View Full Version : associated pistons
just wondering if 3 hole pistons for associated shocks exist? i want to run 3 hole #56 pistons. or can i just drill out a third hole to the holes are in the shape of a T?
janus_77
31-05-2008, 08:21 AM
There are no official 3 hole AE pistons, but there were a few companies to make pistons with no holes so you could drill them yourself. I think rayspeed has/had them. Other easy way out is to just get Losi pistons.
Natural #60
Black #57
Red/pink #56
Orange #55
Blue #54
i believe losi offroad pistons are too big to fit in the shocks and the touring car ones are 10mm and the associated ones are a fraction larger being imperial. i dont want to have too much space between the piston and shock body because that would wear out the inside of the shock body.
janus_77
31-05-2008, 05:51 PM
I had to sand the Losi pistons a bit to make them slide smoothly in a AE shock housing
bert digler
31-05-2008, 06:10 PM
I had to sand the Losi pistons a bit to make them slide smoothly in a AE shock housing
i use losi pistons they fit fine:thumbsup:
i believe losi offroad pistons are too big to fit in the shocks
Nope, they fit fine. I do recommend sanding the flashing off though.
Maybe it's be interesting to have a look at HB and/or Tamiya pistons. The look clone-ish, and offer 3-hole versions.
B44&501xRacerEX
02-06-2008, 06:07 PM
I use the two hole pistons in the front.
And the stock pistons in the rear.
Chris Doughty
02-06-2008, 06:33 PM
I use the two hole pistons in the front.
And the stock pistons in the rear.
http://www.trevorbeer-countrysidematters.co.uk/cockerill%20modded.jpg
CraigM2610
02-06-2008, 07:06 PM
http://www.trevorbeer-countrysidematters.co.uk/cockerill%20modded.jpg
LMAO:thumbsup::lol:
bert digler
02-06-2008, 07:11 PM
LMAO:thumbsup::lol:
is that a male chicken:lol:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.