View Full Version : Club day this Sunday?
Pedros20
30-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Is there a club day this Sunday? (2nd sept) think its given decent weather, be nice to have a nice steady meeting.
Cheers
Pete
Si Coe
30-08-2012, 09:52 AM
The normal policy we use is if enough people come, we will race. We need around 10 people to hold a meeting.
Given that even on a wet day about a dozen turn up, that means there will be a meeting on provided the track isn't so totally waterlogged we can't lay a track down.
I was there yesterday just after a large downpour and there was a lot of standing water but it was easy enough to clear and safe enough to practice on after that.
Darren Wales
31-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Ok then as the last day of summer today has been mostly sunny (albeit cold) and the forecast for the weekend to be dry and warm, i guess the track will be good for a decent days racing.
So come on Bury members, lets have a good turn out. :D
I'm hoping someone has a spare c4.1 shell that I can use/purchase, after my attempt to cut mine went a bit Pete Tongue. :blush:
will have a copy of the council plans to convert part of the football club house into our (and the cycle clubs) new toilets and changing facilities.
Darren
The race controller
31-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I hope our electricity supply is on them plans.
Darren Wales
31-08-2012, 06:46 PM
I hope our electricity supply is on them plans.
Of course, albeit a whole year after promised. Expected to be complete by start of next season.
Will be speaking with the planning office to also discuss whether they would block planning application for new clubhouse, before a separate bid is also put in. ;)
See you Sunday.
tisher
31-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Ok then as the last day of summer today has been mostly sunny (albeit cold) and the forecast for the weekend to be dry and warm, i guess the track will be good for a decent days racing.
So come on Bury members, lets have a good turn out. :D
I'm hoping someone has a spare c4.1 shell that I can use/purchase, after my attempt to cut mine went a bit Pete Tongue. :blush:
will have a copy of the council plans to convert part of the football club house into our (and the cycle clubs) new toilets and changing facilities.
Darren
Ask matt c he has a really nice freshly painted c4.1 shell for sale at bargain price;)
budfish
01-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Of course, albeit a whole year after promised. Expected to be complete by start of next season.
Will be speaking with the planning office to also discuss whether they would block planning application for new clubhouse, before a separate bid is also put in. ;)
See you Sunday.
Are we getting a new track aswell?
tisher
01-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Are we getting a new track aswell?
We are getting a new track nearly every week:lol: the way its going it will be a grass track by next year:woot::D
budfish
01-09-2012, 08:55 AM
We are getting a new track nearly every week:lol: the way its going it will be a grass track by next year:woot::D
I dont like driving on grass no more :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
Si Coe
01-09-2012, 09:08 AM
There are plans to 'remodel' the existing track but thats strictly a club matter and really requires volunteers.
What Darren is referring to are council projects we are getting involved in to upgrade our facilities - in our case thats mostly access to loos that don't require we grovel to the football or gymnastic clubs. We are also looking at an improved rostrum/race control building (ie not a metal container with a fence welded to the top) with a covered rostrum only accessible through race control.
tisher
01-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Do you reckon the council will lay out the dosh to do all that with the way things are at the moment? It would be great if they do
budfish
01-09-2012, 09:31 AM
We could put it to the council that we are willing to lend the track out for crown green bowling when not in use!!!
tisher
01-09-2012, 09:35 AM
or pitch and putt:lol:
budfish
01-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Zumba classes are popular at the moment;-)
coleman758
01-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Lmao! I can imagine you at a Zumba class!! Too funny....
Are you racing then??
budfish
01-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Lmao! I can imagine you at a Zumba class!! Too funny....
Are you racing then??
Got the kids!!!;-(
losichris
01-09-2012, 03:34 PM
toilets and track updates would be my priority. race control is fine and rostrum does what it needs to.
would track updates really cost that much? alot of man power but i think it can be done. Something along the lines of Stotford would be awesome and bring alot more racers in....
Si Coe
01-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Track work just needs organising.
By that I mean:
1) Someone who knows what they are doing (counts me out!)
2) to sort out what materials will be needed which the club can then purchase
3) and gather the required tools and people at the track on a set day.
Number 1 isn't that big a problem, we just need to nominate someone with the right skills, 2 shouldn't be that hard either.
3 might take a minor miracle though......
budfish
02-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Ok then as the last day of summer today has been mostly sunny (albeit cold) and the forecast for the weekend to be dry and warm, i guess the track will be good for a decent days racing.
Darren
I knew we couldn't trust him !!!!!!:p
Br00kie
02-09-2012, 08:03 AM
I knew we couldn't trust him !!!!!!:p
Bring your sun cream boys. Oh yeah and an umbrella and some wellies :woot:
Darren Wales
02-09-2012, 08:08 AM
I knew we couldn't trust him !!!!!!:p
That's my first and last attempt at being Michael Fish. :blush:
Still, it ain't that bad a day.
tisher
02-09-2012, 06:20 PM
well done to mr coleman for his A win your car drove awesome mate and for the first time out it. It was bang on the pace I dont think I could have got much more out of mine so it was a good test for it today;) I think I am going to do a full lecky overhaul now I am happy with both my 2wd and 4wd cars:)try and stop all these glitchs
Si Coe
02-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Although I'd have to say Robs B42.1 looks just as good as Matts DB1, has a lot less testing behind it (as it today was its first run EVER whereas Rudebits did a lot of development on the DB1) and it costs a fraction of the price!
tisher
02-09-2012, 06:41 PM
This is very true Si but you got to remember its only the first time out for Matt really and Rob is a damn good driver I drove both cars today and I have got to say they both feel quicker in areas than my c4 I am deffo going to have a crack with one of robs designs when he gets chance to make me one:)
coleman758
02-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Cheers Pal!
The car was a dream! I could not have asked for a better car!
Tony & Rudebits have done a fantastic job with the DB1.
Robs car looked pretty good! I drove both and there was no a great deal between them, the DB1 was more balanced but thats down too the weighted driveshaft. If rob can sort some more rotating mass it will improve the car massively.
And a big congrats to vaughan! He was rocking the B-Final!
He's getting faster and faster each time I see him drive!
Future national champion!!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.