View Full Version : SupaStox Spares
morpheus2010
11-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Making up my wish list for a Shoomy SupaStox to GT12.1 spec before ordering :woot:
Hoping to get some advice on the spares/pit box extras for the inevitable breakages. :blush:
What are the commonest bits that tend to be broken so I can repair and carry on. :D
Also getting 70T 48dp Diff/axle, what is a good starter pinion to match with a 13.5 brushless (Dynamite Platinum) on Twisty short circuit
Any advice would be appreciated :)
SlowOne
11-10-2012, 09:03 PM
CAn't help with spares, but can with pinion. If they are out of the box, 51mm diameter, then you will need a 30 tooth pinion and set the timing on the Dynamite to 30 degrees.
Different diameter needs different pinion. What diameter are your rear tyres?
joker
11-10-2012, 11:05 PM
30 tooth pinon sounds way to big im on a 27 and thats on a big flowing track id say start with a 25 tooth and see how it goes or ask what the others people are running at that track. spears wise not much really as the cars pritty solid i havnt bent or brocken anying yet i would say get a few sets of tyres so you can rotate them or if one gets a chunk in it.
sparkyboy22
12-10-2012, 05:46 AM
I am running 26 pinion on 70 spur on a short and twisty but running 2s/21.5
Spares wise I have not broken anything except a shell
mark christopher
12-10-2012, 07:35 AM
im running 30 pinion on small track 70 spur and its good, thunderpower motor
spares poss wheel bearings, not yet broke anything on mine.
neallewis
12-10-2012, 09:08 AM
I tend to run 30/31 with a 70 spur also on a small track.
In terms of spares to get...
tyres
I broke a servo a plastic servo mount
picked up track crud and killed some teeth on a spur
body posts for mounting different bodies
spring kit for tuning
o-ring kit for tuning
The rest of the car seems very solid!
SlowOne
12-10-2012, 05:51 PM
30 tooth pinon sounds way to big im on a 27 and thats on a big flowing track id say start with a 25 tooth and see how it goes or ask what the others people are running at that track. spears wise not much really as the cars pritty solid i havnt bent or brocken anying yet i would say get a few sets of tyres so you can rotate them or if one gets a chunk in it.Ahhh... but which motor are you using and how much timing do you have on it? See above, it's not too big for some of us!! ;)
Let us know your full set up and we can then compare notes. There is a lot of difference between motors, the amount of timing they have on them, and the gear ratio they run. 27 would be fine for some set-ups I can think of... :)
lee150978
16-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi all,
I run at the same club as 'Joker' which is quite a large flowing track for a 1/12th scale car and I run a similar gearing to that stated by Joker.
I am on 26 to 28 pinion depending on track layout with a 70 spur.
I am running a Thunder Power motor with the timing set on 35 deg and it feels pretty good.
The varience on gearing obviously depends on how technical the track is and how many 'acceleration' zones.
Thanks
Daz
Dave Dodd
16-10-2012, 09:07 PM
im currently running 29/70 with 40 degress timing on a dynamite motor with 52mm rear wheels, track size is 30mx13m ish
Chequered Flag Racing
16-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm on 68/70mmpr with most motors. Went to Barley Mow and asked Mark Jewitt if I should drop a pinion for the smaller track then TRCC and he said just leave it as is. He was right.
At the recent National at TRCC I ran a Vampire 13.5 and this needed 2 teeth more on the pinion for the same size foams with the motor nearly on full timing.
morpheus2010
18-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the info people :thumbsup:
Just got to get the contract finished and then its get the goodies
See the SupaStox is getting to be popular, Although it maybe a little more tricky to set up than a Dave it should be more flexible regarding fine tuning/handling
Plus nothing like competition between Marques to liven up the day :D
Leelosi
04-11-2012, 11:42 PM
CAn't help with spares, but can with pinion. If they are out of the box, 51mm diameter, then you will need a 30 tooth pinion and set the timing on the Dynamite to 30 degrees.
Different diameter needs different pinion. What diameter are your rear tyres?
I use the dynamite aswell how u finding it? I just seem to be under geared all the time I'm using 74 spur with a 28 pinion and my motor never gets even warm and I'm a little off the pace any tips?
Dave Treacy
05-11-2012, 07:16 PM
You need a smaller spur as you won't get the gearing you need with a 74. RW do a 68 which is perfect with a 30T pinion
SlowOne
05-11-2012, 09:16 PM
I use the dynamite aswell how u finding it? I just seem to be under geared all the time I'm using 74 spur with a 28 pinion and my motor never gets even warm and I'm a little off the pace any tips?You are under-geared. Assuming you have 51mm tyres then you need a 31T pinion at least to get to the right ratio.
I love the motor, one of the best for this class of racing. Mine gets no more than warm; I can easily press my thumb on it for five seconds straight after a race. It doesn't go off during a race, and it has plenty of torque.
These cars are heavy for a pan car, so don't go overboard on the timing. Lower timing retains the torque of the motor which is what is needed to haul the high(er) weight of this class of car out of the turns.
I use the 70T spur from the Schumacher diff, and the Mardave spur is 65T which gets the motor lower in the pod for improved handling. HTH :)
Leelosi
17-11-2012, 12:15 AM
You need a smaller spur as you won't get the gearing you need with a 74. RW do a 68 which is perfect with a 30T pinion
Who is rw i want a 68 spur gear
neallewis
17-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Who is rw i want a 68 spur gear
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/spares/schumacher/superstox/rw-supastox-68t-spur-gear.html
Leelosi
18-11-2012, 05:57 PM
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/spares/schumacher/superstox/rw-supastox-68t-spur-gear.html
Gr8 job m8 thank you very much
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.