View Full Version : 23rd SEPTEMBER - 'DIRTY WEEKEND' - RHR DIRT
jimmy
30-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Robinhood Raceway and York Off Road Car Club have announced another meeting on the fantastic RHR DIRT track toward the end of September.
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/dirtyweekendnews.jpg
An entry form for the event is here: http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/dirtyweekend2012form.pdf
Also - check out the official thread on the race, in the RHR section of oople here: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=689585#post689585
James
18-09-2012, 08:46 AM
So if you've seen the RHR Dirt video you may be interested in racing there this sunday!
We haven't had much prep time so it wont be looking quite as pretty as it did at the oOple race, but still races great! The weather forecast is allover the place but fingers crossed it will actually stay fine! :D
coleman758
18-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Can't wait!
Looking forward to camping over too!
its great to be able to have a beer (Or 5-6-7) with you racing pals, Not something you can do on a Sunday haha!
tisher
18-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Looking forward to this never got a chance at the opple meet to run 2wd and regretted it all weekend
Br00kie
21-09-2012, 10:15 PM
weather looks ok for Sunday :D
James
22-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Suns been shining at RHRD all day, just rolling the track, already people here - get yourselves along to the last dirt meeting of the year tomorrow! You can book in on the day :thumbsup:
robstanway
22-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Any shops there tomorrow???
James
22-09-2012, 06:13 PM
I'd imagine Castle Models will be there..
neallewis
22-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Car prepped, up in 5 hours to get a shower and out the door down the A1.
coleman758
23-09-2012, 05:32 PM
GREAT DAY GUY!
The track was as good as ever! Well organised :D a credit to the guys from york! Looking forward to more Dirty action next year!
James
23-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Don't be afraid of damp dirt folks! Was wet and covered in puddles yesterday and damp all day today but ran perfect! Better than I ever expected, if you weren't there you really missed out! Thanks to all who came :)
discothesnake
23-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Glad it went well. I really wanted to attend this but with the forecast not being great didn't want to risk the four hour drive down to be told it wasn't on clay.
Just need to wait til Invernational next year :bored:
Dave
coleman758
23-09-2012, 08:15 PM
I think the damp clay today was better than the dry/dusty clay at the oOple race. Also because it was damp it kept the dust down so all the cars came off pretty clean.
There was miles more grip too!
Shifta
23-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Another cracking days racing on the dirt!
It's a shame there wasn't more people there, their loss though..
Really enjoyed 4wd and plenty back flips to boot :lol:
2wd was a bit of a struggle with the C4.1 on the damp bits, after a few laps with Gregg's SVR I could see what I was missing:bored: a rear motor is on the shopping list for next year:thumbsup:
Thanks to all at RHR for giving us this great track to race on!:drool:
cflynn1981
23-09-2012, 08:41 PM
any results top ten may be any one?
James
23-09-2012, 08:46 PM
oOple were there reporting so sure some more info will be up soon, but:
2wd:
Cragg
Yardy
Williams
4wd:
Cragg
Lowe
Helliwell
Br00kie
23-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Video Here 4wd A Fnal
http://youtu.be/ocs2uCbM02U
Br00kie
23-09-2012, 10:53 PM
C Final 2wd
http://youtu.be/pc9MV_O1wwc
Northy
24-09-2012, 08:07 AM
oOple were there reporting so sure some more info will be up soon, but:
4wd:
Cragg
Lowe
Helliwell
You lucked into that 3rd place boss, I had third wrapped up and was hunting down Rich when my car stopped on the last lap :cry: gutted.
Great weekend though, hard work on Saturday getting the track into a race-able state, but a great days racing yesterday and so so so lucky with the weather. It just started to rain as we got the covers on last night! :o
Thanks to everyone who came.
Jabber
24-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Was a brilliant day on a awesome track, the hard work you guys did was well worth it. You now know it works wet or dry. My tyres dont even look like they have been used with hardly any wear but still had loads of grip.
James
24-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Bleeh, I was leading 'till I crashed and then jumped into the rostrum though, oops :lol: - and you Murrayd yourself saying you were bored :wtf:
Having said that - along with I think it was the players 2012 I think its the quickest I've seen you drive ! third in round 3 wasn't it?
Northy
24-09-2012, 10:02 AM
2nd in round 3 actually :lol:
James
24-09-2012, 10:08 AM
I'll shut up now :p
john333
24-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Wish I could have been there, it looked great and I bet you all have relieved grins on your faces this morning because the weather today is dire!
Richard Lowe
24-09-2012, 12:02 PM
2nd in round 3 actually :lol:
Pikey bin tyres FTW
Northy
24-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Pikey bin tyres FTW
Yeah, they were a set of tyres that Steve threw in the bin at the oOple race :lol:
Br00kie
24-09-2012, 08:42 PM
2wd A Final Here
http://youtu.be/-E5keJIyLSc
wes j.
24-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Cheers to the rhr crew for putting this meeting on. First time on clay and it was a steep learning curve but really enjoyed it :).
paulc
24-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Another great meeting at RHRD Thankyou :)
adprim
24-09-2012, 09:56 PM
2wd c-final
http://youtu.be/TsamuI8BL58
2wd b-final
http://youtu.be/XnG2JZmX-co
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.