View Full Version : Mamba + competition = ?
V-Rossi
16-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I will be needing a new ESC (brushless) for this season as my LRP Sphere Comp found a new home in the B4. Does anyone use the Mamba Max for racing? With that I'm not talking about club racing, but people attending the Nationals (performance on the highest level (not meaning to offend any club racers:lol:).
A motor isn't necessary, as I will be competing with an Orion 6,5T.
V-Rossi
17-05-2008, 09:41 AM
:eh?:
dan_kitty
17-05-2008, 12:05 PM
i use mamba max speedo with orion 6.5 at nationals, it works..
but im coming in at the bottom 2 finals, lol
Welshy40
23-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I will be needing a new ESC (brushless) for this season as my LRP Sphere Comp found a new home in the B4. Does anyone use the Mamba Max for racing? With that I'm not talking about club racing, but people attending the Nationals (performance on the highest level (not meaning to offend any club racers:lol:).
A motor isn't necessary, as I will be competing with an Orion 6,5T.
I used for racing and have killed them both as I forgot DUH!!! to revert the esc on my laptop from brushed to brushless. Im not doing that again, and am gonna get me the tekin instead as it has both sensor and sensorless systems so best of both worlds in brushless.
antnee
27-05-2008, 12:51 PM
I had a 6.5T orion vortex, with a mamba max esc, never ran right, tired loads of settings, cogged loads, made a nasty noise, then just gave up the ghost one race.
Best to stick with MM motors with the MM ESC
Richard Lowe
27-05-2008, 12:56 PM
It's hard to beat the Nosram/LRP brushless ESC's, they are a little more money than the rest but you get what you pay for ;)
V-Rossi
28-05-2008, 07:53 AM
LRP Sphere Competition can arrive any day now:)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.