View Full Version : Speedpassion GT and LPF
sparrow.2
20-05-2008, 05:56 PM
I know there have been threads on these speedos (well at least the GT)
LPF
http://www.racing-cars.com/images/spext98801lpf_w.jpg
GT
http://www.racing-cars.com/images/spext98801_w.jpg
I was wondering if there is someone on here who runs either one and whether he would like to give a bit of feedback on how good it is.
I'm looking to run it in 2WD and 4WD and would like to know if they're worth a shot as they are very well priced :)
Adam Bailey
20-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I run the LPF and 1.1's in all my cars and yes my opinion may be biased but they're by far the best ESC on the market. It will wake up any motor you throw at it and you wont be disappointed by either.
If your running mod I would stick to the 1.1 over the LPF because of the motor limit on the LPF for TC.
sparrow.2
20-05-2008, 07:46 PM
What motors are you running yours with? How hot does it get and how long do you run it for at any single time?
I run Modified Offroad with 5 cells, so I was thinking I might get away with using the LPF as Offroad is way less harsch than TC.
Andy71
20-05-2008, 08:12 PM
I use an SP Gran Tourismo in off and on road having switched from LRP and I can't praise them enough.
I run without the fan on my B4 using SP 6.5 and I have had no thermal issues yet (including a hot day on fairly tufty grass). They are really smooth and using the hand held programmer a doddle to set up.
One thing I will say which is something most of us are useless at - read the manual thoroughly and make sure you set your transmitter up exactly how it states.
Get one, you won't be disapppointed.
Adam Bailey
20-05-2008, 08:38 PM
I run 17.5 in my TC and 13.5 in the cooper, and it will be a 5.5 in the Cat SX (once I get one) and mainly 13.5 in everything else.
What motors are you running yours with? How hot does it get and how long do you run it for at any single time?
I run Modified Offroad with 5 cells, so I was thinking I might get away with using the LPF as Offroad is way less harsch than TC.
vinny20
20-05-2008, 08:54 PM
I have ran the SP GT but i am going back to lrp the GT is good but i would prefer lrp over SP
sparrow.2
20-05-2008, 09:08 PM
I have ran the SP GT but i am going back to lrp the GT is good but i would prefer lrp over SP
And why exactly would that be? Unreliable or do you just like the colour better???
vinny20
20-05-2008, 09:12 PM
no its just not my type of esc lrp a far better in my opinion and they have a lot more experiance thats my opinion
sparrow.2
20-05-2008, 09:14 PM
no its just not my type of esc lrp a far better in my opinion and they have a lot more experiance thats my opinion
Did the characteristic not suit your driving, did it thermal on you or do you just like LRP better?
More juicy facts please :)
@Adam If I can guess why you're driving one you'll send me one free no? :woot:
I am swinging in favour of getting the LPF and giving it a shot . If it doesn't like the 4WD it can live in my B4...
vinny20
20-05-2008, 09:19 PM
if u think sp is the one for u then thats up to u but lets not forget they are still new to the world of rc but alot of the driver use lrp,novak,nosram,somthing simple and they good for money i just cant get around to the sp thats why lrp have made esc more easy to use
sparrow.2
20-05-2008, 09:25 PM
if u think sp is the one for u then thats up to u but lets not forget they are still new to the world of rc but alot of the driver use lrp,novak,nosram,somthing simple and they good for money i just cant get around to the sp thats why lrp have made esc more easy to use
I ran an LRP LE25AMS (LRP's first speedo) in heatshrink when it first came out and noone had heard of them too.
Is there any technical reason you didn't like the SP?
vinny20
20-05-2008, 09:31 PM
as matter of fact yes for some reason when i wired everything up the wires just stated to get hot but i got sorted but now when i reset the esc it goes all funny it starts to beep alot and it i shoudnt do that it went outta control
sparrow.2
20-05-2008, 09:40 PM
as matter of fact yes for some reason when i wired everything up the wires just stated to get hot but i got sorted but now when i reset the esc it goes all funny it starts to beep alot and it i shoudnt do that it went outta control
Are you wearing oven mits? :woot:
Did you manage to get your speedo sorted or is it just bust?
vinny20
20-05-2008, 09:52 PM
no not yet thats why im just going back to lrp but when i ran the lrp i got no problems with it sorry to say this but sp is just not my type and i will say this i will not buy it again
sparrow.2
20-05-2008, 09:54 PM
no not yet thats why im just going back to lrp but when i ran the lrp i got no problems with it sorry to say this but sp is just not my type and i will say this i will not buy it again
Have you tried sending it in for warranty? They might be able to help you...
Adam Bailey
21-05-2008, 01:25 PM
I bet you can guess so no free ESC for you:thumbsup:
I've run every brushless ESC on the market in my MI-3 and I'm stuck on my GT's they are by far the most adjustable ESC on the market<-- shameless plug
@ Adam If I can guess why you're driving one you'll send me one free no? :woot:
I am swinging in favour of getting the LPF and giving it a shot . If it doesn't like the 4WD it can live in my B4...
sparrow.2
21-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I bet you can guess so no free ESC for you:thumbsup:
I've run every brushless ESC on the market in my MI-3 and I'm stuck on my GT's they are by far the most adjustable ESC on the market<-- shameless plug
Drat, no free ESC ;)
I got to play about with one today and have a fiddle with the programmer and it really does look nice. Apparently has very nice throttle response too according to the guy I spoke to...
LPF it will be then :)
chris_dono
22-05-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm running a GT 1.1 and have moved over from an LRP TC Spec.
I find it has a lot more adjustability than the LRP, but is a little more finicky in setup as you can dial in exactly what you want it to do.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.