PDA

View Full Version : novak ss brushless combo 5800 /8.5 in 2wd


ianplimmer
26-05-2008, 02:49 PM
has anbody used the novak ss 8.5 in there 2wd ?

got chance of a cheap one so how will it compare to brushed 12t ?

dbizzle5
26-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Would of thought it would be alot slower mate. More like a 15t I think.

ianplimmer
26-05-2008, 02:55 PM
yeah thats what worries me,it may be ok indoor but struggle on grass

Colinevan
26-05-2008, 06:42 PM
In 2wd they are not slow trust me..

Iv had one, ran fantastic.

Im sure others will agree who still use them, and im pretty sure theyre much more powerful than a 15t....:woot:

ianplimmer
26-05-2008, 07:12 PM
suppose at 60 notes its worth a try would you say ?

i just wont be able to run anything hotter motor wise due to the speedo being rated at 8.5 max

dbizzle5
26-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Id save your money mate! Everyone is using 5.5 or 6.5 at least now outdoor aint they and even at worksop in winter most run 6.5 or 7.5 minimun.

super__dan
26-05-2008, 10:01 PM
With this years cells I'm really enjoying a 7.5 outdoors, that said I don't think I'd want anything slower unless on wet astro

Body Paint
26-05-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm now on a 7.5 in 2wd and it has plenty of go, with a li-po I recon 8.5 will be enough for most tracks. I beleive Cragg ran a 7.5 to win at Kiddy.