Log in

View Full Version : vts or avid slipper


jonathan may
01-10-2012, 07:55 PM
has any one used the vts slipperor the avid slipper on their c4.1 or centro does it make a diffrence.

KRob
01-10-2012, 08:01 PM
I've fitted the VTS to my Centro and it definitely keeps performance more consistent over a race length

jonathan may
01-10-2012, 08:18 PM
i take the associated one does the same job

BeachBuggyPhil
01-10-2012, 08:35 PM
The VTS is made by Associated.
I fitted one to my X6. Fit and forgot.
You can tune it by using different slipper pads and you need the V2 spring to fit it.
It does warm up so drive the car for a bit before you fine tune it.

Tom3012
01-10-2012, 08:55 PM
I run the AE VTS on my S2, its a big improvement over a five minute race, but is not a fit and forget part IMO, pads still need to be checked every few weeks, definately worth the money!

jaysllim
01-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Gotta agree tha the vts is a really gd item and does help with concictentcy over the race,but avid do have a point tha the slippers we run haven't changed for a couple of generations of the cars we use,but motors and batteries have so I think we will have to wait and see.................

Who's guan b the one to say I got one then lol

Big G
01-10-2012, 09:52 PM
I've fitted the VTS to my Centro and it definitely keeps performance more consistent over a race length

what he said + you can use and keep all the standard spurs :thumbsup:

jonathan may
01-10-2012, 10:15 PM
so sounds like the associated vts is the best way to go

neallewis
01-10-2012, 11:37 PM
I've got the vts, and it works great. Avid uses dedicated spurs, which put me off, as I've a selection of rw and j concepts already.

Col
01-10-2012, 11:59 PM
So... after countless years is the std slipper not upto the job? I don't remember the last time I checked mine. I've never noticed any change in "consistency", even in a 24hr race. Infact, the car from the 24hr race is still running without any changes...

Richard Lowe
02-10-2012, 07:05 AM
So... after countless years is the std slipper not upto the job? I don't remember the last time I checked mine. I've never noticed any change in "consistency", even in a 24hr race. Infact, the car from the 24hr race is still running without any changes...
Not for a while, not in 2wd. The AE high torque pads and vented slipper plates help, but it still overheats if you set it wrong.

Jamie B4
02-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Tried the avid and think its very good - had issues in the EOS finals with not being able to get the adjustment spot on - Tried this the weekend after on the same track without any problems - big plus

Welshy40
02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
I am currently testing the vts in my kyosho 4wd and went with it due to the spur gears not changing design and as i use that hex design in my spurs thought why not give it a go. Must admit its better than the standard b4 slipper and will not go back once testing has finished..

gazhillAE
02-10-2012, 06:29 PM
I've fitted the VTS to my Centro and it definitely keeps performance more consistent over a race length

Agreed x2