PDA

View Full Version : Track maintenance and practice Sunday 19th


DHB
14-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Due to the last regional at Watford this Sunday, the club will NOT be holding a race meeting. We are however holding a work party and practice for those who come to help. I believe Julian will be on site Sunday to organise the work. The club appreciates any help for what ever time you can give up for it.

Thanks TORCH Comittee

Stuweatherman
14-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Sunday the 19th not 18th??

DHB
14-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Sunday the 19th not 18th??


just testing:lol:

Sparky
14-08-2012, 04:36 PM
I was going to bring my son for a race this sunday. Would it still be possible to bring him down. We're both happy to help with any maintence required, just let us know what tools to bring.

Sparky.

dibble34
14-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Dan, what sort of thing as i am around, but can't do anything too manual

DHB
14-08-2012, 07:27 PM
I was going to bring my son for a race this sunday. Would it still be possible to bring him down. We're both happy to help with any maintence required, just let us know what tools to bring.

Sparky.


Hi,

Yeah bring him down, once workis done you are welcome to use track and get some practice in as long as you too. will post later in week if any tools that the club does not have are required.

Thanks

Dan

DHB
14-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Dan, what sort of thing as i am around, but can't do anything too manual


Officer Dibble,

All sorts to be done, as normal more hands make light work, but at the end of the day you know your limits so dont do anything that would cause you proplems mate.

Cheers

Dan

benl
14-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I'll be there I hope, I can bring my big brushcutter to clear some stuff if thats any help?

jaywestwood
15-08-2012, 01:33 PM
What time will this be happening? I cant make early doors but can come along and help out bit later on

hotrodchris
15-08-2012, 05:08 PM
It would be preferable if nothing was strimmed or brush cut as i intend to weed kill everything either Frid pm or sat am and cutting it down will then spread the seeds and not give a very expensive profesional weed killer time to work plus a waste of my time!
This will include the track area, race control, rostrum and car park/pitting areas.

dibble34
15-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Is all that rubbish still outside the cabin? I could take it up the dump Sunday if it is

DHB
16-08-2012, 07:23 AM
Is all that rubbish still outside the cabin? I could take it up the dump Sunday if it is

I have tidied it up and it's just being race control mate. Couldn't fit in my car with my gear. Think there is a bag in old race control, plus other rubbish probably. :)

dibble34
16-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Ok mate, I'll see what I can find :)

DHB
16-08-2012, 09:04 AM
What time will this be happening? I cant make early doors but can come along and help out bit later on

Hi Jay,

About 8.30 till 1 ish I should think. Then track open for practice.

Cheers

Dan

M.Andrews
17-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I have 9 spare tickets(free) for the British Moto Cross GP at Winchester(the company I work for has supplied copiers for them in exchange for tickets). I was thinking of going Sunday after the track maintenance has finished or 13:00. These tickets are £60 each and only 9 available(thought the commitee have 1st bagsey to say thanks for the work they do at the club,so first come first serve on Sunday morning.

mikeyscott
17-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I have 9 spare tickets(free) for the British Moto Cross GP at Winchester(the company I work for has supplied copiers for them in exchange for tickets). I was thinking of going Sunday after the track maintenance has finished or 13:00. These tickets are £60 each and only 9 available(thought the commitee have 1st bagsey to say thanks for the work they do at the club,so first come first serve on Sunday morning.

Many thanks Mark.

hotrodchris
17-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Gents
Just to make you aware spent a few hours at the track tonight and have sprayed all the weed growth within the entire perimiter this will take approx 5 to 10 days to take effect so please do not cut or pull any weeds on Sunday.
This includes the bunds!:thumbsup:

hotrodchris
17-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks Mark but will be at the regional at DMS this Sunday:woot:

badger5
17-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I have 9 spare tickets(free) for the British Moto Cross GP at Winchester(the company I work for has supplied copiers for them in exchange for tickets). I was thinking of going Sunday after the track maintenance has finished or 13:00. These tickets are £60 each and only 9 available(thought the commitee have 1st bagsey to say thanks for the work they do at the club,so first come first serve on Sunday morning.

Gutted, I've got to work this weekend. :(
Would of been good to see some two wheel action as well. Have a good one anyway.

dibble34
18-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi Jay,

About 8.30 till 1 ish I should think. Then track open for practice.

Cheers

Dan

Dan, are you saying no practice before 1pm?

MrMagoo
18-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks Mark but will be at the regional at DMS this Sunday:woot:

See ya there Chris, save Mark and me a spot!