View Full Version : Gear diff
michaelt4
17-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Was thinking of putting a gear diff in my sons b4, just for easy maintance. What oil to put in it ( weight) runs on grass with a 13.5/17.5 ?
Do you mean B4 or B4.1?
The gear diff will go in the B4.1 no problem but it will not fit the B4 as the diff outdrive bearings are a different size (B4 is imperial and B4.1 is metric)
michaelt4
17-09-2012, 10:05 AM
It's a b4.1:blush:
michaelt4
17-09-2012, 10:37 AM
What oil is a good starting point?
BeachBuggyPhil
17-09-2012, 09:07 PM
I used a good quantity of black grease and had no issues.
SLEENAD
17-09-2012, 09:18 PM
I used a good quantity of black grease and had no issues.
Same here!
Greenpiece
18-09-2012, 12:51 PM
It really depends on the surface you run on. The more grip the thicker you can go.
Grease will just give you a very free and an open diff. I run on an all Astro track and use Mugen 1.000cps but will be trying 3.000 when the weather let's me. :yawn:
Lee1972
18-09-2012, 09:29 PM
What are the advantages / disadvantages to running a geared diff as opposed to the ball diff?
Greenpiece
19-09-2012, 02:30 PM
- a lot less maintenance
- 0% slippage
BeachBuggyPhil
19-09-2012, 09:30 PM
I only use grease because I've had trouble keeping thin fluid in the diff but you can buy different weight diff grease. Kyosho sell it.
BeachBuggyPhil
19-09-2012, 09:32 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g284/SXTrail/04d8d311.jpg
That won't run out!!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.