View Full Version : Which Novak 6.5R
neiloliver
24-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I am in the market for a 6.5R to replace my 5.5R which has gone south.
I see that there are now blue "light" versions which the Novak website say are suitable for off road... but I had only ever seen people run the purple ones.
What do people recommend? It will mostly be used in the B44 and possibly in the B4 if it is dry.
Neil
Richard Lowe
24-05-2008, 11:02 AM
The L's are more suited to 2wd given the softer bottom end. They run hotter though due to the thinner windings so you have to watch the heat in 4wd.
ashleyb4
24-05-2008, 11:12 AM
You really dont need a light motor with your thumb neil ive seen heavier feathers :p
aka the blue ones are the new light motors and the purple ones are the sinitered ones.
A
neiloliver
24-05-2008, 11:20 AM
no ash, both are sintered. it is the wire that is different on the Light.
ashleyb4
24-05-2008, 11:58 AM
I could of proberly worded that better the R is the more punchy one then :p
A
super__dan
25-05-2008, 06:21 PM
If mostly used in 4wd I would go R. I ran an 6.5R in the 4wd as Oz national and it was good. In 2wd you can take the edge off it with throttle control or the slipper, your choice ;)
neiloliver
25-05-2008, 08:40 PM
What other brushless motors can I run with the GTB ESC? Are there better priced alternatives?
N
ashleyb4
25-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Peak performance/Orion
Nosram/lrp
Speed Passion
proberly beststicking with your novak motors.
A
super__dan
26-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Neil, Stick with a top spec sintered motor from one of the top brands, On the other forums I've read plenty about people having issues with the cheaper ones!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.