Origineelreclamebord
10-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm working on getting a 4WD touring car running as a training car in between offroad events. I intend to run it on the nice spare pieces of tarmac that are 'here and there' in the city. :)
Looking back on my history with touring cars, they seemed to have handling trouble. Back then I didn't know what the problem was, but now I think I do...
BAD TIRES! I was always using the cheap-o RTR/XB/Kit tires from Tamiya, and it seems they just can't handle putting 4000kV-ish power on the ground. However, I know nothing about the brands available for touring cars, I hope you can help out here.
So, what I'm looking for is a tire that has more grip. However, it also needs to be a type of tire that doesn't cost me a fortune in the long run (as there are no actual racing results on the line here). In other words, I need a good concession between grip, durability and price. So, what are you people recommend using? :eh?:
I'm working on getting a 4WD touring car running as a training car in between offroad events. I intend to run it on the nice spare pieces of tarmac that are 'here and there' in the city. :)
Looking back on my history with touring cars, they seemed to have handling trouble. Back then I didn't know what the problem was, but now I think I do...
BAD TIRES! I was always using the cheap-o RTR/XB/Kit tires from Tamiya, and it seems they just can't handle putting 4000kV-ish power on the ground. However, I know nothing about the brands available for touring cars, I hope you can help out here.
So, what I'm looking for is a tire that has more grip. However, it also needs to be a type of tire that doesn't cost me a fortune in the long run (as there are no actual racing results on the line here). In other words, I need a good concession between grip, durability and price. So, what are you people recommend using? :eh?: