PDA

View Full Version : NICE LOGO JIMBO!!!


GRIFF55
18-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Loving the new logo on the first page jim!!:thumbsup:

RandomConflict
18-08-2012, 09:51 PM
I second that! Looks great! :thumbsup:

traffman
18-08-2012, 10:03 PM
plus three......that is awesome!:thumbsup:

russmini
18-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Have to say, that is pretty epic. Really Cool! Well Done that man.

jimmy
18-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys :thumbsup: An afternoon mis-spent!

Someone on my facebook asked what it was (not into R/C) and so I dug up some history including the original little doodle of the buggy

http://www.oople.com/pixels/history.jpg

eyeayen
19-08-2012, 05:37 AM
That new logo does looks cool Jimmy, is it all 2D or 3D ?

Isaac Peel
19-08-2012, 09:02 AM
It certainly woke me up in the morning:lol:

jimmy
19-08-2012, 11:24 AM
That new logo does looks cool Jimmy, is it all 2D or 3D ?

It's all 2D I guess technically. I got the rough shape by extruding and rotating the basic logo in adobe illustrator. Then put a warp on it to give it the bend - the rest is all done in photoshop by painting. I saved it out as I went along:

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/crackedprogress.png

eyeayen
19-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the little part work there, super cool !

Do you prefer to work in 2D than 3D ?

jimmy
19-08-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't like 3D much at all. I've done plenty of 3D modeling as I was a games artist for 18 years or so - but I prefer painting stuff much more.

footey
19-08-2012, 12:15 PM
not enougher logo for me to get inked on my skin :lol:

Origineelreclamebord
19-08-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't like 3D much at all. I've done plenty of 3D modeling as I was a games artist for 18 years or so - but I prefer painting stuff much more.

Have you - by any coincidence - been involved in the development of Worms? :lol: Anyway, the new logo is pro, I love it! Also cool to see how the logo has evolved! :thumbsup:

I was thinking by the way... How about this as a big vinyl sticker over the side of your car (or the side and top of the sidepod of your RC car)?

U1timate PigDog
19-08-2012, 04:46 PM
That is pretty awesome, I hadnt seen it as I type the address in and go straight into the forum page lol, I really like way it has been slowly changed over the years, I had never noticed the buggy in the background.

Great work looks really good.:thumbsup:

julianb
19-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Lovely.

Now, can I have some STICKERS!!!!!!!!! PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP!!!!


You're missing a trick here bud. You'd sell 'em by the truckload...

jaysllim
20-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Ye jimmy was involved with worms so u get to blow oople up in the game lol i still play tha game even now on my ps3.

Danosborne6661
20-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Awesome work! Don't suppose you have the .PSD and would mind uploading it Jimmy? Would love to see how you tackeld the different layers :) I take it you used a tablet for this?

jimmy
20-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Here ya go mate
http://www.oople.com/downloads/brokenoople.zip

Lot of layers - not very many named! lol. It's painted at 3600x2500 I think, so it's 70+ megs. Zipped to about 30.

You can probably pretty much turn all the layers off and then start turning them on from the bottom up - the ones in the grouped folder just have a group mask over the top (it wasn't like that originally as I just flattened the layers to make a new flat version to work from - but I've put them back in here into a group so you can see exactly how it's been done. )

Danosborne6661
21-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Amazing work just flicking through that .PSD. Bonkers! Did you say you used a tablet to do the brushing on it? I think I may have to try some of this extruding stylizing with the Phat bodies logo!

Cheers Jimbo :thumbsup:

metalmickey0
21-08-2012, 09:35 PM
It's all 2D I guess technically. I got the rough shape by extruding and rotating the basic logo in adobe illustrator. Then put a warp on it to give it the bend - the rest is all done in photoshop by painting. I saved it out as I went along:

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/crackedprogress.png
Now those would make ideal rubberised keyfobs. I`d buy one:thumbsup:

ryanlownie
22-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Talent!

steve-thebabystore
22-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Need to get out more! Seriously really cool

MakysMrs
25-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Love it :) your very talented Jimmy.

As for the worms game I get told about your involvement every time my other half plays it
I think its his old age kicking in bless him x