View Full Version : B44.1 FT kit any extra stuff needed?
OneKiwi
01-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Hi All
I heard that the diff needs to be shimmed quite a bit, im just wondering if the shims are included?
What are some of the extra things that are needed from the start if they aren't in the kit?
Or recommended
Thanks
I ran a B44.1 for a few meetings this year and it went fine pretty much out of the box. I only bought one to run at a few regionals so did not want to get caught up in buying loads of hop-ups but never really felt I needed to.
All the shims you need are in the box. Only things I changed were springs (yellow kyosho fronts and silver associated rears) and a roll bar on the front. I also stuck a bit of weight between the lipos (think it was about 40g) - associated do a specific weight but I just used some stick on lead.
HTH
Rob
Pitman Ed
01-10-2012, 04:15 PM
It's best to buy some AE or Kyosho diff shims and fit the gearbox bevel gear tight agaist its pinion (small gear at end of drive shaft). Front and rear gearboxes. Any play there will potentially damage / strip the bevel gear on hard landings or crashes. Running with a looser slipper will protect the gear, but with 4wd most people want some punch on a grippy surface. It also depends on how powerful your motor is as well as driving style. So shim the diffs tight to be safe.
gazhillAE
01-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi bud
I've ran these for a while all you need is below!
Front anti roll bar kit
Ghea 1 and 2 rear pistons
Silver rear springs
Blue front springs
Rear centre 90gram weight
Buds balls for diffs (will last ages)
Extra shims for diffs as you don't get enough in kit! You need 6-7 on one side
Ghea big bore spring collars maybe with some losi cups and losi BB springs (can help you with these if you want to pm me also)
I'm still thinking.....
OneKiwi
03-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Will the durango BB springs fit?
Whats the parts number/link for the collars and cups?
Ghea 1 and 2 rear pistons part number as I see there are a few different ones
And a nice indoor tight carpet setup anyone
Matt Butcher
03-10-2012, 02:56 PM
this is what you need: http://p-dubracing.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=23
OneKiwi
03-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks
Anyone got the part number for the shims needed? Both the AE or K car
Thanks
gazhillAE
03-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks
Anyone got the part number for the shims needed? Both the AE or K car
Thanks
AS3911
gazhillAE
03-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Will the durango BB springs fit?
Whats the parts number/link for the collars and cups?
Ghea 1 and 2 rear pistons part number as I see there are a few different ones
And a nice indoor tight carpet setup anyone
http://p-dubracing.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=18
http://p-dubracing.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=19
This setup is as close as you will get to perfect!
It's more or less what I use on carpet everywhere unless there's sloppy floor also which it's shit on!
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associated/setupb44/B44.1_PaulBradby_PetitRCRace20110116/index.html
OneKiwi
04-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Thanks Gaz and the rest for the tips.
Its going to be interesting running this indoors, Ive been a 410 fan and only driven a BJ4 a couple of times ages ago.
Im getting a really nice used kit which has the GHEA pistons already and a reshimmed diff.
Ill now look at the BB collars for the TD springs I have, and the gear diff mod maybe but Ill do buds balls first
Big G
04-10-2012, 08:38 AM
The only items I use are the 87g weight between the cells, green front springs and the alu front tower mount.
That's for indoors on flat polished floor though :)
my diffs are shimmed as per manual with 4 and 2 with no problems. Saying that the 44.2 goes for 6 and 3 in it's manual...
Ensure there is no side to side play of the diff in the gear case. If too tight, remove one shim behind the diff gear and adjust accordingly after several runs.
OneKiwi
04-10-2012, 09:31 AM
And its the same house and diff right!
Big G
04-10-2012, 09:42 AM
yeah
discostu
04-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Hi bud
I've ran these for a while all you need is below!
Front anti roll bar kit
Ghea 1 and 2 rear pistons
Silver rear springs
Blue front springs
Rear centre 90gram weight
Buds balls for diffs (will last ages)
Extra shims for diffs as you don't get enough in kit! You need 6-7 on one side
Ghea big bore spring collars maybe with some losi cups and losi BB springs (can help you with these if you want to pm me also)
I'm still thinking.....
You must be doing somthing wrong if you are using 6 or 7 shims on one side if the diff.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.