PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 23rd NOT on, definitely ON Sun 30th


Dalla
22-09-2012, 06:19 PM
As above, racing cancelled this Sunday, but we will be back Sunday 30th Sep.

Shifta
28-09-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm hoping to make it along this Sunday for some 4wd action... Who else is going?

chris68nufc
29-09-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm dying to race indoors....I've even thought about going along to Birtley club to see what's going on there.....touring cars!!

There's no point going with only 2 people!
I thought the Chairman said that you had to put your name down and he would decide if its on?

I will be there this Sunday though if a few more say there going

Andyp
29-09-2012, 11:14 AM
I 99% plan on being there, will know 100% in the morning

chris68nufc
29-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Looks like 3 then....thats almost double normal attendance isn't it!!!

mr emily
29-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Very wrong, there's often 5 of us!! Makes sorting heats out a bit difficult!!!

Is Mr Pack going?

chris68nufc
29-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Pack and the Vicar are away so guess not. I'm not going to bother going if there's only a few going....please speak up if your going!!!

Shifta
29-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Pack and the Vicar are away so guess not. I'm not going to bother going if there's only a few going....please speak up if your going!!!

+1..

AfroP
29-09-2012, 09:53 PM
i know pack is out as he has other commitments
Think Dexter is opening up unless Ian can make it

mr emily
29-09-2012, 09:57 PM
This is all getting a bit maddening.! Where are the racers around this region? I know Sunday is not good night for everyone but surely people should be making an effort to keep this club going. Even if you all just turn up once a month it would help and if there was to be a good turnout then attract others, it might! This also goes for other clubs who are struggling, Benfield and Dynamics. If we want racing to continue in the region then lets support all of them, if not on a weekly basis then fortnightly , monthly, just turn. up. I know people do national events and commit elsewhere but lets face it you will not want to travel away for ever and if you want to continue racing then local clubs are it. I know it not good when there are only a few people going to places to race. Get your buds going and have a laugh!

Shifta
29-09-2012, 10:19 PM
I agree.. But for me club racing (especially indoors) in the summer is not practical nor do I have the time! Now the outdoor season is over I'll be going to Seaham as much as possible and would imagine there'll a few more doing the same.. (Hopefully anyway) it's much better when there's more racers/marshals to build and put away etc.

DAVO
29-09-2012, 11:10 PM
ill poss be coming from crook but only 50/50 after next week i can make every time

chris68nufc
30-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Shifta is spot on, that's the same for me! Plus, agree with Keith, Sunday nights are awful! I'm really going to try to get there tonight if a few more people say that there going as its nearly an hour for me to get there.

Midweek racing is where it's at! If only there was another venue that we could use then I'm sure that there would be more drivers turn up.

Dynamix is out of the question now for me because of the northern weather.
I have been too busy this year with work to get to any other. Event than the regional there!
Fingers crossed he keeps it going until next year!

I'm sure that now the dark nights are on their way, more people like Shift and myself will get there on a Sunday.....or better still.....week night!!!!

No doubt our Leader will post soon with a rant as he's probs still out drinking in Scotland😜

AfroP
30-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Shifta is spot on, that's the same for me! Plus, agree with Keith, Sunday nights are awful! I'm really going to try to get there tonight if a few more people say that there going as its nearly an hour for me to get there.

Midweek racing is where it's at! If only there was another venue that we could use then I'm sure that there would be more drivers turn up.

Dynamix is out of the question now for me because of the northern weather.
I have been too busy this year with work to get to any other. Event than the regional there!
Fingers crossed he keeps it going until next year!

I'm sure that now the dark nights are on their way, more people like Shift and myself will get there on a Sunday.....or better still.....week night!!!!

No doubt our Leader will post soon with a rant as he's probs still out drinking in Scotland��


Not sure mid-week would be any better, and if I remember correctly from other threads about mid-week the current venue wouldn't be able to support it. besides there are 2 other north east clubs(Tyne met and Benton) that run through the week and they also struggle with numbers.
Dynamix was also running on Tuesday evenings and had difficulty with numbers there.

when the decision was made to move from Sunday afternoon to Sunday night one of the biggest supporters of the move was you. and now your saying they are "awful" no offense but that just seems a bit wrong to me. Can I ask what changed to make Sunday nights so awful? when previously you'd said :
"Get the racing on a Sunday night, finish a round earlier for kids with the adults good idea Pete, and there will be loads more drivers that can attend every week.
I will be able to attend as long as theres not a Worksop round on or an outdoor event that most members will be at anyway.

Come on.Sort it out please for the good of the hobby in the North East"


for me personally moving to mid week would be the end of racing.
I don't get in till 6pm(sometimes later) and have a 2 year old to look after when I do.

regardless of day or time that racing happens on I think the best thing to do is turn up to any club that your able to get to as often as your able to, in order to support the clubs that we have, regardless of who may or may not be going on the day.
supporting the clubs in the NE is the only way to attract more drivers and keep the clubs going

chris68nufc
30-09-2012, 01:17 PM
I really couldn't give a toss what your opinion is of anything I have to say.

Sunday nights are better than Sundays during the day that's correct however Sundays in general are awful, especially if not many turn up to race.

If there were 40 drivers turn up then Sunday evenings would be good, there's only a few so there not!

chris68nufc
30-09-2012, 01:27 PM
I've got 2 full sets of yellows NIP 4wd and 2wd with me tonight if anybody needs some?

mr emily
30-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Is there a meeting tonight then. Is anyone going. At the moment there seem to be about 4.

Shifta
30-09-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm going, just hope a few more turn up..

Steven Forster
30-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Sorry for not replying to any comments sooner, ive just got back from blackpool but yes i will be there aswell and will be opening up and will be setting of at 17:45..........see you there whoever turns up ;)

lazysurfer
03-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Not sure mid-week would be any better, and if I remember correctly from other threads about mid-week the current venue wouldn't be able to support it. besides there are 2 other north east clubs(Tyne met and Benton) that run through the week and they also struggle with numbers.
Dynamix was also running on Tuesday evenings and had difficulty with numbers there.

when the decision was made to move from Sunday afternoon to Sunday night one of the biggest supporters of the move was you. and now your saying they are "awful" no offense but that just seems a bit wrong to me. Can I ask what changed to make Sunday nights so awful? when previously you'd said :
"Get the racing on a Sunday night, finish a round earlier for kids with the adults good idea Pete, and there will be loads more drivers that can attend every week.
I will be able to attend as long as theres not a Worksop round on or an outdoor event that most members will be at anyway.

Come on.Sort it out please for the good of the hobby in the North East"


for me personally moving to mid week would be the end of racing.
I don't get in till 6pm(sometimes later) and have a 2 year old to look after when I do.

regardless of day or time that racing happens on I think the best thing to do is turn up to any club that your able to get to as often as your able to, in order to support the clubs that we have, regardless of who may or may not be going on the day.
supporting the clubs in the NE is the only way to attract more drivers and keep the clubs going

Just a note to everyone - Benton is NOT a midweek option - we moved to TyneMet and now run 7-10 Mondays. Please dont waste your time going along to Benton on a Thursday.
Cant beleive all the people on here saying "I'd go if there were more racers" if you went regularly there would be. Also "i'll go now its winter" doesnt help keep the club going. If people don't attend in the summer there won't be a club left for the winter!

chris68nufc
03-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Believe me ladysurfer, getting along to a club that runs on a Sunday in the summer is really difficult for the lads that run nationals and other bigger competitions. The calendar is almost full leaving no time at all for any family stuff.

The problem with Seaham is that there isn't enough club drivers like the drivers Tyne Met has. Tyne Met drivers, correct me if I'm wrong, don't do much other racing than club racing?

nobby
03-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Tyne Met drivers, correct me if I'm wrong, don't do much other racing than club racing?

I do.
You did say correct me if I'm wrong:p

mr emily
03-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Chris

Have you thought about this! Your not an F1 by virtue of qualifying places at nationals. So you gain your formula from regionals. Who arranges regionals, clubs do.
Club members allow their funds to be used to organise buy stuff etc. The club member put in their time to arrange these events. So your dependent upon club members who do not race at national events for your entry to event. How many f5's got an easy entry this year.

If clubs don't exist who will arrange your qualifying events for future years. In this region Jarrow, Durham/Tynemet, Teeside if they don't host a regional who will!! You may have to travel further afield to keep your formula, more time away from your family!!!!

We seriously need to look at clubs so that racing continues and regionals continue. Your continuing participation in national event depends upon it.

This is not really aimed at you but all of the people who want to continue at these other events.

I may be wrong but think about it!!

chris68nufc
03-10-2012, 05:46 PM
I know what your saying in principal but just me going or not going to Seaham is not its downfall...it's collectively everybody that's not going!

If there were no n east regionals I would have to travel to another region to get my F Grade. That's not my fault is it?

We need to get a club in the north east that run weeknights as IMO, there will be a more consistent attendance, even in the summertime.

Also, I have never suggested that all clubs should fold, therefore having no Regionals? Not sure where you were going with that one Keith?
I would love it if there were 80-90 drivers in nex years Regionals?

nobby
03-10-2012, 07:32 PM
We need to get a club in the north east that run weeknights as IMO, there will be a more consistent attendance, even in the summertime.

i'm really not having a dig chris so don't take this as if i'am, but you keep going on about needing to get a club in the northeast to run on a week night.
tynemet runs on a monday, and benfield runs on a friday.

why don't you race at one of though's clubs:confused:

lazysurfer
03-10-2012, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=chris68nufc;700529]I know what your saying in principal but just me going or not going to Seaham is not its downfall...it's collectively everybody that's not going!

We need to get a club in the north east that run weeknights

Typical of SAFC Christine - so you not attending seaham has no negative effect on the club, it's everyone else who doesn't go that's the problem? Really? Surely if everyone had that attitude there'd be NO clubs left. Yet again you say midweek racing is a better option-totally agree with what you say there but you never race at tynemet or benfield either. Maybe one day you'll post a helpful, positive or constructive comment on here without having a go at someone?

mr emily
03-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Dynamix ran on a Tuesday, It didn't always rain, there were some fine nights.

Sunday mornings too!!

mr emily
03-10-2012, 09:12 PM
So, we all agree there are enough venues. Just need people to chose one or more and support them.

Dust of your kit and get racing. If its ouside it's outside there will be some cold fine Sundays, I hope!

Frosty fingers!!

chris68nufc
03-10-2012, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=chris68nufc;700529]I know what your saying in principal but just me going or not going to Seaham is not its downfall...it's collectively everybody that's not going!

We need to get a club in the north east that run weeknights

Typical of SAFC Christine - so you not attending seaham has no negative effect on the club, it's everyone else who doesn't go that's the problem? Really? Surely if everyone had that attitude there'd be NO clubs left. Yet again you say midweek racing is a better option-totally agree with what you say there but you never race at tynemet or benfield either. Maybe one day you'll post a helpful, positive or obstructive comment on here without having a go at someone?
Midweek is between Monday and Friday....you absolute idiot!

Tyne Met is Monday. My wife works until 8.30pm and also the same on a Friday.
Anyway, keep your nose out...this is buggy racing!

chris68nufc
03-10-2012, 09:14 PM
i'm really not having a dig chris so don't take this as if i'am, but you keep going on about needing to get a club in the northeast to run on a week night.
tynemet runs on a monday, and benfield runs on a friday.

why don't you race at one of though's clubs:confused:
I'm not taking it as a dig Chris, just this once!!!! I was actually one of 5 or 6 people that turned up on Sunday, just ask Keith!!
God only knows what this has to do with the surf dude?

f888fhw
03-10-2012, 09:20 PM
I don't think that this is putting the club in a good light.....

Do you think you are going to get any new members to attend with threads like this?

lazysurfer
04-10-2012, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=lazysurfer;700613]
Midweek is between Monday and Friday....you absolute idiot!

Tyne Met is Monday. My wife works until 8.30pm and also the same on a Friday.
Anyway, keep your nose out...this is buggy racing!

I stuck my nose in just to point out that Benton does not exist anymore to save anyone wasting their time going along - no other reason - It WAS a thursday which IS between Monday and Friday but you never bothered to go their either. And you quoted "We need to get a club in the north east that run weeknights" - as far as I'm aware Monday IS a weeknight?
When we moved to TyneMet you were all "great a local weeknight club, I'll be there" but you have been once and posted negative comments even BEFORE you'd been!
So as usual what was posted as a helpful comment to prevent people wasting their time gets a direct response from you calling me Ladysurfer when you claim not to give a toss what people say.
I totally agree with f888fhw's comment but its always the same -Mr Stewart just can't help himself - and if he want's to be pedantic midweek is Wednesday

AfroP
04-10-2012, 05:10 PM
to point out that Benton does not exist anymore to save anyone wasting their time going along - no other reason - It WAS a thursday

sorry think thats my fault for mentioning benton
i got confused with benfield

its an easy mistake they both have "ben" in them :confused:

chris68nufc
04-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Ha ha!!! Good one! Very grown up calling people a cock...that wasn't very nice.

I can't believe you have got the nerve calling people insulting names when your a Ginger!!!

Loving this thread now!

Rhum51
04-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Sad to see this kind of talk here!
I think this thread should be locked .... kinda off topic now!
the bottom line is.... there are always ppl not happy about something!

nobby
04-10-2012, 06:14 PM
I agree that this thread is getting out of hand.
I was really considering coming along to have a race one Sunday night (Even if some people don't want me to)
Is this the the norm on a Sunday night?

Shifta
04-10-2012, 06:27 PM
This is sad to see..

Rhum51
04-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Is this the the norm on a Sunday night?
Not at all!

chris68nufc
04-10-2012, 06:56 PM
I agree that this thread is getting out of hand.
I was really considering coming along to have a race one Sunday night (Even if some people don't want me to)
Is this the the norm on a Sunday night?

Howay Chris, cut it out!
You have got no intention of racing at Seaham on a Sunday night! You were posting that to stir it up a bit more, you must think I'm daft!!

This has got out of hand as somebody posted something that wasn't true, and I bit!
Then, somebody decided to offend me by calling me a vulgar name after my iPhone changed their name to Lady instead of Lazy! I feel like I'm being cyber-bullied.
If anybody wants to race anywhere nobody can really stop them!
Maybe I'm banned from Tyne Met after this!

AfroP
04-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Is this the the norm on a Sunday night?

absolutely not

Sunday nights are always a fairly light hearted relaxed affair with a decent handful of folks that are always friendly, have some good banter and are always willing to help new folks like myself out.
it may not have 10-20 racers, but its still a good night and a good excuse to get out the house for a couple of hours and race.

dont let the tone of the thread here put you off attending seaham.

nobby
04-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Don't bother trying to have a go at me.
I know your a joke so don't bother.

To Seaham club.
I know how to get more People to race at the club.
Ban Chris Stewart:woot:

lazysurfer
04-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Howay Chris, cut it out!
You have got no intention of racing at Seaham on a Sunday night! You were posting that to stir it up a bit more, you must think I'm daft!!

This has got out of hand as somebody posted something that wasn't true, and I bit!
Then, somebody decided to offend me by calling me a vulgar name after my iPhone changed their name to Lady instead of Lazy! I feel like I'm being cyber-bullied.
If anybody wants to race anywhere nobody can really stop them!
Maybe I'm banned from Tyne Met after this!

Not banned at all Chris. Love to see you back racing with us. I believe you referred to me as a total idiot BEFORE I mentioned you were "fowl" ;-) LOL. If it was genuinely your phone - apologies but you do have previous! And it's hardly vulgar! Oh and BTW, nowt wrong with ginger :-) see you Monday?

lazysurfer
05-10-2012, 07:54 AM
sorry think thats my fault for mentioning benton
i got confused with benfield

its an easy mistake they both have "ben" in them :confused:
Hardly your fault Afro, genuine mistake, I only corrected it to save anyone a wasted journey, I wasn't looking for faults or anything:)

chris68nufc
05-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Not banned at all Chris. Love to see you back racing with us. I believe you referred to me as a total idiot BEFORE I mentioned you were "fowl" ;-) LOL. If it was genuinely your phone - apologies but you do have previous! And it's hardly vulgar! Oh and BTW, nowt wrong with ginger :-) see you Monday?
Wife works on Mondays so can't make it!
Thanks anyway!

lazysurfer
05-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Wife works on Mondays so can't make it!
Thanks anyway!

No probs. you're welcome when she's on hol!

dpackster1980
07-10-2012, 10:48 AM
absolutely not

Sunday nights are always a fairly light hearted relaxed affair with a decent handful of folks that are always friendly, have some good banter and are always willing to help new folks like myself out.
it may not have 10-20 racers, but its still a good night and a good excuse to get out the house for a couple of hours and race.

dont let the tone of the thread here put you off attending seaham.

Hit the nail on the head.

THE CLUB WILL NOT MOVE TO MIDWEEK RACING TO SUIT THOSE THAT DO NOT SUPPORT THE CLUB ALL YEAR ROUND. This will not be up for discussion as long as I'm chairman.

The name calling is shocking in this thread, I've only just read it and I'm disgusted. From the outside it looks truly awful and puts the club in a very bad light.

You should all be ashamed!