View Full Version : Any folk run x5 or is it now "vintage"?
Dave77
14-08-2012, 08:20 PM
I have 2 used cars and lots of new and used parts like nip chassis bodyshell etc etc and wondered what kind of market there is for them?
Cheers
David
Oscar
14-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Sadly the X5 has largely given way to other more modern cars. Personally though, I honestly believe this is largely down to fashion.
I am still running the original oOple review car from many years ago. It suits my style, and its easy to drive because I am so comfortable with it.
It can also still be a competative car, for example, at a recent club meeting a friend of mine broke his Durango on the warm up lap of the final. We quickly threw in his charged cells to my X5 and off he went. He actually finished the final in 2nd, equalling his best single lap time from the previous 4 rounds of qualifying. Not bad for a vintage machine :)
If you have one, dont be afraid to run it now, as long as you're not greedy with the power (dont try run a 4.5 with 90c cells through the ageing transmission), its still a great car and a testament to the X Factory design team.
PS: Chaz & Paul, Once released, if you wish to send Jimmy the new X7 for review, I volunteer for long term test pilot duties :)
jimmy
14-08-2012, 08:52 PM
I was about to jump in and say Pricey is still running his to good effect. It's a great car - shame it didn't evolve / carry on.
Steve.T
15-08-2012, 06:41 AM
I was about to jump in and say Pricey is still running his to good effect. It's a great car - shame it didn't evolve / carry on.
I had four of them but I think because it was dependant on car which wasn't being made any more meant its demise
Dave77
16-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Decided best to list them and all the spares in classifieds to see if there is any interest. Can always drop the price if needed.
If anyone was looking for bits they would be delighted as deal to be done!!!
Cheers
YoungChazz
16-08-2012, 03:28 PM
We still love the old nail and have lots of new parts in stock -- almost everything except chassis and gears. (Jackie Stewart used that term to describe an older Championship car.) It is still being campaigned by at least one Australian driver who wins Regional stock motor Championships with it. In Australia, stock motor (17.5) is a larger class than modified.
As Oscar said, the driveline is not comfortable with modern high-C LiPos and 5.5 brushless motors. Keep the power down so you can control the thing and they remain competitive.
We have a couple that campaign at YORCC with pretty good success.
I tried one back to back against my B44 and wasn't much off the pace
If I could find a cheap one with spares I'd love to have one. :drool:
Danny Harrison
17-08-2012, 07:10 PM
If I could find a cheap one with spares I'd love to have one. :drool:
Read up a little. Dave77 listed his for sale. Sounds like there could be a bargain to be had ;)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.