminated every problem the first cars had.
If it was just the fact it is made in japan than it wouldn't be so cheap to buy parts in Japan on your own. Even cheaper with import taxes and shipping, looking at this it can only be the distributors or distributors have to buy in local japan shops too.
knighthawk
02-08-2012, 06:15 PM
The problem is everyone is cash strapped within reason !
Team Losi TLR22 RRP is £215
Tamiya TRF201 RRP is £220
Schumacher SV2 RRP is £220
Kyosho RB6 Rough RRP £340
I've own plenty of Kyosho's back in the day, but I find them no better than any other manufacture when you bare in mind the extra price
Car's will always break if hit hard enough or driven incorrectly
Even the best have accidents and break, so spares are a must, so on top of the kit you've got to add at least £50 of spares hopups etc !
Just think that the extra price isn't justified
But if people want this car they will pay it, so they can keep charging these outrageous prices and get away with it
The DB1 conversion is a prime example, put the car in the right hands, then us mortals are convinced its the best car and a must have no matter the cost !!
Due to the rising cost ov living I will have to resort to selling body parts on eBay to get one of these. My left leg will be first I think. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the vega converted car on the track though.
Kyosho stuff in general isnt super expensive looking at the nitro 8 scale stuff ists very reasonable priced aswell as most kits. And not every 2WD spare part is very expensive, just a few parts are far from normal, most plastic parts are cheaper than Losi but most steel parts are more expensive than any other brand
I have to disagree here. When I bought my 1/8 nitro six months ago I paid £400 for an Xray XB9 when it was only days old in the shops. To have bought a Kyosho equivalent wouldn't have given me much change from £700. That is a MEGA difference and one that in my opinion isn't justified.
Kyosho do make fantastic cars, my rb5 was the best car I have owned so far. It just didn't break. But even allowing for the reduced breakage I still carried spare
Wishbones, shock towers etc just in case so it still hit me in the pocket. And as for the cost of big bore springs....
I'm not Kyosho bashing as I love the cars they produce but they are too expensive in my opinion.
h0m3sy
02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
I know MB has this car listed at £349.99, but, does anyone really know what the rrp will be? Surely it can't be as much as that for a 2wd :confused:
Windy
02-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Was seriously going to buy one of these cars, but £350ish for the kit alone is way out of my budget. If it was around the £250ish mark i would buy one and sure more people would.
The car will be good but those x-gear springs at £8 a pair things start to get pricey.
I will keep my ears to the ground though to see how they go over the winter, but like earlier posts havesaid there will be RB5's coming up for sale soon with vega's and maybe the odd DB1 as people buy this new car. Some people might get some good deals.
mikeyscott
02-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Like my LWB Vega that's going up for sale :)
But that's cause I run a DB1 at the mo :)
xfactor
02-08-2012, 09:43 PM
I have to agree with the guys the price of 350 if it is 350 is just to much for a 2wd 1/10 buggy kit when you look at the top spec 4wd kyosho lazer fs2 sp is 389.99 what will the next 4wd 1/10 buggy be when it comes out as kyosho will be working on one sooner or later 500 plus ??
bally
02-08-2012, 09:50 PM
I know MB has this car listed at £349.99, but, does anyone really know what the rrp will be? Surely it can't be as much as that for a 2wd :confused:
Kyosho UK do not supply us with a RRP list, but if they did the kit would be around £395 :(
h0m3sy
02-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Kyosho UK do not supply us with a RRP list, but if they did the kit would be around £395 :(
I just hope this dosen't start a precident for other manufacturers to start upping their prices. Kyosho=Kwality but I may have to give this car a miss :(
Dudders
02-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Heard nearer the £400 Mark myself today from Apex Models.
h0m3sy
02-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Part of the reason I gave up TC racing was because of the spiralling costs involved, looks like off road is going the same way sadly.
Dudders
02-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Deffo not, majority of 2wd are under £230, most under £200.
If you can't spend that much don't. Having the latest car won't make you a work beater. Look at Bloomers at the Euro's.
h0m3sy
02-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Just fancied having a go with the new Kyosho, the only cars I've ever driven were Kyosho then Schumacher.I parted company with Schumacher today so was pleased to see this new car from Kyosho being announced, never expected that price tag though, will wait till the reviews come out then make my mind up. As previously mentioned on here, there will be a raft of second hand RB5's coming up for sale, might just go with one of them for now. :thumbsup:
knighthawk
03-08-2012, 04:20 PM
JE Spares are now taking Pre-Orders @£369.99
Prices seem to be going up and up
These are now appoarching 8th Scale Prices
mikeyscott
03-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Oops might just order one to go with Vega and DB1 ;)
h0m3sy
03-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Oops might just order one to go with Vega and DB1 ;)
Ah no! Thought I might get another bargain off you Mike ;):thumbsup:
mikeyscott
03-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Ah no! Thought I might get another bargain off you Mike ;):thumbsup:
Yes you did well with my SV that I wish I'd kept
martgifford
03-08-2012, 11:34 PM
JE Spares are now taking Pre-Orders @£369.99
Prices seem to be going up and up
These are now appoarching 8th Scale Prices
I was a little gutted buying an RB5 just a day before the RB6 came out (to build a DB1). The price though looks super expensive. You could buy a Losi 22 and a Dex210 or a cougar SV and be roughly the same price.
arransmith27
04-08-2012, 07:11 AM
looks like a lovely car, but way too expensive. :thumbdown:
Hobie
04-08-2012, 07:31 AM
I am sorry but what about the price of a Vega, a DB1 or even a Centro ? 400, to 500 euros if you combine the original kit + the conversion ! So what is the problem with the RB6 retail price ?
SimonW
04-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Anybody else noticed the 1 piece alloy top caps on the shocks?
mikeyscott
04-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Anybody else noticed the 1 piece alloy top caps on the shocks?
Yup
Supposed to improve reaction speed which will be good.
Chris-S
04-08-2012, 08:14 AM
JE Spares are now taking Pre-Orders @£369.99
Prices seem to be going up and up
These are now appoarching 8th Scale Prices
Their 8th scale is quite a bit more expensive compared to the competition!
Kyosho MP9 = £640
Mugen MBX6 = £430
arransmith27
04-08-2012, 08:45 AM
I am sorry but what about the price of a Vega, a DB1 or even a Centro ? 400, to 500 euros if you combine the original kit + the conversion ! So what is the problem with the RB6 retail price ?
we're probably not all as minted as you.
IMO (and a lot of others seem to agree) , 350 quid for a 2wd car is serious money
As much as i like the look of it, i'll be sticking with the x6
I am sorry but what about the price of a Vega, a DB1 or even a Centro ? 400, to 500 euros if you combine the original kit + the conversion ! So what is the problem with the RB6 retail price ?
The problem in my opinion is that you can get a Dex210 or Cougar SV2 for just about half the price. Whilst the Kyosho is sure to be a good car, I can't see it being so revolutionary that it justifies spending an extra £200 over the others I mention.
Briangb
04-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I am sorry but what about the price of a Vega, a DB1 or even a Centro ? 400, to 500 euros if you combine the original kit + the conversion ! So what is the problem with the RB6 retail price ?
At last someone sees the point. While we can all have an opinion on what we feel the retail price should be, it is ,after all, only an opion!
Many of the comments seem to be from non Kyosho owners. Fine.
We all race to a budget, just like F1. It is just that some have bigger budgets than others. Me. Well. Currently if you cut me in half, it would say Kyosho all the way through, with a big bit of Rudebits added. Don't get me wrong, I have no commercial interest here. I am an RC and Technology fan, so appreciate well engineered kit. Do I have a ZX5-FS2? Yes.Do I have an MP9? Yes. Do I have an RB5 Vega.? Yes. Do i have a DB-1? Damn right I do. Will I be selling the DB-1 or Vega? Most definitely not. Will I be buying an RB6? Probably not. Not because I cannot. Just don't need one. Like everything in life. You pay your money and take your choice. Oh and by the way (Roger), I am currently considering the purchase of an Audi. Much prefer it to the Kia. Nothing to do with price. Just prefer it, the same way I prefer Kyosho to any others. I will happily pay the price if I want it.
Si Coe
04-08-2012, 10:29 AM
The thing about conversions like the Vega, Centro, DB1 or best example of all the original X6 is that the real cost can be (slightly) hidden by buying in stages (donor then conversion). In fact, the original theory behind the X6 was that you already had the B4 you were going to convert, or at least got a cheap used car. It was only when people started buying mint FT's that the cost skyrocketed.
But thats the irony here. An X6^2 complete car is £300, and converting an FT even more. For years X-Factory dominated 2wd, the X6 was THE car to have, and yet now you can get and compete with £200 Durangos, Schumachers and Losi's.
Just because the latest 'must have' car is pricy doesn't actually mean all 2wds will shoot up in price. Incidentally the X6 remains competitive against the whole crop of current 2wds, so its unlikely the RB6 will make your cheaper 210s, SV2s or 22s obsolete either.
TARTMAN
04-08-2012, 10:46 AM
The new RB6 looks great. But at the rrp around £350 to £400, its to pricey imho...........
Kyosho, as always, make awsome cars, strong, fast, handle well etc etc. But they do come at a premium.
There is plenty of choice, the SV2, 22, 210 201 etc etc, then the db1/vega/centro etc etc.....
Its all a matter of choice, and we make the choice to suit our budget, needs, desires and the like......
I desire a DB1, and the RB6....... but my budget needs me to stick with the 22..............
I am looking forward to seeing how this RB6 performes against the DB1 in similar hands thou. the top boys and the rest of us.
Althou, i do have 2 x 22's, so maybe selling them both and getting a RB6 might be an option........... hmmmmmmmm:confused:
mikeyscott
04-08-2012, 10:49 AM
.
Althou, i do have 2 x 22's, so maybe selling them both and getting a RB6 might be an option........... hmmmmmmmm:confused:
That would be my plan dude
Think I'll wait until see one on the track - might be rubbish:p:p
No problem with a £350 kit if it does not need huge amounts spent on it to get it running competitively.
Rob
Does it come with ali hinge pin holders?
mikeyscott
05-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Think I'll wait until see one on the track - might be rubbish:p:p
No problem with a £350 kit if it does not need huge amounts spent on it to get it running competitively.
Rob
Yup and there will be a few at TORCH.
Awesome result for db1 yesterday, let's not forget that either
DaSloth
05-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Does it come with ali hinge pin holders?
Looking at the rear suspension shots, the back holder appears to be plastic. not ure about the front one though.
steveproracing
09-08-2012, 04:19 PM
is it just me or is this car produced and designed by the same company that produced the tlr22?
its just like a 22 with allthe problematic bits sorted. just look how all the parts fit together. how all ythe parts are shaped. it must be the same design team!!
1 question though
Tlr22........£190
Rb6 £350-400
why so much extra?????:thumbdown::thumbdown:
Naushad
09-08-2012, 04:30 PM
My thoughts exactly!
is it just me or is this car produced and designed by the same company that produced the tlr22?
its just like a 22 with allthe problematic bits sorted. just look how all the parts fit together. how all ythe parts are shaped. it must be the same design team!!
1 question though
Tlr22........£190
Rb6 £350-400
why so much extra?????:thumbdown::thumbdown:
mikeyscott
09-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Bothered about the price, don't buy one. Market has plenty of options.
MikePimlott
09-08-2012, 05:14 PM
is it just me or is this car produced and designed by the same company that produced the tlr22?
Teabag must have liked the 22, he made kyosho make one :woot:
It does look very similar to a Losi 22.
But knowing kyosho it will probably last twice as long as a 22, thats why its twice as much :woot:
Moose
09-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Nobody has the car jet, talked to a team driver this week and he just told me he has no idea what the car will be like, this is a very good description :) It might be car better than other cars but might aswell be not.
discothesnake
09-08-2012, 06:58 PM
The VAT on £300 alone would be £60, then import around £9 "if" it had not been factored in, it will work out cheaper in the long run for anyone looking at getting one to source from one of the UK outlets when it arrives...
I bought a B-max4 II from Japan last year. The car was £270, postage was £54 and Import tax was £70! Buying from Japan is mental.
I would Definetly wait for UK suppliers to have stock.
andys
09-08-2012, 07:59 PM
is it just me or is this car produced and designed by the same company that produced the tlr22?
its just like a 22 with allthe problematic bits sorted. just look how all the parts fit together. how all ythe parts are shaped. it must be the same design team!!
1 question though
Tlr22........£190
Rb6 £350-400
why so much extra?????:thumbdown::thumbdown:
Good point Steve.
I do question all the people who say Kyosho is 'higher quality'
Most modern kits seem well engineered / designed - breaking a part for me is a rareity these days.
Also - I'm told by reliable sources that the same company / companies make most of the cars these days anyway - wouldn't be surprised if the Kyosho parts are made in the same factory as other kits parts....
Anyway - it's too expensive - Kyosho fans will buy it - but I for one won't on principle as I don't see the value in it for the cost over say a Durango 210.
knighthawk
09-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Good point Steve.
I do question all the people who say Kyosho is 'higher quality'
Most modern kits seem well engineered / designed - breaking a part for me is a rareity these days.
Also - I'm told be reliable sources that the same company / companies make most of the cars these days anyway - wouldn't be surprised if the Kyosho parts are made in the same factory as other kits parts....
Anyway - it's too expensive - Kyosho fans will buy it - but I for one won't on principle as I don't see the value in it for the cost over say a Durango 210.
+1
I like the look of the car and the concept
The price is a major no no, even if i was a fan of Kyosho
mikeyscott
09-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Ok I know it's 4WD, but how much was the Durango 410 when it first landed, close to £500?
I think what people are missing it's a buyers market with cars across the range that cater for all people. Like many things, pay your money take your choice.
Watches asio to Omega, both do the same.
Cars - Hyundia to Porsche, both do the same.
Home Appliances - Candy appliances - Miele, both do the same.
Seat, VW, Audi, Skoda, all come out of similar factories..
Pay your money and take the choice and having choice is great.
Do people get all grumpy and jealous when a Porsche parks up, no? Or when you visit and fantastic nice property, no?
If you do, then you've got a few issues... :p
Would i have a DEX210 for £200, err absolutely not, would rather race my Losi XXCR
andys
09-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Ok I know it's 4WD, but how much was the Durango 410 when it first landed, close to £500?
Choice is great - yes :)
Durango - ok, but the latest 410 V3 is almost half the price of the original 410... ok it has more plastic, but the general trend of products like RC cars and most products these days is for prices to drop - not go through the roof. The RB6 looks mainly plastic too...
RC has become much cheaper over the years - MB are selling the latest Core RC lipos for a shade of £30, 2.4 radio sets - I bought one for £39 !
People are simply questioning why the silly price for the car - Who's pocketing the cash :) - that's all - especially seen as it looks suspiciously like the Losi 22....
MattW
09-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Regarding cost, it will probably depend on where it is manufactured.
I think in principle, Andy makes a valid point that many RC manufactures sometimes use similar / the same manufactures in the far east - however, it's near impossible for the end consumer to know what is and isn't. Also, some of them don't.
Kyosho are a Japanese brand, so if they have some / many parts manufactured in Japen, then the costs here are significantly higher than China for example. This would be their choice, but it's potentially a gamble they take, as it forces up the kit price, and some potential customers would be put off by high prices. As an example, I believe this is a scenario that Yokomo have, and hence why their kits would be silly money were they to be available through the official UK distribution routes.
oosh123
10-08-2012, 01:13 AM
I am from Vancouver, Canada.
I would like to ask why it is so expensive (350 pounds) in your area. amainhobbies is selling it for $450 USD from the US. That's 290 pounds.
If your area is really 350 pounds then that's $550 USD.
Also, after looking through the manual, and if you already have a RB5 SP2 or WC. You only need to spend money on parts that are numbered UM700-729 (depending which setup you want, midship or rear motor mount, you can omit some parts) + Body + Wing + Decal + UM561 (Hing pins for RT5/SC-R) to upgrade your RB5 to a RB6. Kyosho just changed the layout of the RB5 and kept all the essentials. Ordering those RB6 parts from RC Champ will cost about $230USD.
So, you don't really have to spend upwards of $550 USD for the brand new kit. But if you want the new box and manual plus all the left over plastics from the kit, by all means buy the brand new kit.
Darren Boyle
10-08-2012, 10:37 AM
I am from Vancouver, Canada.
I would like to ask why it is so expensive (350 pounds) in your area. amainhobbies is selling it for $450 USD from the US. That's 290 pounds.
If your area is really 350 pounds then that's $550 USD.
Dont forget to add UK VAT (20%) to your calculations plus a possible import duty of around 3%, makes your £290 become £358 and that is only if you compare the "banks" exchange rate today of 1.58, real time transactions between buinsess are taking place at more like 1.52 at present.....
A kit purchased today (should they be avialable) at that price would be approx £365 before any shipping costs or delivery surcharges are added
The Chef
10-08-2012, 11:16 AM
The price is the price. Buy it don't buy it. I'm in the states at the moment and Losi stuff is the same price as it is in the UK, Go Figure.
Yes you can buy a 2.4 system for £39 you can also buy one for £399 and there is no shortage of those out there using the £399 system.
There is a big price difference between the Kyosho and other kits but you do get what you pay for. For example, I replace my out drives and and drive shafts once every 8 months where as the guy I go racing with most weekends replaces his every 6-8 weeks on his buggy. Diff plates never wear out, diffs stay smooth for ages. That is not to say that they are maintenance free but the components last much longer. I wouldn't run anything else now.
I also think that the parts are made in the Japanese factory although I could be wrong.
If all you have to post on the thread that it is too expensive then is it worth posting.
As it says on the box "The Finest Radio Controlled Models".
Raphalite
13-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Now listed and downloadable within the support section on Kyosho's Europes website is the manual, set up sheet and parts lists which collectively have given me hours of fun.
http://www.kyosho.com/eng/support/instructionmanual/buggy/buggy_index.html
Keen to understand anyones views on the ideal battery configuration for a midship set up. Having seen Tebos set up where he'd cut off the WTS section on his Orion battery, my feeling is that a Short Lipo will be the set up off choice.
Dead excited about the release of this car, I have been seeking a 10th offroad 2WD weapon for six months and I think my pondering is all but complete.
coleman758
13-08-2012, 01:13 PM
People pay more money for quality products!
if they didn't we would all be driving mad monkeys!
I've just bought a DB1, its not cheap by any means. But i'm a firm believer you get what you pay for.
I guess time will tell, But the RB6 will have to be some quality to pull off the £360 price tag.
Lonestar
13-08-2012, 01:47 PM
the price discussion is not uninteresting...
there's the cost of the RB6 in isolation, and then its impact in the category.
In isolation, it's simple - it's expensive, if you like it and you can buy it go ahead, if you don't then don't. On most full-scall tracks a well driven elise will be just as fast as the biggest porsche for a fraction of the price. I'd rather own the porsche though, but if I can't I don't diss the german car for being expensive.
In the category - the pricing of the kyosho would be worrying and scandalous if kyosho were price setters in the class, in which case everyone would price up. The day when AE jacks up the B4 price by 50%, then I'll be worried. for the moment, Kyosho is already priced way into the upper tier, any car they sell - they don't have enough pull on the market to drive prices by themselves :)
Net - if any mechanical "sport", if you want to race competitively there's a cost. The trick is to not spend way beyond either (a) your skill level as there's a point of diminishing returns in the cost of that last tenth of second and (b) your personal budget as you (and your family) don't want to be left eating (raw) potatoes for the rest of the year!
As far as I'm concerned, some wise friend of mine noticed when I was getting all aroused about that car that the RB6 doesn't have the critical droop screws like the DEX does... so he just saved me a lot of money ;)
Paul
Lonestar
13-08-2012, 01:50 PM
On another note, I though TD had patented the 3/4 gear modulable transmission architecture??? :confused: Is Kyosho not infringing patterns here?
Paul
Andyp
13-08-2012, 01:58 PM
On another note, I though TD had patented the 3/4 gear modulable transmission architecture??? :confused: Is Kyosho not infringing patterns here?
Paul
No expert on these sort of things but I think the TD's patent is for the rm3,rm4,mm3 and mm4 to be able to be used with the same gearbox housing.
Kyosho, like losi use a separate housing for different config's
coleman758
13-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Corrcet, The RB6 uses two different boxes, Much like the 22?? :woot:
Lonestar
13-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Corrcet, The RB6 uses two different boxes, Much like the 22?? :woot:
ok got it . thanks for clearing things up :thumbsup:
Editable setup sheet available on petit if anyone interested.
andys
14-08-2012, 09:53 PM
the price discussion is not uninteresting...
In the category - the pricing of the kyosho would be worrying and scandalous if kyosho were price setters in the class, in which case everyone would price up. The day when AE jacks up the B4 price by 50%, then I'll be worried. for the moment, Kyosho is already priced way into the upper tier, any car they sell - they don't have enough pull on the market to drive prices by themselves :)
Paul
Great point - and well made. This is exactly what worries me - and why I said I wouldn't buy one out of principle - as the price is too high.
What's worrying - is enough people thinks its worth it (I for one do not at all and as a ex Kyosho owner - I believe anyone saying the kits are higher quality is deluded... ) will inevitably lead to other manufacturers charging more for their kits. Food for thought.
I for one think we should send a message to Kyosho - and the RC manufacturers who will be watching this over priced kit closely - and leave them on the shelves :)
AndyG
14-08-2012, 10:13 PM
http://www.tootingpopularfront.com/citizensmith.jpg
Go Shilly ! POWER TO THE PEOPLE !! :thumbsup:
andys
15-08-2012, 04:06 PM
http://www.tootingpopularfront.com/citizensmith.jpg
Go Shilly ! POWER TO THE PEOPLE !! :thumbsup:
Nice :)
tyreman
15-08-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't see the problem with the price, With the exception of the Durango 210, Cougar svr/sv2 and Losi 22 all around the £200 mark, all of the other mid motor cars are around the £350+ mark.
Centro C4.1 - B4.1 £190 + £160 for the conversion
Vega - donor (RB5,TRF201,B4.1) price £190-£279 + £210 for the conversion
DB01 - Lazer £399 + RB5 £279 + £200 for the conversion
People have happly payed for for the above cars so i don't see where the arguement is comming from??
andys
15-08-2012, 05:26 PM
I don't see the problem with the price, With the exception of the Durango 210, Cougar svr/sv2 and Losi 22 all around the £200 mark, all of the other mid motor cars are around the £350+ mark.
Centro C4.1 - B4.1 £190 + £160 for the conversion
Vega - donor (RB5,TRF201,B4.1) price £190-£279 + £210 for the conversion
DB01 - Lazer £399 + RB5 £279 + £200 for the conversion
People have happly payed for for the above cars so i don't see where the arguement is comming from??
Your missing the point mate - the conversions don't come into the equation as generally they are made by small specialist companies with significant costs in getting the product to market. Also - it's kind of like buying 2 kits.
Conversion sales will probably slow down - with the release of so many new kits that meet the needs / gaps in the market that the conversions filled...
Kyosho is a MAJOR player in the hobby market - so it's of concern that the pricing is so high when it's just one car - from one manufacturer - in one box.
mikeyscott
15-08-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't see the problem with the price, With the exception of the Durango 210, Cougar svr/sv2 and Losi 22 all around the £200 mark, all of the other mid motor cars are around the £350+ mark.
Centro C4.1 - B4.1 £190 + £160 for the conversion
Vega - donor (RB5,TRF201,B4.1) price £190-£279 + £210 for the conversion
DB01 - Lazer £399 + RB5 £279 + £200 for the conversion
People have happly payed for for the above cars so i don't see where the arguement is comming from??
I have to say I agree with Brian here
hotrodchris
15-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Why all the fuss over the price you either want and can afford one or not it's up to the individual isn't it?
If you want a real sports car and have the money you might buy a Bugatti or Ferrari, if you haven't got the money does that mean that they are over priced?
No you buy what your budget will stretch to.
Adam F
15-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Havent you people got anything better to do?
If you are willing to pay - buy one.
If you are not - don't!!!
andys
15-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Havent you people got anything better to do?
If you are willing to pay - buy one.
If you are not - don't!!!
Yep plenty of better stuff to do, i'm actually working on my computer now - and probably most of the night, just happen to have oOple open too - do you have anything better to do :)
I'm not one for arguing on Forums - the early posts were questioning the price - I too am questioning the price, that's all. I don't think the people who argue the 'buy it if you can afford it' card actually understand the key point made by an earlier post :
If a single - one box 2WD kit gains momentum in the UK, it could (in theory) push up the price of all other kits as other manufacturers see that we are prepared to pay more for our toys. That's all.
No more posts from me on this - as - seriously, i've got work to do !
Adam F
15-08-2012, 06:14 PM
do you have anything better to do :)
In a word... no...
A big part of the pricing will be down to the strength of the Yen, the same has happened in the motorcycle industry with the big four manufacturers..
I don't think Kyosho are trying to push the prices up, I think they are forced to set prices higher than they would like..
With any product, you always benchmark the competition and price accordingly, thats if of course your margin structure allows..
Just wait till Chinese magnet prices start effecting brushless motors... then it really will be worth moaning about :cry:
Raphalite
25-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Has anyone like me pre ordered and getting juiced up about the forthcoming build?
Planning my future instal, Orion R10, 7.5t Orion motor and 5500 saddles, although torn between these and the shorty pack, which is currently on back order at Orion. Also blew the budget with a KO RSXone 10 servo, as I figured would give me a little more space should I choose to use std. Length Lipos.
Fingers crossed it lands before Xmas!
The Chef
04-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Do we have a firm date yet?
Dudders
04-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Only if you're going Dutch? Cinema and Pizza? :woot:
woOdy
05-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Hi guys,
JE Models are having a limited stock delivery being sent today and should get them Friday hopefully :woot:
InsideLineModels
05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Do we have a firm date yet?
Ive just heard that the RB6 has made is to the distributors! We expect to receive our lot early next week (im told its unlikely this week) along with other shops that have them on order.
Our back orders will go out as soon as they arrive. We have a few left for anyone interested :)
Kev Lee
The Chef
05-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Cool thank you.
tisher
05-09-2012, 04:49 PM
I don't think I will be getting one I can not see anything in the design that will make the car any quicker than the rest.. unfortunately for kyosho in my opinion typicaly a little to late :yawn:now if they had gone for a db1 design for that money I would have had one:D
coleman758
05-09-2012, 06:30 PM
I read that the black alloy steering pieces are prototype parts and the production version will be composit plastic. Bit of a let down I think
Can someone confirm that?
tomtom
05-09-2012, 06:48 PM
I read that the black alloy steering pieces are prototype parts and the production version will be composit plastic. Bit of a let down I think
Can someone confirm that?
Yep Col.
As every Kyosho manual you can view all the plastic parts at the beginning just before proper building instruction and on the RB6 manual page 10 you can find steering parts.
lordnikon
05-09-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm genuinely interested in one but i will be pretty pissssed off if i have to spend another 60-100 quid on hop ups etc.
Having never owned a Kyosho can any current other kyosho owners put my fears to rest that they are pretty robust out of the box ??
I read that the black alloy steering pieces are prototype parts and the production version will be composit plastic. Bit of a let down I think
Can someone confirm that?
also that they dont come with ali hingpin holders
jonathan may
05-09-2012, 07:31 PM
bit of a joke in my eyes for a car of that price.
The Chef
05-09-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm a little dissapointed that all the release pictures have alloy steering rack and assembly but plastic on release. I guess we get used to it.
However it would appear that the front and rear hing pin holders are not used off of the plastic spur so let's hope that they are alloy.
Don't buy one then. Let's not rip into a car that's not even out yet
Don't buy one then. Let's not rip into a car that's not even out yet
:bored: its a forum for talking about what we want
The Chef
05-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Don't buy one then. Let's not rip into a car that's not even out yet
Really? It was a comment I'll be getting mine Friday or monday, it was an observation.
coleman758
05-09-2012, 08:05 PM
We are not ripping into it, I guess time will tell!
The Chef
05-09-2012, 08:21 PM
We are not ripping into it,
I'm simply saying the pictures are quite misleading, they make a point of photographing the alloy steering parts. That are not even included?!?
I would imageine they will be an option costing £££
And no alloy hinge pin holders?
What's do you actually get for £360?
I bought an FS2 SP for my DB1 conversion, that's got all the alloy?
And it's the same price??
For me the £360 price tags is not a problem, but it has to be worth it.
I agree the price is not an issue if it is a good car. I think it comes with alloy hing pin holders as it shows the plastic parts not being used. In the manual. Let's see what turns up. I'm quite excited regardless.
have you got a link to the manual,or just direct me:lol:
InsideLineModels
05-09-2012, 08:32 PM
The manual is here along with a few other useful documents
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/SetupSheetsKyoshoUltimaRB6.html
I have uploaded the new RB6 spares and prices to our website tonight (unfortunately no pictures yet) if anyones interested. They should all arrive with the kits!
RB6 Spares (http://www.the-pred.co.uk/zencart/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=um7)
Kev
I agree the price is not an issue if it is a good car. I think it comes with alloy hing pin holders as it shows the plastic parts not being used.
i think its telling you to use the wide plastic hanger and not the narrow,or the other way round
njc11
05-09-2012, 08:53 PM
As far as I'm aware the bell cranks will be of the harder material which the now use on the FS2SP AND RB5SP2WC...
Also the rear hinge pin holders are of a similar material.
The ally hinge pin holders are not in the kit but from what I can see are the same options you would use on an RB5
I will confirm this once the kit arrives.
We will be getting a huge stock of spares in the same delivery as the kits and these will all be available once we've sorted everything out.. We have a lot of back orders for kits and spares to fulfill so bare with us
:)
Cheers
Nick
Just read this thread and find it a little annoying tbh. All these comments I perceive to be a little snobby, "buy it if you can afford it, don't if you can't" or comparisons with Porsche vs Skoda type scenarios to justify the price... :thumbdown:
It's not about if you can afford it one bit, it's about value for money. Will the car come with parts of such high quality that it justifies being nearly double what a 210 cost? No. Will it knock 3 seconds a lap off a club drivers times to turn him from a D finalist to an A finalist? No. So what defines it and justifies the price? In MY OPINION - nothing. And that's why I won't be buying one, nothing to do with whether I can afford it.
I owned an RB5 SP and a Lazer FS2 SP so appreciate that they are good cars, but have also owned Durango, Schumacher and Xray and don't see this extra quality of parts that people talk of to justify such a big price difference. That takes me back to the 1:1 car comparisons... In the examples given there are clear differences in terms of quality of manufacture and components used. The difference is night and day. Therefore the price difference is just. With the Kyosho vs the other big name brands then this gulf in class in terms of quality just doesn't exist in MY OPINION. And that's why I won't be buying one.
I do agree with an earlier comment that said for that kind of money Kyosho should be rolling out something as revolutionary as the DB1, not just another run of the mill mid motor car. If the RB6 was like the DB1 then I might just buy one myself. As it is, not a chance.
Good luck to those who do, but in MY OPINION it is poor value for money....
njc11
05-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Why are people already slating the car before it's even hit the shelves?
Surely this car will have its many fans as do all the other models available?
DB1 is unique in its own way, just as the RB6... Some people will love and some will hate!
Let the cars do the talking I'd say
:)
I'm not slating it mate, I expect it to be a great car just like all other Kyosho's. If it was £250 I'd probably buy one, at £350 plus then even though I can afford one I won't buy one as it doesn't justify being so much more then the competition.
RogerM
06-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Sadly the price is going to be down to exchange rates, taxes and duty ... look at the prices of other products MADE IN JAPAN not just Janpanese companies shipping stuff from Chian under their brand, not just RC but in every sector.
As for the quality, or indeed percieved quality, compared to other brands I have to say to me it is VERY noticiable. I've taken stuff off my Kyosho cars after LOTs of running for being worn out where as I've seen MORE slop in brand new assemblies from other manufactures (not going to bitch about specific ones but considering some of them have MANY world championships to their name I'm suprised at the lack of quality in fit & finish)
The RB6 won't be a car for everybody, in the same way as people said exactly the same things price wise about the original DEX410 and the Predators back in the T-tech days.
What I like is the huge value for money I get from Kyosho in as much as I bet in 2 seasons time I will still be running my RB6 with 90% of the original kit components like I've done my RB5 & ZX5. I'd rather pay once at the begining than put new bits on every few weeks because of wear & tear.
In my opinion the fact that I throw my Kyosho cars on a shelf at the end of one meeting and then do nothing at all to them, ok may be a diff rebuild twice a year, hardly even cleaning them before the next meeting saves me huge amounts of money when I add up the value in terms of my time.
If I did add up my value at my typical hourly rate and then translate that to the amount of effort some of the other manfactures cars would require to keep running as well as the Kyosho cars do with no effort every meeting would cost me about £75 more than they do!
That sort of quality, to me at least, is priceless.
As Nick says let the car speak for itself, I bet it will be a beauty to drive. But as Skye correctly says no chassis, not even a Kyosho, drives itself :)
I bet in 2 seasons time I will still be running my RB6 with 90% of the original kit components like I've done my RB5 & ZX5.
But that's not the case, is it?
The RB5 is a dead car, surpassed by the SP or worlds spec car. The zx5 was surpassed by the SP, the FS and the FS2.
By the time my zx5 had become a FS there was nothing left of the original car. Nothing. It was shelved shortly after and replaced with a (now 3 year old and still mostly original) B44.
werner1619
06-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Anyone have one yet?
Please post some pics
Here is some pictures of the car...
http://www.davidronnefalk.com/index.php/2011-10-27-20-26-04/ultima-rb6-gallery
RogerM
06-09-2012, 08:53 PM
But that's not the case, is it?
I can assure you that my original 2007 RB5 was run in original configuration (long shocks and all) with the exception of going to the LA243 rear wishbones (does that make me the first person to put the axle spacer inside the hub on UM510 driveshafts like the current FS2???).
When I released the Scorpion conversion this was built from that car, still got the original diff out drives, shafts and more or less complete front end, shocks etc on it as she sits in front of me now!
My previous Lazer was a ZX5 converted to an SP with the conversion kit and run like that for about 16 months, updated to an FS with the next conversion kit and run like that for 2 years! That car still has the original transmission gears from the ZX5 kit in (apart from the one-way crown wheel which failed after a hurried rebuild at a wet event).
I did buy a new RB5-sp2 and a new FS2-sp kit last year but that was purely because I felt like "fresh" cars for this season, my old cars are still used when I go indoors on carpet at club and will for some time (mainly because I have them set up specifically for flat carpet with no jumps)!
I'd say they have done well wouldn't you? Durable cars Kyosho:D
That looks like such a nice car.
Best quality seems Fantastic!.
discothesnake
07-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Here is some pictures of the car...
http://www.davidronnefalk.com/index.php/2011-10-27-20-26-04/ultima-rb6-gallery
Does look very nice. i must admit.
dave
The Chef
07-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Did anyone get there's today?
DaSloth
07-09-2012, 07:14 PM
No they didnt, all Deliveries should be received by shops on Monday.
njc11
07-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Someone did!! :mad:
InsideLineModels
07-09-2012, 07:52 PM
I guess you've seen my facebook page Nick? I've just got back from picking up one of the couple of team cars that have been sent a couple of days in advance of the stock going out to all shops (including mine).
I'll be starting the build on Sunday as I have family commitments this weekend but if anyone want to see some pictures of the build unfolding keep and eye on our Inside Line Racing group on Sunday. If you are not already a member, feel free to join :)
The Chef
07-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Who did?
sime46
07-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Kev did. You not reading this?
The Chef
07-09-2012, 09:19 PM
I ment non team drivers. And yes I have been reading this.
chuckie stella
07-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Someone did!! :mad:
UK Top Driver not meant to get his early!?!?
njc11
07-09-2012, 09:54 PM
I guess you've seen my facebook page Nick? I've just got back from picking up one of the couple of team cars that have been sent a couple of days in advance of the stock going out to all shops (including mine).
I'll be starting the build on Sunday as I have family commitments this weekend but if anyone want to see some pictures of the build unfolding keep and eye on our Inside Line Racing group on Sunday. If you are not already a member, feel free to join :)
Kev, you have a pm :)
Matt I wasn't referring to the likes of kev or Elliot...
Speak to kev, he'll tell you what I was on about :)
Cheers
Nick
chuckie stella
07-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Matt I wasn't referring to the likes of kev or Elliot...
Wasn't having a go, bud. I'm not 100% on deals but I though Elliot and Kev being Top UK K drivers would've had the car weeks ago thats all.
I should read more :blush:
Matt
njc11
07-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Wasn't having a go, bud. I'm not 100% on deals but I though Elliot and Kev being Top UK K drivers would've had the car weeks ago thats all.
I should read more :blush:
Matt
I know you weren't mate! :)
I would have thought they would have had them sometime ago myself...
There were rumours that some where on route but they never showed till now..
Well they will be all arriving next week, and will look forward to building mine as I'm sure others will! Can't wait to run it!:)
Cheers
Nick
:)
RogerM
08-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Gutted they didn't arrive for this weekend, not going to get chance to turn a wheel with mine until the 30th September now ... that seems like a lifetime away :cry:
GRIFF55
08-09-2012, 10:04 AM
That's how parts on your cars last so long Roger!! Lol
Like the look of this car
RogerM
08-09-2012, 04:17 PM
LOL .. might be right Griff, it's over 50 miles to the nearest "club meeting" for me :'(
JustARcFan
08-09-2012, 07:56 PM
No more love for the DB1? :woot:
LOL .. might be right Griff, it's over 50 miles to the nearest "club meeting" for me :'(
I have seen 3 of these cars today on the first day of the german nats!
The car loks better then on the picture! Very stabil, one of them hit the wall at the end of the straight and had no damages.
Two of them got their cars yesterday an still would be in the a if it´d stay like this:
http://ore-dm.de/tl_files/ore-dm_seite/Veranstaltung/RL_Rangliste_nach_Lauf_3.pdf
Kim Sitensky, Tim Bremicker and Christopher Krappare "the chosen ones" :p
if your intrested in the times, here´s the livetiming starting tomorrow morning at 9
http://www.rc-timing.de/V5355/Koengen_2WD_DM_201/
chuckie stella
09-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Have to say it looks really good down at torch today! :)
mikeyscott
09-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Have to say it looks really good down at torch today! :)
Just got off the ferry, may head down before I fall asleep to have a look.
So I imagine down there it's a Vega Vs DB1 Vs RB6 all from Kyosho stable??
Neil Skull
09-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Just to Clarify delivery!
The cars arrived in Europe Wednesday late morning! this was earlier than originally anticipated!!! we was going to get the first batch by sea freight meaning end of September! but due to many countries making urgent air shipments we did not want to lose out so got a limited number sent by air!
We wanted to get all the RB6 out on Wednesday but due to large volume of orders we decided we could not ship all together!! So we decided to hello and ship all on thursday, Apart from a limited number we got sent to our office for the team drivers.
We did however by mistake send 2 cars both pre-orderd to one shop.this order was from Tuesday and caught me out as i released it before i knew the RB6 had come in. So 2 lucky drivers got their cars early!
Fingers crossed all the others that was shipped will arrive Tommorow.
This kind of delivery is a big headache. we did not have enough cars to fufill all pre-orders so we had to manage that! and also we know the problems kits arriving at different times cause!
Still to me the fact people are chasing the kit's can only mean they are in high demand. I have seen one built and was very impressed! Its real nice car and i have no doubt it will perform!
I am sure they will be lots of happy customers next week!!
we did not have enough cars to fufill all pre-orders so we had to manage that!
Does that mean,if a shop is showing say,4 left out of 10 pre orders they wanted,they probably wont get them?
InsideLineModels
09-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Does that mean,if a shop is showing say,4 left out of 10 pre orders they wanted,they probably wont get them?
I don't think Neil is suggesting that. I know we have all our Kits on the way and I'm pretty sure that's the same for all shops that ordered them a month or so back.
We have a couple left from the batch arriving tomorrow.
If anyone wants to see some build pictures, I've posted a lot in our Facebook group today (not page). Very impressed :)
Kev
thanks kev,ill pop over and have a look :)
Have to say it looks really good down at torch today! :)
lets hope they post on here how they got on:)
DaSloth
09-09-2012, 07:04 PM
I bet Tony will have been there running it till it was dark! im sure he'll be on soon to let us know. :)
I have seen one built and was very impressed! Its real nice car and i have no doubt it will perform!
it did perform, Christopher Krapp reached the fourth at the german nats
saldy Kim and Kim had electirc problems, but i think three of three new car in the A is a good start!
InsideLineModels
10-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Our RB6 kits and spares have just arrived and are now loaded to the shop. There are a few rb6 spares that did not come, but it looks like the most important ones are there. I'm sure we'll get the remaining parts soon!
We have 1 kit left!
Don't forget to check out our Facebook group if you want to see some pictures of the build.
Kev Lee
RudeTony
10-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Our RB6 kits and spares have just arrived and are now loaded to the shop. There are a few rb6 spares that did not come, but it looks like the most important ones are there. I'm sure we'll get the remaining parts soon!
We have 1 kit left!
Don't forget to check out our Facebook group if you want to see some pictures of the build.
Kev Lee
I can't believe you sold all those kits already!
Link your facebook - not everyone knows it - LOL
RudeTony
10-09-2012, 11:03 AM
I went to TORCH Summer Series yesterday with the car and it was great out of the box - in the damp it had loads of steering and traction........ it was actually very quick in those conditions.
As the grip came up some set up changes had to be made (obviously) and the car was still on pace.
I have a set-up of what I ended up with if anyone wants it.
Of course its far from final as I changed the car every run more or less and this was its first outing.
To TQ round 4 sort of said it was OK though - LOL
Email me if you need this:
[email protected] (
[email protected])
RogerM
10-09-2012, 11:28 AM
No more love for the DB1? :woot:
Not at all mate. The DB1 is a brilliant car and I think it's going to be hard to get anythink as quick on the high grip surfaces that it was designed for.
I suspect the DB1 will still very much be the car to beat as we head into the indoor season.
I'm getting an RB6 because it's the latest Kyosho car and that means I should have one on the shelf at least :p
I went to TORCH Summer Series yesterday with the car and it was great out of the box - in the damp it had loads of steering and traction........ it was actually very quick in those conditions.
As the grip came up some set up changes had to be made (obviously) and the car was still on pace.
I have a set-up of what I ended up with if anyone wants it.
Of course its far from final as I changed the car every run more or less and this was its first outing.
To TQ round 4 sort of said it was OK though - LOL
Email me if you need this:
[email protected] (
[email protected])
Do you think its going to be a car that will need lots of setup changes every weekend,or just little tweaks once a base setup has been found,
also,not sure if its your car,but did you run with SB shocks?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.