PDA

View Full Version : X6 driveshafts?


Lee1972
03-09-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm sure this will have been covered in the past; I'm currently in the throes of converting my son's old B4 into an X6 but i've noticed that I pull the axle on the rear wheel through the hub to put in the spacers and drive pin the dog bones are resting on the edge of the outdrives. A fellow racer kindly informed me that we need a set of B4.1 cva driveshafts s they are longer but i've also heard that you can use Losi ones can anyone please advise?

ian h
03-09-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm sure this will have been covered in the past; I'm currently in the throes of converting my son's old B4 into an X6 but i've noticed that I pull the axle on the rear wheel through the hub to put in the spacers and drive pin the dog bones are resting on the edge of the outdrives. A fellow racer kindly informed me that we need a set of B4.1 cva driveshafts s they are longer but i've also heard that you can use Losi ones can anyone please advise?

Losi BK2 axles or the Xfactory ones which are slightly different but were designed for the X6

YoungChazz
04-09-2012, 02:27 AM
How old is your son? If he is just starting out, put some limiting inside the rear shocks to limit droop and it will work just fine.

Or, X Factory UK and their dealers should have our #5661 axles which are longer as noted above and come with the appropriate shims.

Either way, a good choice for a beginner's buggy!

Lee1972
07-09-2012, 11:22 PM
How old is your son? If he is just starting out, put some limiting inside the rear shocks to limit droop and it will work just fine.

Or, X Factory UK and their dealers should have our #5661 axles which are longer as noted above and come with the appropriate shims.

Either way, a good choice for a beginner's buggy!

Thanks Chazz you answered what was going to be my next question about just buying the stub axles rather than the complete unit.