PDA

View Full Version : T4 just built


john333
02-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Just finished building a team c T4 supplied by PBM racing. What a joy to build, with no issues whatsoever :-)

The quality of the parts and how they fit is easily up there with Schumacher and Durango (I've built both) and a special mention for the big bore shocks which are stunning.

43332

john333
02-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Another pic 43333

Sorry my iPhone not the best camera

Muzzie
02-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Another pic 43333

Sorry my iPhone not the best camera

Looks great, cheers for the build :)

Muzzie
11-10-2012, 08:18 AM
I ran the car for the first time last night and was very impressed. It’s so easy to drive with very little change to the normal setup. I was faster first time out with the T4 than with my Cougar which I’ve been driving for 6 months…:)

Big thanks to John for the help..

john333
11-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Looked very good, maybe just need to have a mess around with the Ackerman angle to get a bit more low speed steering

Muzzie
14-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Looked very good, maybe just need to have a mess around with the Ackerman angle to get a bit more low speed steering

Yep, the Ackerman needs a tweak, I increased the travel on the radio last night and the car cornered loads better. Howver, I managed to stip a spur gear, Doh....:o. The gear box doesn't like high grip carpet and 100% brakes :blush:. Tip - turn down the % brake on your radio, mine at 65%.

My only query is the kit springs seam a bit soft, does anyone know if you can get a 'med or hard' spring set, like on the T02?

john333
14-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Yes you can get a spring tuning kit now

Muzzie
15-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Yes you can get a spring tuning kit now

Is this something I would have to speical order via SMD? Can't find any on the Team C website..:confused:

john333
15-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Speak to pbm mate, or jono if he comes on Wednesday ;)

Robbiejuk
16-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Personally I use losi springs on mine. I found the difference between the hard spring and the soft Team c springs to be pretty minimal.

Losi big bore springs come in good range of springs, fit straight on the shocks and spring caps and are pretty cheap.

Timee80
16-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Which Losi springs are you using rob?

Robbiejuk
16-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Black or blue on the front, Pink on the back seems to work well everywhere for me.

Timee80
16-10-2012, 05:26 PM
What weight are you running in the car? I assume some around the lipos

Robbiejuk
17-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Weight is something I haven't really played with but possibly should do. I did out an undersaddle lipe for an Tc02c under and it definatley helps the car. Time to order some rudebits ones for experimentation methinks.

wrighty
17-10-2012, 04:19 PM
i run 40 grams down the center inbetween the lipos replacing the black plastic spacer i forund it made the car a lot better however did have to go up on oil weight a little

goos
21-10-2012, 06:01 AM
My only query is the kit springs seam a bit soft, does anyone know if you can get a 'med or hard' spring set, like on the T02?

Losi springs for the BB's are what gives you the most versatile tuning options. rumors however tell that there will be a complete spring set from TeamC also out at some point.