PDA

View Full Version : Vega Elite B4.1 - 2nd Gen


jimmy
15-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Vega sent news of their new mid-motor conversion - the Gen 2 version of their Assoicated B4.1 conversion. It borrows from the successful development of the 2012 BRCA Champion VEGA Elite -201 conversion.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EtXcin9Ip2k" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Following in the steps of the successful Vega Elite Conversions - we are pleased to announce the release of the B4.1 2nd Gen. New features include:


* New thicker kick up section, reinforced with a high quality weld for dramatically improved strength.


* Front sidewalls thickened to 2.6mm to increase strength.


* Gearbox has been raised 2.0mm - following in the steps of the highly successful 201 Gen2 conversion.


* New Gen2 rear carbon tower with virtually unlimited tuning options.


* Multi-position cell layout for enhanced weight distribution changes - no brass needed.


* Newly designed carbon battery strap.


* Gen 2 body shell designed for increased stability and to produce more down force.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/vegab41-g2.jpg

Please visit www.teamxtreme.co.uk (http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk)

Mrs.TeamXtreme
16-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Direct Link to the B4.1 2nd Gen kit :)
http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16&products_id=426

neallewis
16-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Could I ask, do the C4.1 aftermarket bodies from Pro-line (Bulldog) or Jconcepts (Finisher), fit this chassis?

Have you got any images of your new bodyshell?

I was about to push the button on a C4.1, but this is also tempting...

ben
16-08-2012, 03:06 PM
With some light modding the Jconcepts Finnisher Centro body should fit the vega if not, i think the Jconcepts losi body fits.

chuckie stella
16-08-2012, 05:44 PM
My Proline BULLDOG shell went from my C4 to my 201 VEGA (very similar) with no adjustment at all! :)

Origineelreclamebord
16-08-2012, 06:02 PM
It looks a lot like the earlier/other Vegas, that's a promising start! :) So what exactly are the changes/improvements compared to the Gen 1 Vega B4.1? :eh?:

MHeadling
16-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Its longer wheel base, raised gearbox and you have different cell options (which way round you run them) and it's sexy as hell! :drool:

Danny McGee
16-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Its longer wheel base, raised gearbox and you have different cell options (which way round you run them) and it's sexy as hell! :drool:

Have to agree. I think I have the first one downstairs ready to be built up. Will post some pics when I get a chance. Typically good work and the machining looks sweet :)

gazhillAE
16-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Given up with c4 then mate?
Are you running it as 201 or b4.1?
Gaz

Origineelreclamebord
16-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Its longer wheel base, raised gearbox and you have different cell options (which way round you run them) and it's sexy as hell! :drool:

What is the exact effect/purpose of the raised gearbox? I thought a lower CoG would be better? :eh?:

neallewis
16-08-2012, 10:32 PM
What is the exact effect/purpose of the raised gearbox? I thought a lower CoG would be better? :eh?:

Diff outdrive / drive shaft position, which in turn will affect the running height (at drive shafts level).

I don't know how the original vega compares to a B4.1/C4.1?

MHeadling
17-08-2012, 06:54 AM
The gearbox on the Gen2 cars is raised 2mm from the std Vega gen1 cars, you could always pop some spacers under the gearbox on a Gen1 car to give it a try.

As to the handling effects not so sure but it must work being the national championship winning chassis manufacturer

Timee80
17-08-2012, 07:06 AM
On the x6 if you raise the transmission height you got a lot more forward drive. Perfect if the surface is loose. 1mm makes a big difference on the x6 so 2mm will make the new Vega feel like a totally different car

Rayzerp
17-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Yeah the main purpose is to alter the angle of the driveshafts in the drive cups to effect how much drive you get .......I tried raising the gearbox of my Gen1 Vega by 2MM on wet astro which meant I had dead level driveshafts at 24MM ride height, seemed to help a bit....but thats the theory anyway!

Danny McGee
17-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Given up with c4 then mate?
Are you running it as 201 or b4.1?
Gaz

Yer, not had the best season with it and I don't have the older chassis which apparently makes a difference. I've been given the chance from Lewis and DC so jumped at the chance. I tried the rb5 vega at silverstone in the final and thought it was pretty good.

RudeTony
17-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Hi Dan......I have your brass ready for Kiddy. Same as the choices Lee has :)

MHeadling
17-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Tony what Rude bits weights does Lee tend to run on the 201 Vega??

RudeTony
17-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi Mark
Lee runs with a variation of weight to suit different conditions.
We do a light 34g and in stages 50g, 62g, 74g right up to 104g.
I will ask what his norm is. He has all of them.
I do believe Lee also runs a bulkhead weight that we do not do.
Its a LMR product hence we don't clash

I will ask him when I see him

MHeadling
17-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks Tony,are we are talking about the under lipo weights or the under speedo weights??

Be great if you can get the info for us all on what weights he runs and in what conditons, be a great help for all Vega owners.

Rayzerp
17-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks Tony,are we are talking about the under lipo weights or the under speedo weights??

Be great if you can get the info for us all on what weights he runs and in what conditons, be a great help for all Vega owners.

Would be a great help. :thumbsup:

xfactor
17-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi is the vega rb5 gen2 gearbox 2mm higher in the kit.

MikePimlott
17-08-2012, 04:36 PM
.As to the handling effects not so sure but it must work being the national championship winning chassis manufacturer

Just proves Lee could drive anything :woot:

MHeadling
17-08-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm sure Lee will be fast with most cars but the Vega has helped him along the way, for one it puts the motor in the right place! Lol

Anyway a lovely bit of kit and a great addition to any 2wd! :thumbsup:

chuckie stella
17-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Hi Mark
Lee runs with a variation of weight to suit different conditions.
We do a light 34g and in stages 50g, 62g, 74g right up to 104g.
I will ask what his norm is. He has all of them.
I do believe Lee also runs a bulkhead weight that we do not do.
Its a LMR product hence we don't clash

I will ask him when I see him

More grip = more weight, normally 62 but depends on lipo weight. For an average aim for overall weight to be close to 1600 ;)

j0pp3
21-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Damn kickups! Makes it a lot harder for amateurs (like me) making their own matching chassis in carbon fiber :(

tony12795
21-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Danny you should have asked.......



Yer, not had the best season with it and I don't have the older chassis which apparently makes a difference. I've been given the chance from Lewis and DC so jumped at the chance. I tried the rb5 vega at silverstone in the final and thought it was pretty good.

tellor
21-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Danny you should have asked.......

<O:p</O:pI have lots of the original C4.1 chassis. :woot:

when you say original chassis, what the difference and what exactly is the 2nd generation chassis?

KRob
21-08-2012, 02:06 PM
when you say original chassis, what the difference and what exactly is the 2nd generation chassis?

There is no 'second generation' Centro chassis. All chassis have been made to the same spec.

Sorry to butt in on the Vega thread.

Danny McGee
22-08-2012, 02:04 PM
As promised. Finished building up a little while ago. Will be testing tomorrow after work ahead of the national this weekend.

Fingers crossed it goes as good as it looks :)

super__dan
22-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Looks all the better for NOT having white wire on it ;)

RCDomination.com
22-08-2012, 06:14 PM
As promised. Finished building up a little while ago. Will be testing tomorrow after work ahead of the national this weekend.

Fingers crossed it goes as good as it looks :)


Looks good! I think it's missing some stickers though :p:D

mikeyscott
22-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Looks all the better for NOT having white wire on it ;)

:woot:

Nice looking Tekin install. Miss my Tekin kit lol

Danny McGee
22-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Looks good! I think it's missing some stickers though :p:D

Patients Dave. May have a new shell style to run Saturday then it'll have stickers :)

chuckie stella
22-08-2012, 10:23 PM
May have a new shell style to run Saturday

Looks awesome!!! :drool:

Rebelrc
23-08-2012, 05:42 AM
How was it to build?

RCDomination.com
23-08-2012, 06:01 AM
Patients Dave. May have a new shell style to run Saturday then it'll have stickers :)

I know where I can get little patients.......dwarf hospital:D

tony12795
23-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Like-ing the gold servo horn !!!

Looks good Danny :thumbsup:

gazhillAE
26-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Danny you should have asked.......

:)
Does look good!

gazhillAE
10-09-2012, 10:59 PM
So which gear cover Is the best to fit on the vega gen2???
Going to be running it with the proline bulldog losi 22 shell

Any help would be great

MHeadling
11-09-2012, 09:22 AM
You could adapt the stock cover to fit by using a B4 motor plate and a bit of dremel work.

Or the Tamiya 201 cover seems to fit ok with just a bolt through (find some pics of Lee's car on oople reports) but it maybe a bit tight due to the B4.1 slipper spring being a bit bigger than a 201 spring

MHeadling
11-09-2012, 09:27 AM
You could try something like this:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100850

tony12795
11-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Gaz, I used the standard motor cover, drilled and tap the Vega motor plate for the hole at the back and use a long screw at the front cover hole, which would clamp to the heat sink. I then made a motor plate out of old lexen, which sits against the Vega MP. Was quite fiddly but work for the five mins a ran it.
<O:p
The standard motor plate will not fit behind the slipper plate unlike the Vega RB5 which does fit. Have a look at Lee's car, this is what I did.<O:p</O:p

gazhillAE
11-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Gaz, I used the standard motor cover, drilled and tap the Vega motor plate for the hole at the back and use a long screw at the front cover hole, which would clamp to the heat sink. I then made a motor plate out of old lexen, which sits against the Vega MP. Was quite fiddly but work for the five mins a ran it.
<O:p
The standard motor plate will not fit behind the slipper plate unlike the Vega RB5 which does fit. Have a look at Lee's car, this is what I did.<O:p</O:p

You changing aswell!?!!
I'm trying both cars back to back
What 4wd now then?
Gaz

Martinst
08-12-2020, 01:29 PM
Does anyone still have one of these cars ?

Tom3012
08-12-2020, 10:39 PM
I still have a Vega! Pretty much just a shelf queen though