PDA

View Full Version : How much dremel is too much dremel?


KickMe
04-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Hi family guys,

I already dremelled my X6² plastic chassis saddle-style. I need some more room for my big Futaba R603FF receiver, should I dremel down the red wall (keeping the end for blocking the saddle) or the green one? Should I do the same on the other side?

http://i.imgur.com/5SDI0l.jpg?1

Cheers.

Cooper
04-09-2012, 09:01 PM
put the receiver on it's side :-)

adey
04-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Can't you use another receiver. How about running the lipos in a t formation like Ellis Stafford does and see if you have more room
Then.

KickMe
04-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't want to use the T setup because... then I wouldn't have any room for the ESC.

I tried the only compatible receiver, the FrSky TFR4. It's great for 1/4 the price of the original, but I had 3 separate incidents : one-second loss of control twice, and once it picked up the signal from another radio, as if it was FM with the same crystals. Restarts and rebinds didn't help. I'm not THAT nostalgic, so I'm not comfortable using it for racing any more.

I'll have to put it on its side if I can't do otherwise.

Darren Boyle
04-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't want to use the T setup because... then I wouldn't have any room for the ESC.

I tried the only compatible receiver, the FrSky TFR4. It's great for 1/4 the price of the original, but I had 3 separate incidents : one-second loss of control twice, and once it picked up the signal from another radio, as if it was FM with the same crystals. Restarts and rebinds didn't help. I'm not THAT nostalgic, so I'm not comfortable using it for racing any more.

I'll have to put it on its side if I can't do otherwise.

T set up will give you more room for your ESC, you will get the entire side pod to fit it in since the LIPO will only be down the middle at the front (where your ESC is now) like this image here -

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/xfactory/X6setupsheets/X6Sq_EllisStafford_Area5120120114/carlayout.jpg

super__dan
05-09-2012, 12:06 PM
WOW that a nice looking car!!!

Darren Boyle
05-09-2012, 12:09 PM
WOW that a nice looking car!!!
It will be alright when the wiring is finished :p Nice electronics choice though ;)

leelar
05-09-2012, 10:02 PM
I run my x6 with the t pack lay out with the hobbywing V2 speedo it just fits in a bit snug against the pack though