View Full Version : Racing at York - season begins 8th September
Mike2222
30-08-2012, 08:02 AM
At last, finally had confirmation from the School that we can start racing
again on 8th September. Suggest we start building track at 17.30 in case we need to put extra carpets down. I saw the floor after resurfacing, but before it had been used by anyone. It was a lot grippier than the old surface, but when it gets some use I think it will be good.
Lets have a good turnout for the first night back, usual classes 2wd, 4wd
and 540/17.5t.
See you all on 8th September.
Mike
AC199
02-09-2012, 05:54 AM
Cant wait Mike, its gonna be good to get back and have a blast again... Is the surface like the one at Chadderton or Worksop now its been resurfaced?
Chris
I await correction, but I believe they've simply sanded the top couple mm of varnish off, polished and re-varnished so it's the same, but brand new if you know what I mean...
Mike2222
03-09-2012, 07:58 AM
You are right Col, that is exactly what they have done. It seems to have more grip at the moment, but that may change as it gets used more and the floor gets dirtier.
Mike
AC199
03-09-2012, 09:57 AM
So back to the mini spikes then...
Robin A
03-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Chris, at the risk of getting totally shot down for pulling your leg, :), did you really think the school would put down a rubberised twisted carpet floor like chadderton/worksop? Or did the excitement of racing at York again blur your judgement? :p:p:p:p
PS See you on the 23rd I can't make the first 2 meets.:cry:
AC199
03-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Remind me to stamp on your car Bob... :P
I had no clue what they were putting down, but hey, one can but hope...
anyone got a lipo charger i could use tonight? I've left mine at work
Just incase you haven't seen Facebook, AC199 is bringing you one.
mpg200
08-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Car stamping is my best trick
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.