View Full Version : C4.1 rear shock shafts
neallewis
27-08-2012, 11:32 PM
I properly bent a rear shock shaft on my C4.1 on Sunday. I don't think I had an impact with anything, so it must have been from the bumps and jumps on the track. Mid-race, back end just seemed to stick as the wishbone was stuck half way in travel, and I retired from the race.
I'm running standard V2 AE shocks, as per B4.1 worlds kit. I didn't have a spare, but managed to get a spare from a fellow racer.
I'll be stocking up on these this week, but want to know is it a common breakage or failure? I'd not had one go on the B4.1, and I'd have thought the wishbone may have gone before the shock shaft. I guess it depends on the angle of impact? Anyone else?
Dave77
28-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Its the only breakage I have had all year on my C4.1. The shaft snapped at the top of the threads. It was after someone ran into the back of me, so not the same as your situation but never had any of them bend through normal running.
highlander
28-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Its the only breakage I have had all year on my C4.1. The shaft snapped at the top of the threads. It was after someone ran into the back of me, so not the same as your situation but never had any of them bend through normal running.
yep ive had the same ...bent rear shafts after being shunted up the rear ....
neallewis
28-08-2012, 01:12 PM
My C4.1 was newly built two weeks ago.
I'll get some spares in my box then... I wasn't shunted up the rear, just running round the track at Batley. I've noticed the shocks are on a slight angle with the bottom in. Someone did mention to put a spacer between rear arm and shock ball end to get the shock more towards 90deg/vertical. Has anyone else done this? I'll give it a try when I get some longer screws later in the week.
My C4.1 was newly built two weeks ago.
I'll get some spares in my box then... I wasn't shunted up the rear, just running round the track at Batley. I've noticed the shocks are on a slight angle with the bottom in. Someone did mention to put a spacer between rear arm and shock ball end to get the shock more towards 90deg/vertical. Has anyone else done this? I'll give it a try when I get some longer screws later in the week.
I run the car with spacers on the wishbone to get the shock vertical again, and to stop it binding. If you have a couple of the plastic spacers that space the front caster blocks on the front wishbones they are about the right size.
Ben
neallewis
28-08-2012, 01:46 PM
I run the car with spacers on the wishbone to get the shock vertical again, and to stop it binding. If you have a couple of the plastic spacers that space the front caster blocks on the front wishbones they are about the right size.
Ben
Cool thanks Ben. I'll give that a try.
Wupding
28-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Hi guys
When I had my c4 used the rpm shock cap bottoms with covers ( link below ). I managed to through 6 shafts in 3 weeks and these did the trick for me. Just turn the cover to the rear of the car..... Hope it helps
http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/products/traxxas/4xSlash2.htm
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.