PDA

View Full Version : Stripping gears in gearbox


Roubaix
23-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi . I run 2 b44.1 cars but use 1 for bashing with a 5.5 t motor for speed etc but the plastic gears don't last long . I use the correct spacers in the housing also. Yes Its not how it should be treated . I have no probs with my race car at all .Any suggestions ?

RudolfXC
23-09-2012, 10:32 AM
There are blue anodised aluminium ones on eBay.

TheReferee
23-09-2012, 10:39 AM
check your slipper settings

BeachBuggyPhil
23-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah, loosen the slipper, it slips to prevent sudden violent inertia to idler gears and spurs from acceleration and jumping.

feniks
23-09-2012, 09:47 PM
chimm them ticht together helps aswell . sertanly after a few runs

Hog
26-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Try using a less violent motor than a 5.5 for bashing?

5.5 is really a race motor - and as such you'd expect to be doing regular diff rebuilds with it to keep it top notch.

The faster you go the quicker things wear out.

But deffo follow the advice given re your slipper.

Gsxrturtle
26-09-2012, 12:47 PM
sounds like you have the shims wrong in the diff housing. I stripped two in one meeting changed to 5 and 3 in stead of 6 and 2 they say in the manual, never had any more problems.