PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation of attendance


dpackster1980
05-08-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm sick of wasting my fuel and time. I could've spent time with my son instead of sitting in a carpark waiting for no one to show. Thank you very much.

When a date gets put on Oople i want all people attending to post if they are coming. If no one bothers their backside to confirm I'm not bother my arse turning up.

This is the last straw and of this doesn't work then the club can go to hell!

chris68nufc
05-08-2012, 06:06 PM
I think that you are spot on for most of that post apart from the last sentence! Maybe you should edit it before you scare people off??!! There's loads of drivers in the northeast. Wonder where everybody is? Benfield has stopped aswell due to low numbers!

dpackster1980
05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I would edit it but I've had enough. I hope people take note, if I'm let down again that's it.

pgart1
05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
I was there just after 6:20 with my son & if it's posted as on next Sunday we'll be there.

AfroP
05-08-2012, 09:00 PM
I was there just after 6:20 with my son & if it's posted as on next Sunday we'll be there.

Wont be on next sunday as its the 4wd regional at batley
But should be on the following week

Andyp
05-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Don't you think people will be scared to put there name down ? Just incase something comes up last min and can't attend, then they get ranted at !!!, the last bit of the first post don't really make the club sound friendly !

As said before its a very busy month for the the racers that do nats and reigonal events, plus summer hols for others. Hopefully mid to late sept when the outdoor season comes to a close things will brighten up

They always seems new members coming along to have a look, hopfully they will join

Think the club has gotta hold on for a month or two, until then I cant see it being great attendance..... Hopfully I'm wrong tho

Steven Forster
06-08-2012, 12:18 AM
It took me a few months of driving past the youth centre before there were people racing and took a while before i found the NEAM website and oople to see what was happening, then the rest was down to ian sending me emails letting me know when the club was going to be running !!!

During the summer the regionals and nationals are on and during the winter worksop and chadderton are on aswell so with most of the drivers from the club attending them there wont be many people left to turn up to make it worth racing so its always gonna be hit and miss............:(

There are 2 problems here

1st is the funding for the youth centre, if it doesnt happen then we wont have a club to race at...........

Answer, find another venue preferably during the week !!!

2nd is while the youth centre is running then are we going to have enough members turning up and racing in a month to cover the rent ???

Answer, if nobody turns up then there wont be a club to race at, current venue or new venue !!!

:(:(:(

dpackster1980
06-08-2012, 06:33 AM
People will confirm if they are able to attend, if it doesn't happen I will not open up. It's costing me a fortune on fuel for wasted trips, wasting my time that I could've spent with my son and most of all the ear ache of the missus every week.

This is going to happen or I won't come up end of story!

jimmyfish
06-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Sounds like a very welcoming club!

AfroP
06-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Sounds like a very welcoming club!

it is actually a very welcoming and friendly club(when people turn up) with a good mix of new and experienced racers, and the more experienced guys are always happy to help out newbies like me.

but you can understand Dpacksters frustration I'm sure.
investing time and car juice in heading out to the club to open up for everybody only for nobody to turn up.
thats 45min round trip and plans for the evening ruined

the club used to run on a sunday afternoon to sunday evening and it was changed to nights to get the numbers up. this had a good turn out for a while but then once again numbers died off.
without clubs like seaham running we wont get new racers attracted to the hobby.

jimmyfish
06-08-2012, 03:22 PM
It could of been done a little bit more sensible, like...

"Guys would it be possible to confirm your attendence over the summer period as we are getting low numbers. We need atleast......... to open. Or shall we close over the summer as numbers are getting lower."

Just reading as a outsider, but not really a club i would attend tbh because of all the poor comments on these threads. Not doing yourselves any good.

People go away on day trips/holidays also want to enjoy the light nites. I can understand how frustrating it must be spending the time/fuel to go to a club which he must run and nobody turning up.

dpackster1980
06-08-2012, 06:42 PM
It is a very friendly club go banter good venue.

Unfortunately the lack of attendance is getting very frustrating and isn't fair on the people that turn in week in week out.

I love racing its relaxing and good fun but there needs to be a line drawn in the sand either support it or it'll disappear.

There's the potential of a grant that needs to be discussed at the AGM, but due to the current state of affairs I don't think its worth it unless things change dramatically.

We have the potential to introduce new people onto the hobby and promote the club. I'd like to do it but I can't see it at the minute.

chris68nufc
06-08-2012, 08:50 PM
David.....your like a split personality!! You were going to rap it in on your 1st post now your giving hugs out! Nice to see that you've cooled down!

It's always going to be hard running a club on any weekend day as in the summer theres loads going on. I'm dying to race more regular but with life itself I haven't had time, never mind the many outdoor meetings that there has been this year!

Does the club have a standard letter to send to new venues when it is looking for new places to race?

lazysurfer
09-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Agree with what you say dave. Lots of clubs struggling and failing because racers turn up occasionally when they feel like it rather than making an effort to get regularly and then wonder why the club is gone next time the fancy takes them. We've had some quiet Monday nights at TyneMet lately and a weekend attendance will always be worse affected by nice weather. That's why we said from the start we weren't racing bank hols. Best of luck if you decide to find another venue. We struggled like hell to get TyneMet. Everywhere is expensive but the biggest problem I found was getting somewhere that could provide storage! I just wish I could get a club forum on here to maybe help us! Jimmy said he'd set one up but still hasn't despite a few reminders :-(

lazysurfer
09-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Just a word of warning as well dave. People of knowing the club is def on WILL finish it off! From experience! When we kept gettin cancelled at benton at short notice numbers dropped massively. People with the option of another arrangement or a 50/50 possibility of the club being on WILL opt for the definite!

baD
09-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Agree with what you say dave. Lots of clubs struggling and failing because racers turn up occasionally when they feel like it rather than making an effort to get regularly and then wonder why the club is gone next time the fancy takes them. We've had some quiet Monday nights at TyneMet lately and a weekend attendance will always be worse affected by nice weather. That's why we said from the start we weren't racing bank hols. Best of luck if you decide to find another venue. We struggled like hell to get TyneMet. Everywhere is expensive but the biggest problem I found was getting somewhere that could provide storage! I just wish I could get a club forum on here to maybe help us! Jimmy said he'd set one up but still hasn't despite a few reminders :-(

How would you like your own club forum?

or maybe one for all the North East Clubs?

lazysurfer
13-08-2012, 07:55 AM
How would you like your own club forum?

or maybe one for all the North East Clubs?
That what I'm after Bill - like I said been asking Jimmy and he promised but never set it up. Looked all over the site but can't figure how to set one up - don't think you can set up your own.
Would just be easier for people to find us on here in clubtalk rather than just a thread in the North East section.
Hows tricks - haven't seen you in a while?

baD
13-08-2012, 05:24 PM
That what I'm after Bill - like I said been asking Jimmy and he promised but never set it up. Looked all over the site but can't figure how to set one up - don't think you can set up your own.
Would just be easier for people to find us on here in clubtalk rather than just a thread in the North East section.
Hows tricks - haven't seen you in a while?

I believe you are right - it needs Jimmy to set it up for you.
BUT that is not what I was talking about .......... I have a forum all set up ready, it comes up page1 Google if you search for RC Racing North East

Why not use this dedicated forum for ALL the North East Clubs to exchange info and air their views ..... and attract new racers?

Continue to use oople when you want to publish to the rest of the country.

lazysurfer
14-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Why has no-one mentioned this???
Cheers Bill - I'll hace a look. Take care mate.