View Full Version : What extra's req for B4.1 worlds
johnboy
14-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi what extra's ie hop ups / weights / pistons / springs are req for a B4.1 worlds?
MiCk B.
14-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Hi,
Not too much needed for the b4.1.
If you are running on grass / astro, then the following would be a good idea.
Front end, blue / silver AE springs (or go the big bore spring route), oil 35 / 40 with AE no 2 pistons. A heaver bulkhead is advisable on the front, the ghea one is nice, (http://p-dubracing.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=12) there are other alternative.
Rear end silver springs (green if wet / low traction) 30wt oil AE no 1 pistons.
You can add weigh between the rear suspension mount and the gear box.
The above should get you a car that is easy to drive, tune from there to how you want the car to react.
MiCk B. :-)
neallewis
14-08-2012, 02:08 PM
I run on grass/astro and indoors on carpet with silver springs all round, 35/30 oil, no 2 pistons all round (i had no luck with no1 piston in rear). I added a brass front bulkhead, and some extra stick-on weight in side pods, and around servo/servo saver.
That's it really, it just runs great out the box, you don't need the brass front bulkhead, but it does help i found. I also race indoors on a small track and found the long chassis a bit long. I picked up a short chassis for that track, it's very quick to swap them over, though an incident with a piano at the end of the straight last Friday rendered that short chassis unusable now ;-)
I'm back on the long chassis and i'm considering the c4.1 conversion next.
coleman758
14-08-2012, 02:10 PM
C4.1 conversion :thumbsup:
h0m3sy
14-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Though an incident with a piano at the end of the straight last Friday rendered that short chassis unusable now ;-)
Comedy gold mate :lol::lol::lol::lol:
neallewis
14-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Comedy gold mate :lol::lol::lol::lol:
It was a warm up lap before my final as well. I did manage a bit of a tune on the impact:thumbsup:
Greenpiece
11-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I know this has been open for a while but I have one addition worth considering.
Not sure what surface you will be running on but if it's high bite surface such as Astro I have found the thick gold swaybar worth trying if the track has sweeping corners as I feel I can carry more speed through these. The black and silver don't really make much difference for me. :cry:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.