View Full Version : Indoor Racing
The race controller
16-10-2012, 03:22 PM
For those who can't read the sticky "Bury Metro Club Info", Winter Indoor Racing will be held at:
The Sports Hall
Moorside Campus
Counthill Road
Oldham
OL4 2PY
Watch this post for start times
7 Dates best 4 to count:-
28 Oct
25 Nov
16 Dec
6 Jan
3 Feb
3 Mar
24 Mar
Si Coe
16-10-2012, 09:43 PM
There has been a bit of interest in running a vintage class indoors. I know a few of us have dinosaurs somewhere in our RC stuff, so if people are up for it I think we should give it a go. We'd need a few to commit to it to make enough for a heat.
kitesurfer73
18-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Think i might show my face on the 28th:)
Might need some pointers on how to start up again,as
am thinking ov getting back into the sport....again third time lucky!
Si Coe
18-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Well you'll need a car for a start.
4wd is pretty much dead, 2wd is where its at.
Durango 210's and Losi 22's are the popular choices - there are some C4.1's but if you haven't already got a B4.1 its an expensive option.
Probably best you don't get a Durango or I'll have to look after that like I did your Bmax.......
kitesurfer73
19-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Some nice kit out there at mo...
Going down the route of buying new kit this time,Durango's
look a popular choice,not going to start lookin till am back from Oz
going to hunt for bargains in the mean time.
rob m
20-10-2012, 05:29 PM
There has been a bit of interest in running a vintage class indoors. I know a few of us have dinosaurs somewhere in our RC stuff, so if people are up for it I think we should give it a go. We'd need a few to commit to it to make enough for a heat. does my couger 2 / mk3 lazer qualify? im up for that :thumbsup:
Si Coe
20-10-2012, 05:59 PM
I don't really have any rules in mind, so I guess anything 'not modern' qualifies.
arransmith27
21-10-2012, 08:45 PM
cougar 2 should definitely qualify :thumbsup:
arransmith27
21-10-2012, 08:48 PM
I have a Cougar 2 team, but ain't brave enough to run it lol
VillageIdiot
23-10-2012, 08:42 AM
ill be popping up on 25th, will i need to fill out a new membership form?
Br00kie
23-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Hi Guys
First time indoors at Counthill. Will there be mains avalable for charging etc ?. Are there any tables to pit on or do I bring my own? Thanks for your help
Steve
Howler
23-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Yes to power, no to tables.
coleman758
23-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Last year there was a good amount of tables.
But not sure if they will be there again.
Better bring your own table for the first week.
losichris
23-10-2012, 04:11 PM
May i suggest that in the track layout we include alot of slippy floor following on from when we ran indoors last year. not only does it save lugging out all the carpet, but it makes the track more difficult and really tests the throttle control.
arransmith27
23-10-2012, 06:33 PM
ill be popping up on 25th, will i need to fill out a new membership form?
It's on the 28th, not the 25th
Howler
23-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Shhh, dont tell him that.
arransmith27
23-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Shhh, dont tell him that.
Lol :lol:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.