View Full Version : D4 Rear hubs on B44
enfieldbanana
28-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Hey people!!!!
Hows things??? First post on oople.
Was wondering if anybody has tried or has replaced the fit rear hubs with the Hot Bodies D4 ones so that you have the ball stud on top??? Would there be any advantages of this??? It was just a thought. :confused:
Andy
PS: While I'm thinking....which is a very rare thing...do the front D4 fit the B44??
Adam Skelding
29-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Hi,
The holes in the D4 hubs for the hinge pins are 2.5mm, so you need to ream these out for the B44 hinge pins. Other than that I'm pretty sure they'll fit.
Without measuring up the pin to pivot height etc I can't say exactly the difference, but you'll have infinitely more adjustable camber change / roll centre.
Will the front hubs fit. Same thing for the Hinge pin, so no biggy there. As for length/offset etc, I don't know.
sparrow.2
29-05-2008, 08:38 AM
The bearing holes are metric too on the D4 hubs, no? In that case they won't fit.
You can get hub carriers with the ball stud mounted vertically from racers edge ready to fit the B4/B44.
I here that the B44 shock shafts break. Can anyone recommend replacments. Can the losi xxx shafts fit or any other manufactory parts.
josh_smaxx
29-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I here that the B44 shock shafts break. Can anyone recommend replacments. Can the losi xxx shafts fit or any other manufactory parts.
Losi shock shafts fit, dunno which length you want mind, i just put the whole losi shock on mine.
enfieldbanana
29-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Hey there,
Thanks for the info people. Think I will have to try some of those rear hubs.
Sorry that PS on my orginal post was meant to say 'Does anybody know if the front D4 wheels fit on the B44'. Opps forgot the word wheels.
I've got some threaded Losi shocks from the States on flea-bay and going to give them a go. A bit of an experiment. If you don't try you never know I guess. Does fitting Losi shocks to the B44 make a difference??? What are people's thoughts on this???
A
jim76
29-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi Andy
welcome to the world of Oople at last!
The Losi shocks are considered by most as the best shocks because they are so easy to build and get consistant. But if you build the kit shocks correctly they shouldn't perform any differently.
now, just get your butt to a regional with it!
sparrow.2
29-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Losi shocks feel really nice and are easier to build consistently than most but do weigh a ton compared to Associated shocks.
I found all cars I've driven with losi shocks tend to feel less lively compared to Associated ones... and yes they were set up properly with both ;)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.