PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho RB6 Exploded Diagram


jimmy
09-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Kyosho have released some more information on the soon-to-be-released Ultima RB6 2WD buggy in the form of an exploded diagram of the whole car!

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/rb6explodedx.jpg


Click the link here for the PDF version and take a close up look yourself: RB6 Exploded View (http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/rb6exploded.pdf)

jimmy
09-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Some gearbox details - different case for each motor position.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/rb6exploded2.jpg

Origineelreclamebord
10-08-2012, 08:12 AM
I think I'm really starting to like this RB6: It's hard naming clear examples, but I'll try:

I feel as if Kyosho tried to reduce the amount of faces from which there are screws to undo on disassembly. Also, for a guy like me who likes to be serious with gearbox rebuilds, I find a rib-free gear casing a saviour: This means I can do more thorough clean of the casing at the trackside, thus a better rebuild (imo). The body clip that can be reached easily even though it's in between the front shock tower, the fixed/incorporated hex piece on the front axle, clamp-style rear hexes as standard, a chassis layout that's no-nonsense... Nice! :thumbsup:

There only a few things I'm missing. First of all, where are the handy 'Durango-style' top mounts for the shocks? Secondly: I would've liked to see something more bulletproof/reassuring to stop the pin of the rear driveshafts from shooting off into space when you've used too little loctice :lol: Lastly: What's going on with the outside rear suspension pins? I've seen it on my Ultima SC as well, it's not really practical if you ask me (and though it's a small difference, kind of heavy too compared to the competitors' solutions)?

And now I just hope Kyosho will be clever enough to sell the extra bits needed for a full extra gearbox in a complete gearbox kit... So people won't buy 2 cars like with the DEX210 (because that's easier), but just an additional gearbox (though I can see that a second car means you won't be working to change setups or anything - but I wouldn't be able to afford it).

reg
10-08-2012, 08:19 AM
And now I just hope Kyosho will be clever enough to sell the extra bits needed for a full extra gearbox seperately... So people won't buy 2 cars like with the DEX210, just an additional gearbox.


Im sure some will,but at £720,i dont think many will:woot:

TARTMAN
10-08-2012, 09:09 AM
must say i thought i was looking at the diagram of my 22 for a minute....
chassis, gearbox, sidepods etc..... very familier....:confused:

Origineelreclamebord
10-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Im sure some will,but at £720,i dont think many will:woot:

Of the people I've seen with a 210 I think 25% of them has a second 210 - as a spares donor and second car :p

reg
10-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Of the people I've seen with a 210 I think 25% of them has a second 210 - as a spares donor and second car :p

I dont blame them at £180 each:thumbsup:

elvo
10-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Some gearbox details - different case for each motor position.





Different shock towers, wing mounts, suspension mounts, bulkheads as well.
Two rear ends, basically.

InsideLineModels
10-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Different shock towers, wing mounts, suspension mounts, bulkheads as well.
Two rear ends, basically.

No compromise :)

Welshy40
10-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Me likey :thumbsup:

The Chef
19-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Me likey :thumbsup:

Now all you have to do is Stick it in the Loft for another 25 years then you can drive it!!!

j0pp3
22-08-2012, 06:56 AM
Now all you have to do is Stick it in the Loft for another 25 years then you can drive it!!!

Hahahaha, true story. That's what I (vintage nerd) also have to do. And then in 2037 we get back to this thread with pics on our shiny N.I.B samples.