PDA

View Full Version : Futaba 2.4GHz system question


stefke
20-05-2008, 12:50 PM
I recently bought a futaba FASST 2.4GHz system and I'm very happy with it so far.

I'm travelling to the US in a few weeks and given the $ exchange rate, I want to do some RC shopping :). One of the things on my wishlist is a second R603FS receiver. Since Futaba-RC's website isn't entirely clear on this issue, I would like to know if an american R603FS receiver will work on a european Futuba 2.4GHz system. I know there's a difference between the French 2.4GHz standard and the rest of europe and futuba say in their FAQ list that an american 2.4GHz transmitter module won't work on a european transmitter, but what about receivers ?

Is anyone here using an american (or asian) bought Futaba 2.4GHz receiver on a european transmitter ?

AmiSMB
20-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I think that you make the change in a switch in the back of the module. The 603FS receiver should work just fine.

stefke
20-05-2008, 01:03 PM
I think that you make the change in a switch in the back of the module. The 603FS receiver should work just fine.

Thanks,
but that switch sais "standard" and "France" I think. Will check it tonight.

sauvagsy
21-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Hi !
I bought last year in France the Futaba 3GR 2.4 GHz FASST transmitter with a "french" R603FF receiver. Then I bought a receiver R603FS for my second car in a US Ebay Store and eveything works ! :thumbsup:
For the moment, no problems :D

KennyClark
21-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Im using a UK transmitter with a receiver from USA.
It works fine.

DaveG28
21-05-2008, 10:08 AM
I have used HK/US and UK receivers and all is fine. I think for French ones you just flick the switch on the back of the transmitter module!

stefke
21-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks guys.
I was just worried because of Futaba warning for the use of US transmitter modules in european transmitters.

V-Rossi
21-05-2008, 02:09 PM
@Stefke: you got mail :)