View Full Version : LRP Sphere competition - Warrenty
Balders
12-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Morning all,
Friday night my Sphere Comp went pop big style, lots of smoke and flames. It was quite impressive, as was the cheer from all the guys at club... It happened at the end of a 5 minute race so I wasn't bashing around in the street or anything like that.
It appears to have over heated and causing it to short and melt down, the temp cut out didn't work properly. :cry:
I'm pretty sure then unit is un fixable but how do I stand on the warrenty? If I send it back even though the unit is about 3 years old (it was one of the first sphere comps), what are my odds on getting it replaced or fixed?
I'm thinking I'm going to have to chalk the speedo up to experience and move on with my life but it would be nice if I could get it 'fixed'. :)
What do you think guys?
(I'll post a pic of it in a bit)
Mike
Wraggy
12-05-2008, 10:34 AM
very good chance of getting it fixed if you still have the warranty card that is ??
LRP have lifetime warranty and i have had experience of sedning stuff back to them .
1st class service all the time so you should be ok .
but if you dont have warranty card you could be stuffed..
ashleyb4
12-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Send it back LRp are very good they proberly will send you a replacement as it sound slik eit might be beyond repair if it was on fire.
A
Balders
12-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Thank you, even in that state though? :blush:
Mike
Darren Boyle
12-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Just to clarify guys, the warranty card from LRP is supposed to be filled out and sent in to register your item when it is purchased and not "saved" until such time it is needed. Horizon ARE making some changes soon in this area and if a unit arrives back for return and the warranty card is not already registered it will not qualify for the warranty.
They are proposing setting a new rule soon that a customer will only get 28 days to register the warranty from the date on their purchase reciept, after that the warranty card will expire, be aware.
Mike Hudson
12-05-2008, 11:36 AM
If this rule comes into place what will people do that already have LRP esc's before this rule and havn't registered the warrenty card?
RogerM
12-05-2008, 11:37 AM
eeeekkkk .... BRB .... off to the post office :o
CAClark
12-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I should send my card in for my LRP ESC in that case, as it runs hot as buggery, and I wouldn't be surprised if it went up in flames!
Cheers!
Mike Hudson
12-05-2008, 12:09 PM
if it's running too hot then you will proberly have your motor geared too high or have the punch setting too high on your speedo
Southwell
12-05-2008, 12:26 PM
It will generally be cooling on days like yesterday!
super__dan
12-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Alright ace,
You've got nothing to lose by sending it back? I have heard of replacements coming back with some additional charge but I think that's only ever up to a max of 1/2 original price.
However, have you considered a Novak??? ;)
mole2k
01-06-2008, 02:46 PM
A few years back my car went up in flames and the lrp speedo got damaged, I sent it back and they replaced it for 1/2 the cost of a new one.
There was not any fault with the actual speedo itself, the fire came from the link wire of the saddles comming off shorting some cells and the wire heat up and ignited the insulation.
So send it back and see what they say :)
Chequered Flag Racing
02-06-2008, 11:06 AM
They are proposing setting a new rule soon that a customer will only get 28 days to register the warranty from the date on their purchase reciept, after that the warranty card will expire, be aware.
NOSRAM / will they be doing the same?
Darren Boyle
02-06-2008, 11:42 AM
We dont deal with Nosram (any longer) so cant tell you. We ALWAYS found that the turn around by Horizon with the LRP stuff was FAR superior so we always supported that version from them (LRP/Nosram that is)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.