PDA

View Full Version : Naul indoor racing 2012/13


Pages : [1] 2

Click
30-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi Lads,

What a great days racing :D

Great to see the numbers back racing indoors.

Track was 'tweaked' as we went through the heats from racers feedback. Some jumps still need a little work but nothing major.

When you look at the track it seems very simple, but when you race on it you realise how tricky it actually is.

Roll on the winter :woot:

Kevin

Meath77
30-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Love the track. The jumps are great, they're all slightly different. The place is deadly, the pit area is better than before imho because we're not as spread out.
Good crowd today and a few guys that normally go are missing so numbers should increase.
Were you around for the end Kev? Thursday night racing looks like it's going to be moved to wednesday night, and also looks like the 3 qualfiers and 2 finals format is going ahead too

Wayne

Click
30-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Hi Wayne,

Had to head off once all the finals finished.

That's good news about the 3 heats and two finals.

Weds night sounds good, I need lots more practice!

Kevin

The Doktor
30-09-2012, 10:53 PM
I really enjoyed today. The track is great, tricky, but good. At least I didnt go home with a bag of broken stuff.
The work done by all involved was well worth it, the place is looking great.

noreargrip
01-10-2012, 09:07 AM
sorry I couldn't make it..very busy at work at the moment.so I worked Sunday ..on a positive note it will pay for my 44.2
I will be there as often as I can

celticpanman
01-10-2012, 12:24 PM
look forward to seeing you again mark

your always welcome

kartstuffer
04-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Yes, thanks to all who put the track together ( and its warmer than last year) just a little tweaking i think to make it flow a little more.( tabletop on a corner ?)
Well done guys:D

kartstuffer
14-10-2012, 09:05 PM
A good turnout to-day with A,B,& C finals in clubman & some great racing.
All getting ready for round 1 of the winter championship starting next Sunday.:thumbsup:

Rayzerp
15-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Really enjoyed the racing yesterday :thumbsup:

celticpanman
15-10-2012, 09:27 AM
enjoyed the day yesterday very happy roll on the winter season starts soon

Slim Shady
17-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Roll on the Winter Championship.. :drool:

Meath77
17-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah, should be good. And the best thing is the weather doesn't matter!

Click
21-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi Lads,

Great start to the club championship today.

Special mention goes to Alan & Lucy, great racers and improving race after race.

I wasn't able to keep up with Alan & I JUST about stayed ahead of Lucy. As they get older they get better, as I get older!!!:cry:

Its good to see the younger members of our club coming on so well.

The track is really beginner friendly + has some challanges for the more experienced racer.

Over time the track might develop more of a 'flow' with different 'feature' jumps but that's down to the racers and what they want.

Thanks to everybody for a great days racing, also thanks to Derek & Colin for their superfast changeover of my front steering geometry, their hands were moving so fast they were a blur:D

Kevin

kartstuffer
22-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Yes a great days racing with 20 drivers & not all regulars there. Now I don`t want to sound like i`m complaining because i`m not ( those who set it up and built the track have done a great job) ,but after a few weeks racing on the track I think that to progress we need to make the track more flowing and improve the jumps (to make them smoother & less harsh)
Does anyone else have any thoughts on this or is it only me:blush:.

kartstuffer
22-10-2012, 08:19 AM
We tried a mini yesterday on the astro and it was fine with Sch mini spike tyres on touring car rims rims so if anyone is interested in racing minis contact the club or come along to try one on any wednesday night or raceday (Sunday) as we only have to move some of the jumps as they are modular.

Click
22-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Yes a great days racing with 20 drivers & not all regulars there. Now I don`t want to sound like i`m complaining because i`m not ( those who set it up and built the track have done a great job) ,but after a few weeks racing on the track I think that to progress we need to make the track more flowing and improve the jumps (to make them smoother & less harsh)
Does anyone else have any thoughts on this or is it only me:blush:.

Hi,

I sort of agree!!!

At the moment I'd classify the track as tight & technical, point & squirt style.

Some racers prefer a more flowing, faster paced style track with more ambitious jumps.

I think the main thing the DMCC club needs to consider, IMHO, is that the track is always 'beginner' friendly. There is no point, IMHO, building an elobrate track for a handful of top racers when the club is mainly made up of the clubman class.(I'll now dig a big hole & jump into it:p )

A modified racer made a comment to me yesterday that they felt the track was encouraging bad driving habits, I do see their point but like everything in life you need to strike a good balance. There are some highly experienced racers in the DMCC club and their suggestions, along with all the other members views/opinions should be considered.

I'd like to see the track develop over time, why don't racers make proposals to the club on what changes they would like. Have some plans and/or photo's from other tracks so the DMCC have something to go on. I don't think there is any point asking for change and then walking away :blush: You need to have some idea what you would like and then we can all discuss what to do:D

kartstuffer
22-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Yes I agree with that but the point I am talking about is the up ramps in particular being at such an angle and length that when the front of a car hits it and compresses the suspension and then the rear hits at such a sharp angle it tries to somersault the car before it has a chance to settle which leads to a lot of unnecessary crashes for all abalities.If the up ramps had more of a curve at the entry point this might help ?
I`m no expert just trying to look at it from all levels of ability, I certainly dont want to make it more difficult for beginners (as we have a lot at the moment) just more flowing & not as frustrating.;)

Slim Shady
22-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Yea...Hats off to Team Thompson..Gud day at the races..:)

Click
22-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Yes I agree with that but the point I am talking about is the up ramps in particular being at such an angle and length that when the front of a car hits it and compresses the suspension and then the rear hits at such a sharp angle it tries to somersault the car before it has a chance to settle which leads to a lot of unnecessary crashes for all abalities.If the up ramps had more of a curve at the entry point this might help ?
I`m no expert just trying to look at it from all levels of ability, I certainly dont want to make it more difficult for beginners (as we have a lot at the moment) just more flowing & not as frustrating.;)

I know what you mean, it depends on how you look at them, are they obstacles to get over cleanly or are they jumps? If they are jumps then they need to be modified, if its an obstacle then it is what it is and you have to figure out the best way to get over them and still get a good lap time:D

It would be interesting to hear from some of the other racers, next time at the track we can hold a short meeting? I'll bring the biscuits :D and Dave will make the tea:woot:

Click
22-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Yea...Hats off to Team Thompson..Gud day at the races..:)

2nd that, fantastic racing from all in Team Thompson. Alan & Lucy are top clubman(person?) racers and the other guy isn't bad either;)

Sv1keith
22-10-2012, 02:46 PM
I agree with your points on this topic jumps are a bit crazy and a lot of on off driving with not enough flow considering the old naul was a slightly bigger track and able to put in quicker lap times compaired to the new naul. Don't pick me up wrong about this very happy the club is indoors with dry conditions just some minor tweeks and fine tuning it will be flying for all to enjoy . Oh one other thing 10am start can this happen with 11am first race

Click
22-10-2012, 08:12 PM
I agree with your points on this topic jumps are a bit crazy and a lot of on off driving with not enough flow considering the old naul was a slightly bigger track and able to put in quicker lap times compaired to the new naul. Don't pick me up wrong about this very happy the club is indoors with dry conditions just some minor tweeks and fine tuning it will be flying for all to enjoy . Oh one other thing 10am start can this happen with 11am first race

I think we are all saying the same thing, we just need to agree two things:

1. What changes need to be made?

2. Who is going to make the changes and when?

Sv1keith
22-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Well the committee have to make the 1st move on that I think unless race director makes changes himself could be wrong do ...

Could dmcc drivers voice any opinion regarding this matter also could practice days be run on a sat as midweek don't suit me due to work just some room for thought and pay for elec as we use it

Slim Shady
22-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Hey Keith..Thanks for the replacement diff gear mate..I owe ya one..fair play..Cheers Tony.

Mugenextreme
22-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Lads we have the AGM coming up soon. Just a idea but could a group of 3 or 4 be nominated to look after the track setup. Rather the pile another job on the current committee / new committee. This group could be tasked with gauging feedback from the different sections of the club and between them come up with solutions to build and improve the track layout and design.

kartstuffer
22-10-2012, 10:47 PM
If those two get any quicker i will be back in Clubman and let them go mod ! or else i will be resigned to mechanic my fingers aren`t as quick as theres.
Keith (if you pay the monthly fee )and want to practice on saturday or any other time I think you just have to collect keys from Graham who is beside the place.
On the track layout I think we either decide to try and improve it or as you say live with it, but as we are only up and running i think there is room to improve the layout to make it more driver freindly and still a challenge.:drool:

Click
22-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Lads we have the AGM coming up soon. Just a idea but could a group of 3 or 4 be nominated to look after the track setup. Rather the pile another job on the current committee / new committee. This group could be tasked with gauging feedback from the different sections of the club and between them coming up with solutions to build and improve the track layout and design.

Sounds like a plan. :thumbsup:

Sv1keith
23-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Glad it worked out ray ... Colin who's going to do the nominating or should people put there name forward

celticpanman
23-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi all
Glad to hear that you all had a great days racing.

Yes the track can be changed once we agree what way to go.
At the moment only the race director and committee can approve changes

The jumps were put in as a STARTING point and can be changed as we find fit.
What we wanted to change was the large awkward jumps we had last time ( from access and marshalling ) to something more friendly.

The up ramp can be changed easily and will just take time, something we can do over time.

I do not think it should be changed just because 1 car or a small few cant manage it or do not like it. It should be a majority WHICH MAKES THE TRACK BETTER FOR ALL.
( DO NOT TAKE ME WRONG AND NOT POINTING FINGERS HERE )

By the way this is exactly why the winter race 2012 was postponed.
We need to tweak this and make it better for the club.

celticpanman
23-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Sorry had to go there for a while

Only those who have paid the monthly amount can avail of unlimited racing and the key can be collected from me once i have advance notice
just dont arrive up expecting me to wait in all day

having 1 or 2 looking after track changes is not a bad idea as suggested (once it is not set up just for them )

Any ideas that make things better for the club and promote the sport will always be welcome

Mugenextreme
23-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Sorry had to go there for a while

Only those who have paid the monthly amount can avail of unlimited racing and the key can be collected from me once i have advance notice
just dont arrive up expecting me to wait in all day

having 1 or 2 looking after track changes is not a bad idea as suggested (once it is not set up just for them )

Any ideas that make things better for the club and promote the sport will always be welcome


I would be quite happy to put my name in the hat for working on the track development.

Click
23-10-2012, 11:41 AM
I'd also be interested. It would be good if we also had a newbe on the track development team.

kartstuffer
23-10-2012, 12:22 PM
I know youre not pointing fingers ( just because I have been moaning about the track from day 1).I am also not pointing fingers as you guys did a great job putting it all together I just feel that the cars are taking a hammering unnecessarily ,mostly on the sharp up ramps.I might notice this more as I am trying to keep 5 cars running and see what damage is happening most frequently.
I think all who race regularly should have an input into what style of track they want to race on & I would be thinking more of the new drivers here.:D:p

celticpanman
23-10-2012, 12:29 PM
I agree. And ps not pointing at you at all

Just general

kartstuffer
23-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Just had a look at the new Maratime track ,Don`t know how to link it but it`s on oople , what do you think.Wall of death at btm right hand corner and crossover in the middle to avoid hesd to head on the 2 straights???

celticpanman
23-10-2012, 03:50 PM
hi

is this the one you mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcyR4rlrG1Q&feature=related

h0m3sy
23-10-2012, 04:29 PM
....

Sv1keith
23-10-2012, 04:47 PM
I'd like too throw my name into the hat as a newbie

kartstuffer
23-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Hi
No this is not it.
There is a new permament track just laid ,sorry i`m not more computer literate .
Look on oople maratime raceway off road wars rd 1 report .
It was only submitted today.
Just to get an idea of what they are diong and we might learn from it ??
Some of this could be incorporated into our layout in principal.

Mugenextreme
23-10-2012, 10:17 PM
http://www.maritimeracing.info/images/stories/shine.jpgThis what u are talking about Ivan

Sv1keith
23-10-2012, 10:31 PM
That looks savage we should all charge our batteries o wait for our drills

kartstuffer
23-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Yep thats the one ,
I think a variation of this could be done ,what do you think??:D

celticpanman
24-10-2012, 09:23 AM
A variation yes. But no way as tall
Remember how many car parts broke the first year we ran in naul with jumps and a huge tabletop
Crazy
It has to be drivable for all abilities
A corner table top yes
Wall of unbelievable DEATH not in favour

Not all the jumps built for our track were supposed to be jumps. Some are supposed to slow you down
The up ramps can be changed to a curve no probs

kartstuffer
24-10-2012, 11:29 AM
I did not mean an exact copy of this but it gives an idea of what can be done with the space we have.Tabletop on a corner so you have to slow for it (at Micks corner onto the straight)
In the photo I wouldnt call that a wall of death ( which i wouldnt be in favour of) more a banked curve.Bottom right corner !
Possibly a similar style crossover in front of the rostrum which would equate to a more flowing style of track instead of what we have now (which is point & squirt )to suit all abilities.
We need input from everyone as i think it is possible to have a great track with the facility we have.
I would be prepared to help with the track as much as i can.;)

Slim Shady
24-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi Lads,

I have to agree with Ivan on that one as he well described it..."Point and Squirt".
Well said,I am only a novice but I feel the same..I think its the severity of the angel on the up ramps that is a bit difficult,maybe we could have a smoother incline into the ramps..At the same time this is no excuse for my crap driving..also great work done by the DMCC in the back ground to get this venue sorted for the club.But these are only teething problems that I am sure we will sort out soon..Anyone going to practice tonight..

Tony.

noreargrip
24-10-2012, 02:15 PM
are you guys running on Sunday ?....I know its the rccaoi agm..
jumps?....the last layout at naul of old and jumps were first class..best jumps of anywhere ive raced..I take it all that old stuff has gone..

celticpanman
25-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Yes mark
Racing as usual

Click
25-10-2012, 05:25 PM
All this chat about the track is great :thumbsup:

My comments are coming as a DMCC club member, I'm not on the committee nor do I have any say greater than any other club member.

Obviously no decisions are going to be made on Oople:rolleyes: but its good to see what club members might want.

The DMCC committee can decide if they want a track changing team(TCT), if yes then this is what I propose:

1. The TCT get suggestions from racers who should have a design worked out. No point in saying 'I want a better jump':cry: you need to have something on paper (ideally a picture of a jump from another track etc.)

2. The TCT team put the suggestion(s) to the racers. This could be done during a normal club race day asking for a show of hands on who would like the change(s).

3. The TCT would then and only then propose these changes to the DMCC committee who will then make the final decision. The DMCC can look into the costing of the jumps and the scheduling of the build etc.

4. The TCT team then organise the building of the jumps depending on the decision of the committee.

I think the above allows for everybody in the club to have their say and for alterations to take place but also restricts any individual from altering the track to suit themselves.

The Doktor
25-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Good idea there kev... makes it democratic as a club should be. Also following those guidelines, it means that if someone doesnt like somthing, they have to go and come up with an alternative so puts an end to moaning (cos now you can do somthing about it if you really want)
Might be somthing that needs to be brought in at the AGM, not sure about that??

Though Im only going for it if its called the Track Improvement Team... and you are Chief TIT. Ill be one of the smaller TITs if you like.

Click
25-10-2012, 07:16 PM
:lol::lol::D:D:lol::lol::thumbsup::p

kartstuffer
25-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know the size of the current track 9 x 30 ??

mxer_kk
26-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone, good to see racing still going well. I haven't raced since about 1992, St. Annes (RC10, Cougar & Turbo Mid Optima) but hope to bring my son down on Sunday to see the action. We offer our services as marshals and we will bring biscuits! Looking forward to meeting ye.
Ian and Sean.

Meath77
26-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Mmmm, biscuits!
Hope to see you there

kartstuffer
05-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Another good day at the Naul yesterday, good racing and more new faces.It is great to have somewhere when the weather is like it was yesterday, and the tweaks to the track improving it week by week.:thumbsup:

h0m3sy
05-11-2012, 12:38 PM
....

kartstuffer
05-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Hiya Dave ,
Just saw some of your posts, you dont need all the bling ,I have gone back to kit std and am going better???
Alan now has one in clubman (std set up) and is flying in it.(Now Lucy wants one):rolleyes:

kartstuffer
05-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Maybe go up 1 or 2 steps in the springs I prefer it a little stiffer Alan dosen`t.

h0m3sy
05-11-2012, 04:12 PM
....

mxer_kk
07-11-2012, 06:18 PM
We are 1/3 of the way complete on the Mad Monkey build for Sean. All the bits on order to kit it out. Daddy has just ordered a spare monkey for himself to ahem test (race) Don't tell the missus. Racing bug definitely re-activated.

We are bringing a box of old-school stuff to DMCC racing on sunday for any one interested.

1 gold pan rc10, 1 cougar mark1 and some nice touring car bodyshells.

We will pop up on Sunday for a chat and to get help with our build!

All the best

Ian

Click
11-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Big thanks to everybody for a great days racing today.

Many thanks to Vicky for providing hot food:D

It was great to see all the younger racers having a good time and not just racing their cars:D


Kevin

Meath77
11-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Food was great, nice on a cold day getting a hot sausage inside you


http://www.51allout.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Kenneth-Williams.jpg

kartstuffer
19-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Another good day at The Naul yesterday as the track gets used more the racing gets closer, or is it just me getting used to it ! & now lets change the track *!@? .
Ok I know I was pushing for this but lets keep the flow it has now with the sleeping POLICEMEN gone.:D

celticpanman
19-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Sleeping policemen ROCK

Meath77
20-11-2012, 10:38 AM
I like changing the track every so often, makes it more interesting.
Ivan, what are you feeding Lucy? Easily the most improved driver at the club over the last year.

kartstuffer
20-11-2012, 01:59 PM
She wont eat so it must be the car "210s" rock or so she says!!:woot:
Not bad for her first time driving a 210.

Rayzerp
25-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Great day racing in the Naul.....really enjoyed the new track layout :)

kartstuffer
26-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Yes !! A great new layout ,makes everything flow much more, well done to all.:thumbsup:

Mugenextreme
26-11-2012, 10:46 AM
did anyone take a picture

Meath77
26-11-2012, 11:04 AM
It's only half finished, don't get too fond of it!

dmcracing
02-12-2012, 04:00 PM
It's only half finished, don't get too fond of it!
Think you need to start again,not good!:thumbdown:

kartstuffer
03-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Two straights back to back need to be sorted .I kept saying it was a head on waiting to happen, and yesterday it happened a few times!!We need some experienced guys to help with the track.

Mugenextreme
03-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Ivan following the instructions on the email from the club last week with regards to track issues. I forwarded on a 4 page pdf yesterday to are drivers rep highlighting issues with the track. Its the Rep who is the one who needs to propose changes to the committee on are behalf.

I am currently working on some track layout proposals . If you have any ideas forward them on and we can submit them in one document.

h0m3sy
03-12-2012, 03:36 PM
....

kartstuffer
04-12-2012, 10:15 AM
I brought the origional track change ideas and photos out last month ( basically a simplified copy of the new ardent)and since then the comittee has changed and the way of implementing the track changes has as well.
I will run anyway but why not make it the best we can ,thats all I am saying!

h0m3sy
04-12-2012, 12:04 PM
....

Click
04-12-2012, 02:52 PM
I think we all want what's best for the club and all the racers involved, young and old.

I think the track still needs some work, I look upon it as evolving over time BUT if others have suggestions on some major re-design AND are willing to be involved in the physical change then I'm 100% behind such changes.

We have a great location, a great bunch of racers and the potential to create a great track (how many more times can I put great into a sentence!)

Lets all try to work together and make the track the best it can be:thumbsup:

Just as Jack says: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVY1V8fXBmY
(Nobody mention what happens after the handshake :p )

h0m3sy
04-12-2012, 03:52 PM
....

Meath77
04-12-2012, 04:48 PM
I sent an email off to Lee today as well, it's a good idea I think having a track rep. Everyone can have a say then and this way, it will be brought to the committee attention for approval or not, whatever the case may be. No point in coming on here moaning its no good and then doing nothing about it. Lets get those ideas sent in lads.
Bang on, no point moaning about the track and not doing anything about it. Or worse, moaning about it but not coming up with any suggestion to change it.
Would be great to have a few layouts that could be voted on. I vote for a big oval :D

h0m3sy
11-12-2012, 09:34 PM
....

Click
11-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Hi Dave,

(I'm not speaking for the DMCC or the committee, just my personal opinions)

Yep, a good few changes were made. We had your list, Colins and others suggestions and changed as many things as we could on Tuesday evening.

I think the overall comments from most of the racers on Sunday was positive, they liked the track and it has improved.

There are still some changes that could/will be made but for the moment I think everybody just wants to leave this layout as is for a while.

I'm sure others will pop on & give their feedback :D

Meath77
27-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Full house on the rostrum today:

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/Meath77/20130127_153759.jpg

kartstuffer
27-01-2013, 09:54 PM
The best days racing yet at this track & it can only get better.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Doktor
27-01-2013, 10:40 PM
The best days racing yet at this track & it can only get better.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Was really good racing today, maybe thats just cos i have my 210 going the way i want it. :woot:

noreargrip
27-01-2013, 11:44 PM
great fun today..thanks all..

celticpanman
28-01-2013, 01:40 AM
glad you enjoyed it

I WAS HOPING TO SEE THE B44 AREA 51 BEATER going around

i guess i will have to wait till next time

ahh well
maybe the man flu will be gone by then hhmmmmm

after all you have the national title to defend in 2wd should be easy to do the double

noreargrip
28-01-2013, 10:25 AM
lol..had the 44.2 out after for a run.was pretty good.ill maybe give her it's Irish racing debut next week :)
it's not the man flu it's just laziness..
was speaking to mick o'leary about the Irish nats..I would like them all to be at the naul..as re-hashed 1/8 tracks are useless..but apparently naul doesn't measure up as the rules state..??...I was told its to do with the lane width..personally I don't care about that..if we all can race on it and we all enjoy it who cares .its the only real venue weve got.
you had a really good turn out which is great..at the nationals outside of naul last year we had hardly enough to cover marshaling and this year won't be any different..

Rayzerp
28-01-2013, 11:39 AM
lol..had the 44.2 out after for a run.was pretty good.ill maybe give her it's Irish racing debut next week :)
it's not the man flu it's just laziness..
was speaking to mick o'leary about the Irish nats..I would like them all to be at the naul..as re-hashed 1/8 tracks are useless..but apparently naul doesn't measure up as the rules state..??...I was told its to do with the lane width..personally I don't care about that..if we all can race on it and we all enjoy it who cares .its the only real venue weve got.
you had a really good turn out which is great..at the nationals outside of naul last year we had hardly enough to cover marshaling and this year won't be any different..

I agree. I was at all of the national rounds last year: The first round at the naul was excellent, I thought the ballymena track was great but the turnout was terrible, Navan was a demolition derby and in fairness griffen was a great day (Lucky with weather) but light enough on bodies too.
The 8 car 2wd modified final was fine at the Naul yesterday....even with me as a mobile chicane with a loose servo saver and an inch of steering travel being lapped by Mark every 2 laps.
I see no reason why attendance would be higher at the 8th scale tracks this year and in fairness it is the numbers racing that makes for a great day.......how far off is the naul from the min track width?

celticpanman
28-01-2013, 11:52 AM
hi Ray

The straight in Naul is 2.5m wide with the rest of the track 2m wide

this was the minimum but is was changed at the rccaoi agm so i believe ( as i'm not a member ) to 2.4m min with the straight to 3m

hope that helps

noreargrip
28-01-2013, 12:07 PM
sounds like 1/8 dimensions..who is likely to go with a measuring tape and object?..I don't see a problem..can't see a point in anyone objecting ..I realise the choice of tracks is huge ....not lol..wouldn't bother me running nationals there..better than somewhere else with 8 drivers at most showing up..
I'm all for the sport, and I couldn't care about rccaoi guidelines on track size..what real harm would it do..
it would benefit the sport and all racers if naul was used.
it's the only track in Ireland we have..
have dmcc been approached about this?

celticpanman
28-01-2013, 12:33 PM
under new reg's (agreed at the last RCCAOI agm )a club has to apply to hold a round
after applying (which the DMCC has ) i believe they will be informed, if successful, which round they will host.
Then after that an inspection will be carried out be the 1/10th rep as to suitability of the venue's ability to hold a round
Last years track width (2m) was std and i believe better as it made the racing line tighter and a drivers ability tested as to how and where he can get past.
This i believe makes for better drivers and closer racing
The bigger the track, the easier to pass, therefore no challenge
All my ideas and thoughts ONLY

Mugenextreme
28-01-2013, 01:54 PM
hi Ray

The straight in Naul is 2.5m wide with the rest of the track 2m wide

this was the minimum but is was changed at the rccaoi agm so i believe ( as i'm not a member ) to 2.4m min with the straight to 3m

hope that helps

min track width is 2.4m wide, for the starting straight it should be 3m min and 20m long min.

Click
28-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Hi Lads,

My comments are my own & do not represent the DMCC or RCCAOI.

My spin on this is simple, if the majority of racers who plan on racing in the National Championship don't have a problem with the existing track in the Naul then I don't see a problem.

IF the RCCAOI ignore the racers (I'm not saying they will) and decide the track is not suitable due to track width/length issues then I don't see how this supports and encourages the growth of RC racing in Ireland, which is one of the RCCAOI's main remits.

I'm sure it will all work out OK, all I know is that it was fantastic to see so many racers at the track on Sunday, somebody said 18+ in 2WD clubman:woot:

I think if the focus is on supporting RC racing in Ireland and encouraging new racers to get involved then I can see a bright future:D

Meath77
28-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Wasn't at the agm, anyone know why the width was changed? :confused:

When you think about it, a round was held in Navan last year which has all criteria for a national round again but almost everyone hated racing there, but the track in the Naul which everyone is happy with is deemed to be not up to spec! :woot:

Especially when last year it would have been fine, but not this year cos of a slight rule change.

noreargrip
28-01-2013, 04:23 PM
I feel we are too small a bunch of enthusiasts to be picky..anyway those rules arent law biding , just guidelines as I see it..but let's not be awkward about it.
If the majority are ok with naul then this is where the interest of the sport has to be seen as.otherwise the rccaoi series will be as big a flop as last year.thats what I'm worried about.
I attended all the rccaoi and brca sanctioned events I could.i saw the attendance and we hardly had enough people to Marshall..I just don't want that again.
I don't care about the rules in this area..when a naul club round had maybe 4 times the amount of drivers it has to be taken into account..
I'd let all the 1/10 members have a say of where the races will be held at each round.. Then there can be no arguments ..
maybe I'm thinking too much..just let see what happens.

Mugenextreme
28-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Looking at the propoasal form the agm the change made was to increase the min track width from 2m to 2.4m. The 3m on the straight is nothing new.If i am not mistaken the extra track width is suppose to help on tracks where lanes are further away making it easier to drive.

Click
28-01-2013, 05:53 PM
I feel we are too small a bunch of enthusiasts to be picky..anyway those rules arent law biding , just guidelines as I see it..but let's not be awkward about it.
If the majority are ok with naul then this is where the interest of the sport has to be seen as.otherwise the rccaoi series will be as big a flop as last year.thats what I'm worried about.
I attended all the rccaoi and brca sanctioned events I could.i saw the attendance and we hardly had enough people to Marshall..I just don't want that again.
I don't care about the rules in this area..when a naul club round had maybe 4 times the amount of drivers it has to be taken into account..
I'd let all the 1/10 members have a say of where the races will be held at each round.. Then there can be no arguments ..
maybe I'm thinking too much..just let see what happens.

Same feelings I have, lets just see what happens. Hopefully the RCCAOI will make the sensible decision for the good of the sport.

h0m3sy
28-01-2013, 06:59 PM
....

kartstuffer
29-01-2013, 08:52 AM
I think you have to go to where the drivers are ,simple no?
Lets just race & have a bit of funnnnnnnnnnnnn.:woot:

Click
29-01-2013, 09:14 AM
I think you have to go to where the drivers are ,simple no?
Lets just race & have a bit of funnnnnnnnnnnnn.:woot:

Well said that man :D

Mugenextreme
30-01-2013, 12:17 AM
You know what lads i am throwing it out there because i think it a pity nobody it seems is interested in traveling for National rounds and most would rather stay and race in one venue all year round. In my mind now it doesnt even make sence to have a National series at one venue just to have numbers when there are a number of venues out there looking to host rounds. Where is the challenge in one venue, how does this develop the class and you as a driver/mechanic. Me personally I would much rather race at different tracks tackle different obstacles try and work on new setups then race at one track which varies very little.

To be far not everyone is happy racing at the Naul. For me personally the Naul doesnt do anything for me , i am not excited about racing there and i dont feel benefit me in any way to race there week in week out. Happy to race every now and again but not every week. Thats not to take away from the work that has been done by everyone in the club sofar, fair play but for me this is where i stand.

There are a number of comments pointing to the rccaoi and seeing sence with regards venues doing whats best for the sport. For me personally i see that as utillizing venues available to us and running these different tracks, supporting other clubs trying if we can to raise the profile of the class Nationally. Trying to build up relationships with other clubs, bring concerns or ideas to the table for are classes needs so in time we can develop are racing. To turn our backs on what is available because of one bad days racing its a crying shame. There are 52 weeks in the year lads and for most you wont even for 3 or 4 of those weekends try somewhere new which is a shame. Before someone has a bitch about anything i have said, this is aimed at all drivers be it in the south or the north, we are all guilty in some respects with regards to supporting series outside of our clubs be it the Irish National / brca Regionals and even the winter series to an extent. There are always guys looking for these events to happen think its a great thing and then dont turn up to the extent that there was no winter series and most likely but not confirmed no Brca regionals this year which is a shame. Whats going to be next the Irish National??

Rant over

kartstuffer
30-01-2013, 09:29 AM
I see your point Colin and sort of agree with it , but I think there are not enough experienced drivers for this yet.
There are so many new drivers at the moment that we need to concentrate on bringing them along and then matters will take their own course.
At the moment we need to concentrate and build on what we have.
Just a thought ( I have seen things disappear in other forms of motorsport by trying to move too quickly)

Rayzerp
30-01-2013, 09:55 AM
I agree with most of Colin`s points too and I love to go to different tracks and have the challenge of racing on them but last year i did go (Even stayed overnight in Ballymena to attend that race) and there was hardly anybody there.....and as I said previously I dont see why it would be different this year .....i wish it was. I enjoyed racing at the tracks in Ballymena and Navan but there was 3 times as many racers in the naul last sunday...i dont know what the solution is but being realistic a repeat of last years nationals will give the same result....need to see what worked and what didnt and learn from that....and in fairness it should reflect the type of racer who is commited to the sport and is out every sunday of the year (and I am not in that group)

Mugenextreme
30-01-2013, 10:07 AM
I do agree Ivan that there are new drivers who lack experience and maybe for them Nationals , regional whats ever are not for them and these guys need a chance at club level to develop enough to be comfortable. National/regionals are not everyones cup of tea. Again we are only talking 3 - 4 weeks a year with no club racing. There are very few people racing the other 48 weeks a year surely as a club or group of racers we can make the effort for those few weekends.
There is a large enough section of whom have a few years racing under their belt and its these guys who we need to get out there. Get them out of there comfort zone to help improve them to the next level otherwise they will be stuck at a point with no development. The new guys wont have lads to learn from because they lack experience.
In the end what may happen is if there is no development of the section the lads who want to compete and challenge themselves or be challenged will end up racing elsewhere in different classes taking that racing knowledge out of the class and leaving a void which will be very hard to fill.

h0m3sy
30-01-2013, 10:15 AM
....

noreargrip
30-01-2013, 12:04 PM
this isn't a public slagging match..this is just a few members who are rc nerds discussing their hobby..that's what forums are for..there is nothing personal being said here..no one is having a go at anyone or the rccaoi..there may be issues between certain individuals I don't know and don't really care what it's about..
it's nobody's fault it's the way it is..there isn't the proper venues for 1/10..
the rccaoi can't help that nor can we..
1/8 tracks of course arnt perfectly suitable for us but at the same time I don't expect these clubs to go out of their way to accommodate ..they have given us their tracks to use and slightly change to try to entice 1/10 as it befifits them too in numbers racing..I thank them for this..
I've know people on and off all my life and some just prefer the relaxed nature of club racing..
tbh I still prefer the focus and pressure bigger events and nationals give but at the same time I'd prefer to go to a club round with 30+ drivers than a national with 10 split across 2 classes..there's just no atmosphere ..
I don't have the answers..I don't think it will improve and the next step? who knows.

h0m3sy
30-01-2013, 01:21 PM
....

noreargrip
30-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/HLtyXz-aUbw

great indoor track I found.

Click
30-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/HLtyXz-aUbw

great indoor track I found.

Great track :woot: & I think it's in a smaller space than we have in the Naul? or about the same?

The only comment I have regarding all the recent posts is:

We have many more things in common than there are differences between us

kartstuffer
30-01-2013, 03:36 PM
You will gain more experience by attending 4 national rounds or another big event in a season than you will racing a whole year in the one place, I'm sorry Ivan but the class will become stale if it stays the same and the newcomers will learn next to nothing .

Dont agree fully with that Dave.
Newcomers i think need to feel competent at a club level ie. ( drive a race without crashing) before moving on to compete in a national etc.
Yes the big events are more challenging and fun but they have to have the numbers to be so.
If you go to a National you want to compete not just make up the numbers.
You will definately learn more competing against 20 drivers at a club round than 3 or 4 all a lap apart at a national ! :)
Dont take this the wrong way as there is a definite need for national`s etc but this class is only taking off now so lets all work at it to further the interest and do what is best for the sport.

kartstuffer
30-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/HLtyXz-aUbw

great indoor track I found.


Great looking track apart from that thing in the far left corner:woot:.

Just goes to show what could be done in the space we have in the Naul.

h0m3sy
30-01-2013, 03:51 PM
....

Rayzerp
30-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Just goes to show what could be done in the space we have in the Naul.[/QUOTE]

They have made great use of the space available....looks fantastic :thumbsup:

celticpanman
30-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Hello all
This is my opinion only I do not speak on behalf of any group

I do feel that the nationals are important and should be kept.

I DO FEEL THAT THERE SHOULD BE A MIXTURE OF VENUES and certainly not kept in the one venue
This will not develop driver ability ( AS COLIN SAID )
Driver development should be encouraged as much as possible, after all that is how one will only improve.

The problem as i see it is there are not enough drivers either to compete or interested in competing as such a high level.
They are either not good enough ( and do not see the point in competing as there is no chance in getting anywhere, for what ? ),
not experienced enough (big events can make a newcomer or learner feel out of place) as SOMETIMES when they need some help in setup people are busy and to caught up in their own day, forgetting others,
or just plain not interested in that level and just want to remain at club level as they enjoy it or suits them.
I have no interest in racing at that level yet as personally I’m not consistent enough yet to benefit from it.
Either way there are racers out there who need, want or have to have the nationals to better their ability and fair enough they should have the series. But if the nationals want to attract more, it needs to be more driver friendly, easier for beginners, fairer, and above all ALL DRIVERS treating everyone else with respect and courtesy.

Stop NAGGING, MOANING, WHINGING when the slightest goes wrong or “He did this “ “ he did that “ “that’s not fair” Rules are there for a reason and if you are going to race at that level, new, learner drivers, should be shown what is expected at the level and EXPERIENCED DRIVERS should lead by example.

We all want the sport to grow so
1 lets work together,
2 Support other venues
3 Remove or cut the red tape that is been created. It is a hobby not F1

The naul venue is UNFORTUNATELY restricted in width. There is nothing we can do about it. It is only 10.5m wide and therefore only so much we can do.
I love the video and great track yes but that is wider than we have so not possible.
Also there is the financial aspect. We only have a limited budget to do things but we hope to ( in time ) change it and make a few things better, but this will only depend on the size available.

This is a general observation meant to be taken constructively.

The Doktor
30-01-2013, 05:38 PM
.........

noreargrip
31-01-2013, 10:23 AM
hi guys..just a point about the video..ive read some posts about the video and comparisons with naul..I didn't post the video to say we should do this or do that..it is a great little track that I really liked and thought id share it..I had no intention of pointing it out to dmcc as an example of what needs to be done.i hope they take it in the context it was meant..if a few ideas are taken from it then fine but meant no disrespect to what they have already done..the club has helped me this last two years with constant racing at their club to bring me to the level I'm at now..things take time and money..I rather enjoy naul at the moment..track is really technical and you can't take your eye off the ball for one second or you will crash..good concentration practice lol..

celticpanman
31-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Hi Mark
All was taken in good spirits
I was not getting at anybody
I know you were not getting at the track or anything like that
What i said was a general opinion
This is all for discussion to see how we can make things grow and get better
Not aimed at you or what anyone said

kartstuffer
04-03-2013, 09:22 AM
What a great days racing yesterday in all classes, good clean close racing well done to all and a real close finish lined up for the championships with it all at stake going into the final round.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Doktor
04-03-2013, 06:29 PM
What a great days racing yesterday in all classes, good clean close racing well done to all and a real close finish lined up for the championships with it all at stake going into the final round.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Agreed, really enjoyed it. Specially 4wd! :p

Rayzerp
04-03-2013, 06:54 PM
What a great days racing yesterday in all classes, good clean close racing well done to all and a real close finish lined up for the championships with it all at stake going into the final round.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah great days racing yesterday.....especially enjoyed the about 8 minute 2wd heat in middle of day!!!!

mixer
04-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Yeah great days racing yesterday.....especially enjoyed the about 8 minute 2wd heat in middle of day!!!!

Ya thanks vicky

Meath77
05-03-2013, 11:33 AM
I was thinking that race seemed long.
It's great having the numbers there, means that there's a better chance of racers there at your level.

Rayzerp
05-03-2013, 11:47 AM
I think one Sunday with clubman and Mod combined would be interesting!!!:o

The Doktor
05-03-2013, 04:25 PM
I think one Sunday with clubman and Mod combined would be interesting!!!:o

No way!! because Alan will kicks our modified asses !!

tony6187
05-03-2013, 06:56 PM
I think one Sunday with clubman and Mod combined would be interesting!!!:o
yeah think that would be interesting:lol: although i have to agree with lee about alan :cry: .hmm wonder if i could link the centro and bmax side by side,that would make overtaking interesting:p

h0m3sy
06-03-2013, 12:04 AM
....

kartstuffer
06-03-2013, 12:10 PM
If the F1 guys said that about Monaco we would lose the biggest draw on the F1 calendar;)

The Doktor
06-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Funnily enough i thought of f1 as well. Remember nigel mansell at catalunya trying to get past senna, and taking him on comming onto the straight to win the race.

So i had a look into it, seems there is a similar argument in f1 about "passing oppertunities". They have some serious designers working on tracks trying to make it so you can pass while still making the race interesting. And they dont seem to be too sucessful at it.

The Naul is not too small, theres plenty of tracks similar size and smaller, most bigger ones are temporary. Or outdoors.
I remember plenty of times on the previous naul track being behind another car waiting for a door to open to get past, hoping someone would make a mistake (Ivan).

If you are on pace, on the line, no matter how big or wide a track is, no one is getting past. Unless we have an oval or a layby to pull over for lunch.

Rayzerp
06-03-2013, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=If you are on pace, on the line, no matter how big or wide a track is, no one is getting past. Unless we have an oval or a layby to pull over for lunch.[/QUOTE]

Or a Rallycross style Joker Lap!!!:lol::lol::lol:

h0m3sy
06-03-2013, 01:32 PM
....

The Doktor
06-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Or a Rallycross style Joker Lap!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Have you seen my rc tiger tank? It weighs 4 kg ... And shoots ;).... Now, outta my way!

Slim Shady
06-03-2013, 03:41 PM
I can hear the A TEAM music in the background Lee...

kartstuffer
06-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Before anyone else jumps on my " comment ", it's not a criticism , it's an observation of how I saw things on Sunday. Even in my sons heat, which had a few senior members in it( members that should know better), they were just taking everyone out with no attempt at passing or waiting for the opportunity to overtake, of which their would have been plenty as my son is only learning the game. All Sunday has done however, is dented what little confidence he had. He even said to me after his heat " Why did that man do that dad?", the DMCC bang on about bringing through the youngsters and nurturing their talents, I think it's not just the youngsters that need taught a thing or two. Again, just MY opinions and observations.


Dave ,I know all about that it happens to Lucy sometimes and she dosent tell me about it till the way home when its too late to do anything about it, and she dosent want to go back again , she is too shy to say it to the race director so we are trying to improve on this and generally kids should say it to Vicky if possible as no one should be driven thru especially the kids. So speak up at the time if possible and we can stop it.

kartstuffer
06-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Have you seen my rc tiger tank? It weighs 4 kg ... And shoots ;).... Now, outta my way!


I`ll just have to take out my AK47(airsoft of course):p

Slim Shady
07-03-2013, 11:00 PM
The Naul has it all... Tks Vickey.. bet ya feed us better then Mickser..:thumbsup:

celticpanman
09-03-2013, 04:43 PM
The dates for the DMCC Summer 2013 season are as follows
14 apr,
28 apr,
12th may,
26th may,
23rd june,
21st july,
18th aug,
1st sept,
15th sept,
29th sept

10 rounds with 7 to count run of FTQ format 3 heats with 2 finals. When we race outdoors in Lucan the format will be round by round ( or can be decided on the day )

noreargrip
09-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Racing again in Lucan?..

mixer
09-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Racing again in Lucan?..

Mark it just that we have both tracks available to us to use.. So why not make the most of it during the summer especially if the weather is nice.. Everyone will be able to work on your suntan.. :) :)

Meath77
09-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Yeah, if we know the weather is going to be good in advance, Lucan would be good. Nice having the odd days racing there in the sun.
Although, knowing the weather we've been getting the last few years, it'll probably be 1 day in Lucan at most.

h0m3sy
09-03-2013, 10:27 PM
....

celticpanman
09-03-2013, 11:01 PM
The majority of the rounds will be in the naul. In a recent poll to members that is what was decided.
Some requested if possible some dates in lucan. That Will be done in order to keep Lucan as a backup to the naul just in case. The dates for lucan have not been decided yet but more than likely during summer months WEATHER PERMITTING

Click
09-03-2013, 11:11 PM
I think the suggestion is that a few rounds will be in Lucan, dates to be decided depending on weather.

I think its common sense that the club keeps Lucan as a viable option for the future, until we build our own purpose built indoor facility:thumbsup:

The Doktor
09-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Just to clarify.
We wanted to get the dates out early. We will run just a couple of days in Lucan. These dates will be decided with plenty of notice. However even if we have allocated a date for Lucan, if the weather is bad we will revert to The Naul by informing all members. E.g. Bad forcast for weekend, all members to be informed of racing moved to Naul by Thursday. This will be agreed by the members/committee.

The main reason for us using Lucan is to keep a presence there, as we can never be sure what is down the line. We dont want to be in a position that we arrive along at Lucan in 2 years and theres a skate park where our track was.

We had an indoor venue before that we lost with just a few days notice. We need to ensure that no matter what happens the club has a home to go to.

Now I need to go solder my esc for tomorrow...... :thumbsup:

skybug
24-03-2013, 11:05 PM
just a quick note to say thanks to those who helped me out after i blew my esc first thing in the morning!, mick for supplying me with a replacement and installing it and to "the docktor" for the diagnostics! the car never ran better! fingers crossed will see you all next week for the final round! thanks again

skybug
02-04-2013, 01:54 PM
great racing on sunday and great fun too. well done to alan , a well deserved champion consistant throughout the season . also one to watch,a very noticable threat to the summer championship is dylan who put in superb performances each time! the juniors did great too and everyone is improving each time we can all look forward to sunday which i believe will see the new track layout, i would like to thank those who will be working on it in advance and look forward as im sure everyone is to trying it out on sunday and thanks for everyones help through the season see you then. :thumbsup:

celticpanman
16-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Hi all

Just to let you know that the wall of ultimate death has been finished at the Naul

10 ft tall 60 degree incline

Hope to see you all there soon

celticpanman
28-05-2013, 09:28 PM
A newsletter has been sent to all DMCC members re RCCAOI round 1

IrishRacer
09-06-2013, 08:26 AM
What dates are the summer championships on I cant seem to find them on the website

tony6187
09-06-2013, 09:44 AM
you will find them here http://www.dublinmodelracing.com/calendar.htm next round is the 23rd of june.:thumbsup:

kartstuffer
26-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Racing as usual this Sunday at the Naul ?

tony6187
26-07-2013, 04:00 PM
As far as I know yes

mixer
26-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Of course there is.. the doors are open every Sunday... :) :) :p

celticpanman
02-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Hi all

Just a quick note, there is a lot of interest and we have confirmed entries from the UK.

Get your entries in quick.
It promises to be a great weekend with an interesting Saturday night relaxing with beer afterwards.

Hope to see you all there

Meath77
04-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Beers afterwards? Is there a plan of some sort yet? Have to book the night off for this

The Doktor
04-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Beers afterwards? Is there a plan of some sort yet? Have to book the night off for this

Yes, Its the Law to have beers after the WRI. If you don't, there will be penalties (ok I made that up)

The plan will be to nominate a pub in Swords where we shall meet up on the Saturday evening.

Slim Shady
23-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Beer.. Book us in.. I believe the first round is on the secretary..good man..seeing he is a celeb on the. TV..

Click
23-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Beer.. Book us in.. I believe the first round is on the secretary..good man..seeing he is a celeb on the. TV..

What's this? He's on TV!, my god his head will get even bigger:woot: How will he fit through the door:lol:

I suppose we have the large shutters, he'll just about fit through them:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Does three double whiskeys in a pint of Guinness count as one round???

The Doktor
23-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Id say Parksie on the telly wouldn't be far off this...

ever notice him at the drivers briefing.. Ye caaaant be doin that lads...:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8k1d8uX9Gw

celticpanman
23-08-2013, 09:22 PM
ha ha LOVE IT ARE YOU pj THEN

The Doktor
25-08-2013, 04:26 PM
I had a really enjoyable days racing today. It was a quiet enough day with just a small number of drivers (14), so it was really relaxed.

I arrived to find one lad with a pile of drills and tools as he had spotted a bit of hose that needed sorting.

Any time people broke bits on their cars someone jumped in with help or spare parts to make sure they could get back out and race in the next heat.
All day drivers went around asking other drivers how their car was going and passed on any new things they had heard.

The young drivers were advised how to do better (then they done better and beat the aul lads).

The top guys went around advising and helping us poo drivers how to make our cars better. At one point I had 3 guys adjusting my car, and yes it went better.
Then a jumbo breakfast roll appeared on my table.:thumbsup:

Its what makes the DMCC one of the most relaxed and enjoyable clubs ive ever been in (not just rc cars).
Im not just saying it cos im on the committee, but i really do think the DMCC is a really great club. Well done to all involved in making it that way.

Click
25-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Hi Lee,

I'd just like to backup what your saying. I turned up today but had to go early (well I left because I didn't want to embarrass the modified guys by beating them with my feabal 10.5T motor & blinky ESC:woot::woot: ) its great to have a venue which is weather independent and the relaxed atmosphere and helpful attitude of the racers who turn up is fantastic.

Fair play to the DMCC committee for creating an oasis of RC 1/10th offroad racing in Ireland, long may it last :thumbsup:

kartstuffer
25-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Yes a great days craic & racing.I would just like to thank all the guys who helped me go quicker ( they built the Tm2)

Meath77
26-08-2013, 09:58 AM
...Its what makes the DMCC one of the most relaxed and enjoyable clubs ive ever been in (not just rc cars)....
Better than that swingers club you used to be in?

IrishRacer
26-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Have to say great days racing yesterday I was out for 2-3 months and it was a day for me to be getting back into racing and I was delighted to have won the 2wd clubman finals on my first day back :thumbsup:

Click
26-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Have to say great days racing yesterday I was out for 2-3 months and it was a day for me to be getting back into racing and I was delighted to have won the 2wd clubman finals on my first day back :thumbsup:

Great to see you back, never got a chance to say hello as I was in a rush to head off.

Well done on the win:thumbsup:

The Doktor
26-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Have to say great days racing yesterday I was out for 2-3 months and it was a day for me to be getting back into racing and I was delighted to have won the 2wd clubman finals on my first day back :thumbsup:

You were doing pretty good for a guy that hasnt been racing for 3 months.
I suppose you are going to be the next young fella to be kicking our butts in a few months.
I might take up bowls.....

mixer
29-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Round 8 on Sunday hope to see you all there:thumbsup:

The Doktor
29-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Round 8 on Sunday hope to see you all there:thumbsup:
Yeah, and looking at the results so far its still all to play for. With 3 rounds left of 10 (best 7 to count) things could go any way. (except for me, im doing crap).

Specially in two wheel drive clubman its looking very interesting with Dylan McBurney winning 6 consecutive rounds, all down to his consistently great driving. If he wins one more he will get a perfect score! But can Kevin White catch him?

And in Modified Alan Thompson currently sitting in third with his first year in Modified, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Click
29-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Specially in two wheel drive clubman its looking very interesting with Dylan McBurney winning 6 consecutive rounds, all down to his consistently great driving. If he wins one more he will get a perfect score! But can Kevin White catch him?

I could catch Dylan . . . . . . If somebody would attach a brick to the back of his car:thumbsup::woot::thumbsup:

Meath77
29-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Wonder how Alan will be doing when he's 16?

The Doktor
29-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Specially in two wheel drive clubman its looking very interesting with Dylan McBurney winning 6 consecutive rounds, all down to his consistently great driving. If he wins one more he will get a perfect score! But can Kevin White catch him?

I could catch Dylan . . . . . . If somebody would attach a brick to the back of his car:thumbsup::woot::thumbsup:


No offence kev, but he`d still beat ya :woot:



(this coming from the fella you beat with your 10.5 v my 8.5 :thumbsup:)

Click
29-08-2013, 10:03 PM
No offence kev, but he`d still beat ya :woot:



(this coming from the fella you beat with your 10.5 v my 8.5 :thumbsup:)

:woot::woot::woot::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll use two bricks :thumbsup:

In all honesty its great to see the younger racers getting better and better each time they race. For the sport to have a future we need to encourage & help these guys become the best they can :thumbsup:

noreargrip
29-08-2013, 10:51 PM
No more encouragement!! They are fast enough lol

Click
30-08-2013, 04:24 PM
No more encouragement!! They are fast enough lol

Look behind you Mark, there coming:lol::lol::lol:

Click
01-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Big congrats to Dylan for getting a clean sweep of results in the DMCC summer championship. I don't think anybody can catch him, a well deserved win:thumbsup:

Really enjoyed the racing today, it was the closest its been for a while, great fun:D:thumbsup::D


Nobody else read this:lol::lol: Lee I thought you were going to tie two bricks onto the back of Dylan's car:rolleyes:

Meath77
01-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Jasus Kev, I'll have to come back just so you have someone you can beat!

kartstuffer
02-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Yes ,well done Dylan Mind you Kev you had your chances yesterday thats the closest anyone `s been to Dylan all year,those Schumachers looked good.

The Doktor
02-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Nobody else read this:lol::lol: Lee I thought you were going to tie two bricks onto the back of Dylan's car:rolleyes:

We actually put lead in his wheels, but he still whooped ya!!

It was pretty close racing all around yesterday and really enjoyed watching the clubman finals! Well done to dylan!

Click
02-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Yes ,well done Dylan Mind you Kev you had your chances yesterday thats the closest anyone `s been to Dylan all year,those Schumachers looked good.

It was closer than any other time of the year, I really enjoyed the racing.


I'm sure Dylan will sort you all out in the mod class next year:p

Click
02-09-2013, 02:13 PM
We actually put lead in his wheels, but he still whooped ya!!

It was pretty close racing all around yesterday and really enjoyed watching the clubman finals! Well done to dylan!

You did OK yourself, the 2nd 4WD final was great to watch, you kept the head & got the win:thumbsup:

kartstuffer
02-09-2013, 04:07 PM
I wonder how a Tm2 would go with a 10.5 motor ????

The Doktor
02-09-2013, 04:42 PM
I wonder how a Tm2 would go with a 10.5 motor ????

Im goin back to clubman too....... ;)

kartstuffer
05-09-2013, 12:27 PM
I was given a run last night in a Kyosho & a Durango 1/8th electric at the Naul and what fun they were to drive given the tight indoor track, the Kyosho felt a lot smoother to drive but less aggressive and possibly more suited to my driving style. Looking at them going round and overtaking each other the way they dipped and lifted wheels etc I think they would look awesome with an Audi Quattro / RS 200/ 6R4 type body, great to watch. Thanks for the run guys.After driving them my 410 looked like a matchbox car going round and in the end the 1/8ths couldn't quite match the smaller cars for lap times but i would say that they would be able to have a good race in 4 car heats given the constraints of the track.
Anyone know what the HPI Vorza is like? Bitten!!!

The Doktor
05-09-2013, 04:00 PM
I was given a run last night in a Kyosho & a Durango 1/8th electric at the Naul and what fun they were to drive given the tight indoor track, the Kyosho felt a lot smoother to drive but less aggressive and possibly more suited to my driving style. Looking at them going round and overtaking each other the way they dipped and lifted wheels etc I think they would look awesome with an Audi Quattro / RS 200/ 6R4 type body, great to watch. Thanks for the run guys.After driving them my 410 looked like a matchbox car going round and in the end the 1/8ths couldn't quite match the smaller cars for lap times but i would say that they would be able to have a good race in 4 car heats given the constraints of the track.
Anyone know what the HPI Vorza is like? Bitten!!!

You stay away from them things! You don't need any more toy cars...

Noticed how I stayed away from them? That's cos I have enough toy cars...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

But seriously, they really did look impressive going around the track, and overtaking (yes.. overtaking..), if a little scary down the straight.
I think they could easily race at the Naul, though more for fun than serious racing.
They looked really cool on the wall of ultimate death.

skybug
10-09-2013, 03:58 PM
i could bring out a 1/1 scale zip kart to compare against the 1/8ths- better stand well back though!

IrishRacer
10-09-2013, 04:35 PM
i could bring out a 1/1 scale zip kart to compare against the 1/8ths- better stand well back though!

That should be intresting:lol::lol::lol:

Slim Shady
13-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Well done Dylan on a clean sweep..super driving all Summer.. Tony M.:thumbsup:

skybug
18-09-2013, 07:58 PM
ANYONE KNOW WHEN ROUND 9 OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP IS ON AS THERE IS NO CLARIFICATION ON THE CLUB WEBSITE?

skybug
18-09-2013, 08:46 PM
NO NEED TO REPLY,JUST FOUND OUT.THANKS

mixer
18-09-2013, 08:50 PM
ANYONE KNOW WHEN ROUND 9 OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP IS ON AS THERE IS NO CLARIFICATION ON THE CLUB WEBSITE?

Round 9 is on this sunday.

celticpanman
19-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Sorry all. But my computer crashed on last Tuesday and I have been trying to sort it since, alas with no luck.

Round 9 will be this weekend the 22nd as emailed. Sorry for the confusion

The Doktor
22-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Just want to let everyone know there will be no racing this coming Wednesday 25th September.
Thanks
Lee

skybug
27-09-2013, 12:11 AM
just wonderin when results will be posted for round 9 as this weekend is the finale, lets all enjoy it and roll on W..R.I. ! i would like to take the opportunity to thank all the club for their continual and outstanding work , contribution and enthusiasm throughout the championship .

kartstuffer
27-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Time to get your brain working as Mick is away and he does the result updates!!!

kartstuffer
29-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Well done to Alan on TQ and winning the last round of the summer championship in 2wd mod:thumbsup:, ( we wont say anything about him passing me on the 2nd last corner of the last lap in the last final:cry:)
also well done to Kev on doing the same in 2wd clubman.
A good days racing enjoyed by all ,i would say.
well done the D.M.C.C.
Now to get ready for a track change and the winter series.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Click
29-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Really enjoyed the racing today, was under pressure from Adam & Lucy :thumbsup:

Well done to the DMCC committee for organising such a well run summer series, roll on the WRI and the Winter series.

The Doktor
01-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Well done to Alan on TQ and winning the last round of the summer championship in 2wd mod:thumbsup:, ( we wont say anything about him passing me on the 2nd last corner of the last lap in the last final:cry:)
also well done to Kev on doing the same in 2wd clubman.
A good days racing enjoyed by all ,i would say.
well done the D.M.C.C.
Now to get ready for a track change and the winter series.:thumbsup::thumbsup:


Im afraid that the committee have met and decided Alan is banned from the club. He is just too fast for the DMCC and doesn't give all us old folk a chance. Dylan is also out too... Sorry Dylan youre banned!:p:p



Seriously though, its really great to see a few young people improving so fast. Its what we really need in the club.
But its not just Dylan and Alan who are fast
Some of the other younger people are just getting faster and faster. I was watching the likes of Adam and Lucy in their races the other day, and was so impressed by them. Id say one more season and they will be showing the rest of us how its done.
When I joined the DMCC just a couple of years ago there was no kids racing at all.
It all looks bright for the future if you ask me.

I wonder is it possible to start an Auld Git class, where all the racers must have either grey hair or not as much hair as they used to?

Meath77
01-10-2013, 04:27 PM
I reckon when I go to the winter race, Ciaran will be lapping me.

skybug
01-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Im afraid that the committee have met and decided Alan is banned from the club. He is just too fast for the DMCC and doesn't give all us old folk a chance. Dylan is also out too... Sorry Dylan youre banned!:p:p



Seriously though, its really great to see a few young people improving so fast. Its what we really need in the club.
But its not just Dylan and Alan who are fast
Some of the other younger people are just getting faster and faster. I was watching the likes of Adam and Lucy in their races the other day, and was so impressed by them. Id say one more season and they will be showing the rest of us how its done.
When I joined the DMCC just a couple of years ago there was no kids racing at all.
It all looks bright for the future if you ask me.

I wonder is it possible to start an Auld Git class, where all the racers must have either grey hair or not as much hair as they used to?,
What do you mean start an Auld Gits class?, i thought we already had one! ,well i think im a contender in that class anyway! And i enjoy racing against them!!!!! and yes the younger ones are getting much faster and i think they are already showing us how its done !and on a constant basis too! roll on the winter championship.:lol::lol:

The Doktor
02-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Couple of not so good pics of the new track layout
Its rather good, with longer lap times and plenty of bumps and slippy bits.
Only one or two more things to finish it off, but the majority of stuff has been done.

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n475/leemcguire74/stuff/track2b_zpsceb5a389.jpg


http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n475/leemcguire74/stuff/track2a_zps6480245d.jpg

skybug
03-10-2013, 10:15 AM
track looks great , well done to those who worked on it, the flyover is nicely placed and should pose less of a problem for drivers as the angle of vision is better, also more dicipline and control will be required at the end of the straight looking forward to giving it a go.the signage also adds a nice touch creating a bit more athmosphere, what sort of laps / laptimes are you expecting? full marks again!

Click
03-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Fantastic :thumbsup:

Fair play to everybody involved. You even painted the hosing red on the corners, nice touch.

Feel a bit guilty I didn't help, you should have given me a buzz, I'll get stuck in next time.

Thanks again to everybody who hustled to get the new track built

kartstuffer
03-10-2013, 10:26 PM
clubman about 25 secs and mod in 24secs ,not as big a gap between club and mod as before and a few good overtaking spots, we only did 10-15 laps each and the track drives great ,times will come down a little on that and no real accident spots but you have to drive slower to go quicker (if that makes sense ) if you try to push too hard you just spin out!!! ( slippy sections added )
Its a good track , well done to Graham and Lee who did most of it.
If anyone has any racing oriented banners bring them along as it adds to the atmosphere of the place. Roll on Sunday and remember to bring a hoover if you can.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

IrishRacer
05-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Looks great lads:thumbsup: looking forward to get back out there for the winter championships it looks like a great track

celticpanman
05-10-2013, 10:01 AM
dont forget as many hoovers as possible BEFORE AND PRACTICE OR RACING starts

the track has to be hoovered

Meath77
05-10-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm bringing this:

http://regmedia.co.uk/2007/11/21/usb_vacuum.jpg

mixer
05-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Cool will it take you long to do the track....you might need a lot of hover bags doh.

The Doktor
07-10-2013, 10:01 PM
a couple of better pics of the new layout...

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n475/leemcguire74/stuff/TrackOct2_zpsc4108f8a.jpg

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n475/leemcguire74/stuff/trackoctpano1_zps81a223ea.jpg

kartstuffer
07-10-2013, 11:32 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:The best track yet:thumbsup::thumbsup:

noreargrip
08-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Are you guys running this Wednesday ? was going to take a run down

kartstuffer
08-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Yes Mark the usual few there.

The Doktor
03-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Hi All,
Don't forget Round 2 of the DMCC Winter championships this weekend

noreargrip
04-12-2013, 03:14 PM
can anyone tell me the overall track dimensions?..
there's a venue up north is a possibility and it my be similar size.

The Doktor
04-12-2013, 11:41 PM
Hi Mark,

The astro turfed track area is 11.2M X 27.5M

the total for the whole shed is 13.3M X 35M (approx.)

Cheers
Lee

Meath77
14-12-2013, 03:40 PM
If the weather is like this tomorrow, I think we should race in Lucan. Who's with me?

The Doktor
09-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Lads, just in case theres any confusion with date for championships etc, This is the calendar to refer to.
http://dublinmodelracing.com/calendar.htm

AE86
11-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Do you guys run short coarse trucks at the Naul ?

mxer_kk
11-01-2014, 09:20 PM
one tenth buggies and 1/16 micro buggies. I'm sure you could come down for a race though. Racing tomorrow from 10am.:thumbsup:

kartstuffer
12-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Come and try it and if a few guys have cars I'm sure you will be able to race.

AE86
15-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Yeah there is about three with short coarse trucks

might take a spin down. there any racing this weekend?

The Doktor
16-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Yeah there is about three with short coarse trucks

might take a spin down. there any racing this weekend?

Theres racing every sunday and wednesday
Check the website in my signature for details on location etc

celticpanman
16-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Hello all members

We have secured the keys for the new venue at St Margarets.

We want to show everybody the new venue and what the future can hold for us.
We intend to stop racing at 3pm this weekend and bring everyone down afterwards to the new site.

We would request everyone to make the effort to get there, even if you cant make the racing we would urge you to meet us at 3pm near there and show you.

This is a great opportunity for our sport and the clubs future.
We can only make it work if everyone pulls together with help and input.

any queries please email me or ring me

Graham

The Doktor
21-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Hi all,
Round 4 of the winter championships this sunday 26th Jan.

Cheers
Lee

Click
21-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Hello all members

We have secured the keys for the new venue at St Margarets.

We want to show everybody the new venue and what the future can hold for us.
We intend to stop racing at 3pm this weekend and bring everyone down afterwards to the new site.

We would request everyone to make the effort to get there, even if you cant make the racing we would urge you to meet us at 3pm near there and show you.

This is a great opportunity for our sport and the clubs future.
We can only make it work if everyone pulls together with help and input.

any queries please email me or ring me

Graham

Hi Graham,

It was great to see the plot we have, it's huge:woot: the parking area alone would have been big enough!!!

I think members will be dreaming up lots of plans for the development of this site, it's a very exciting time for the DMCC.

Once we get the clubhouse built, outdoor & indoor swimming pools (which of course can double for the RC boat guys), some tennis courts (only two don't want to go too crazy) a mini golf course, outdoor bowls green (Dave can explain what we need). I'm sure I'm missing something . . . . O' Yes an outdoor & indoor RC car track :p

The Doktor
30-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Just a reminder, Round 5 of the DMCC winter champs this Sunday 2nd feb.
See you there

mxer_kk
30-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Myself and Sean bought a couple of decent used speed controllers this week (ouch) so we are grounded for a few weeks €€€ but we will be up for the remaining rounds. Great racing last week. Thanks to mick for helping us out.

Ian

Ian decides to use a shorty battery with plug in cables .... of course they are in the right way....

63178

noreargrip
05-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Ok who gave the report for winter race ireland to racer magazine?
I was told it was a good report,pictures, only one problem,
My brother paul,who wasn't and doesn't live in this country seems to have won everything lol
Mix up in names ?typo ? Ha ha

The Doktor
06-02-2014, 02:20 AM
Ok who gave the report for winter race ireland to racer magazine?
I was told it was a good report,pictures, only one problem,
My brother paul,who wasn't and doesn't live in this country seems to have won everything lol
Mix up in names ?typo ? Ha ha

Haven't seen it yet, just saw the one from the summer champs. But I did see the article that went in, which was what's on the website with extra bits.
Looking at what was sent into them (it's on me laptop) it says

"40 year old MARK penny (40), who celebrated his 40th birthday, won everything"

The club journalist also works for the daily mail, so anything could have happened.

MiCk B.
06-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Mark,

What issue of Racer Magazine is the report in?

MiCk B. :-)

h0m3sy
06-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Ok who gave the report for winter race ireland to racer magazine?
I was told it was a good report,pictures, only one problem,
My brother paul,who wasn't and doesn't live in this country seems to have won everything lol
Mix up in names ?typo ? Ha ha

Sure Paul is quicker than you anyway and would've probably won if he were there. Dry your eyes...lol :p

The Doktor
06-02-2014, 08:44 PM
I was told it was a good report,pictures, only one problem..........


I think who ever told u might be winding you up... Heres the actual article that was sent.

http://www.liverc.com/news/race_results/5945-Dublin_Model_Car_Club_%22Winter_Race_Ireland%22_ra ce_report/

noreargrip
08-02-2014, 12:17 AM
A mr Rennick phoned me up to tell me to congratulate paul on winning the wri lol.
Was in his copy of the racer mag.must be jan edition ..I havnt seen it myself.
No biggie just bro givin me shit about it ha ha..
He did say he could beat me with his arms folded,but from outside the country ?? !!:woot:

The Doktor
17-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Hi all,
Don't forget round 6 of the indoor winter champs this coming weekend, feb 23rd.

Cheers
Lee

noreargrip
18-02-2014, 05:36 PM
You guys still running on Wednesday nights?

Click
18-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Yep, I'll be there + normally another 3-5 members.

Bring hob nobs, I like hob nobs :-)

celticpanman
19-02-2014, 12:37 AM
I'll be there aswell with choco biscuits

The Doktor
19-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Yep, I'll be there + normally another 3-5 members.

Bring hob nobs, I like hob nobs :-)

Serious lack of jammy wagon wheels around the dmcc lately.
Ill be there tonight too... Checkin the wagon wheel stock

The Doktor
26-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Hi all,
Don't forget round 7 of the indoor winter champs this coming weekend, march 2nd.

Cheers
Lee

The Doktor
22-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Hi all,
Don't forget round 8 (FINAL ROUND) of the indoor winter champs this coming weekend, march 23rd.

Cheers
Lee

celticpanman
27-03-2014, 03:01 PM
For the attention of all racers

we will be changing the track AFTER this sundays racing 30th March.

We will require members to carry out a small bit of work on sunday

1) Track hoovering If you have a spare hoover please bring it along. The track has to be hoovered and the pits.

Then

2) Cordless drill We will need all the white hose to be unscrewed and the screws left on the table beside the rostrum.
The jumps should be lifted up and placed on the main straight ( after it has been hoovered).

The hose can be left on the track where it is just remove the screws.

When this is done the new track will be laid on wednesday night ready in time for the following sunday.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT MEMBERS HELP WITH THIS

DMCC

The Doktor
13-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Just want to remind drivers that the DMCC indoor summer championships starts next week, Sunday 20th April.
All dates are on the club website main page.

The Doktor
04-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Just want to remind drivers that Round 2 of the DMCC indoor summer championships is on next week, Sunday 11th of May.

Slim Shady
09-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Round 2 should be a cracker this Sunday.. Durangos are going to be all over the back of you Kevin..not trying to stir it up..but watch out..or will Denzill and Dylan give Mick a spanking..some good racing to look forward too this weekend..
See ye there..
Tony

The Doktor
09-05-2014, 09:59 PM
...or will Denzell give Mick a spanking.....


That image has really put me off me beer.... :p

Click
10-05-2014, 07:33 AM
What about Durango's all over my back:eh?::woot:

Anybody know a good chiropractor:p

The Doktor
19-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Just want to remind drivers that Round 3 of the DMCC indoor summer championships is on next week, Sunday 25th of May

See you there....

mxer_kk
30-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Is there racing on this Sunday with it being the Bank Holiday? Sean is getting withdrawal symptoms and needs his racing fix. :thumbsup:

Click
30-05-2014, 03:20 PM
There's racing on Sat. which is R2 of the National Series:thumbsup:

We will also have the track open on Sunday, racing will depend on how many guys turn up :)

celticpanman
31-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Hi

There will be no racing this Sunday June 1st

Racing will resume as normal from Wednesday night and next Sunday

DMCC

Click
31-05-2014, 06:53 PM
There's racing on Sat. which is R2 of the National Series:thumbsup:

We will also have the track open on Sunday, racing will depend on how many guys turn up :)

As Graham has said no racing on Sunday :blush: We asked around today and nobody was turning up to race tomorrow so we decided to pull the day.

The Doktor
05-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Just want to remind drivers that Round 5 of the DMCC indoor summer championships is on tomorrow 6th July