View Full Version : Most likely breakages
TheNinj
14-05-2008, 03:25 PM
What are the most likely parts that will break on the xxx-4 G?
I've already broken a shock shaft and now a front spindle carrier.
I might order a few of these vulnerable parts but which ones are likely to go most?
cheers
A
rcracer
14-05-2008, 03:38 PM
when i had one i broke the front diff cover and the front pivot support a few times
Neil
jim76
14-05-2008, 03:44 PM
front shock towers and wishbones. get the plastic wishbones if you can, not the expensive graphite ones.
Kopite
14-05-2008, 04:13 PM
the only thing i've nailed on mine is front shock towers,and front spindles. Since i doubled up on front shock towers though, i've not broke one. Think with doubling up though, the force of the impact might transfer to the front diff cover, and/or the chassis itself.
have you got the alloy pivot blocks? they seem to be a good idea, it was the first thing i bought for mine
rcracer
14-05-2008, 04:28 PM
when i got the alloy pivot suports the chassis took the shock of the impact..but i am a rough git :D
Garry Driffill
14-05-2008, 06:15 PM
but i am a rough git :D
Yes you are :lol:.... all 4.5 of brushless motor let rip on full bore in 7ft round a hairpin and over a jump just so you didnt finish last haahaha. Poor Losi :D..
Every meeting i used to do front diff covers without fail.... but i had plenty with the car i got from Bathy ;)
super__dan
14-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I think I broke a front gearbox housing once in 2 years of running the car. Towers MUST be doubled up or carbon ones, again in 2 years running like this I never broke where they mount onto the chassis BUT I used to run mini nuts on the back so by clamping the force of attaching the tower it spreads the load better and is less likely to crack the chassis. I never broke one in 2 years!
_sleigh_
14-05-2008, 07:24 PM
I never broke a thing on mine... strong as an ox (or is that oxo cube)
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/telford280805/bigimages/4wd31.jpg
super__dan
14-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Shoule there be a dog in that picture?
tyreman
14-05-2008, 07:29 PM
I never broke a thing on mine... strong as an ox (or is that oxo cube)
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/telford280805/bigimages/4wd31.jpg
Didn't you hit the rostrum??
_sleigh_
14-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Shoule there be a dog in that picture?
:lol::lol::lol: Oooops, don't let my bosses find out about that :o
_sleigh_
14-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Didn't you hit the rotrum??
Nope, just a random crash on the banked Telford straight.
tyreman
14-05-2008, 07:35 PM
I remember Roundy found it hilarious, and started flapping it above his head while the race was still running, rather that wait till qualifying was over:)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.