PDA

View Full Version : Winter Series RD1 - 28th October


mikeyscott
17-10-2012, 07:06 PM
First round of winter series 2012/3

A return to an all day meeting. Suppose I should think about sorting a car out as none are runners at the mo.

4WD drifting based on the weather thus far this year lol

hotrodchris
17-10-2012, 08:08 PM
fs2 was good last weekend Mikey
Only car have bb greens for so looks like it will be 4wd for me!

mikeyscott
17-10-2012, 08:51 PM
DB1 - broken at the mo
?? - in a box still lol
FS2 - sort of ready.

Think that answers that, but must spend time with 2WD

Belsten
21-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Thinking of coming down for this, do I need to prebook or can I turn up on the day ?

mikeyscott
21-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Thinking of coming down for this, do I need to prebook or can I turn up on the day ?

Hi Dave,

Turn up on the day is fine.

Cheers,

Mike

hotrodchris
21-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Umm DB1 built just waiting for the shell to be painted but prob still run 4WD?:confused:

dibble34
21-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Thinking of coming down for this, do I need to prebook or can I turn up on the day ?

Bring some glue Dave :thumbsup:

Belsten
21-10-2012, 08:57 PM
will do mate anyone else need any or any acetone ?

SteveB
21-10-2012, 09:40 PM
will do mate anyone else need any or any acetone ?

Dave

Northern Monkey will need acetone, he's been using mine for the last 2 years

Ta

Northern Monkey
22-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Yes please Dave if you could bring some acetone I'll have some off you.

If it's just to stop Mr Brown whinging like a girl!

Cheers

Al

mikeyscott
22-10-2012, 07:44 AM
will do mate anyone else need any or any acetone ?

Hi Dave,

Acetone for me please.

M

rob8246
22-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Thinking of coming down for this, do I need to prebook or can I turn up on the day ?

Prebook!?!

Priority entry for you buddy ;-)

Belsten
22-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks mush :thumbsup:

Briangb
22-10-2012, 08:38 AM
will do mate anyone else need any or any acetone ?

Hi Dave. I would like some acetone please. Many thanks, Brian.

jaywestwood
22-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Will the layout be the same as current one or is it getting changed??

martin so16
22-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Save

Northern Monkey will need acetone, he's been using mine for the lady 2 years

Ta

any chance now al not useing your acetone i can bring my wheels round please steve :lol:

SteveB
24-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Guys

A general reminder for anyone new attending

Gates open 7am
Please put gazebos up and park car in area area next to track, not on main straight.
Practice 8am - 9am open, 5 minute spells no longer please
Drivers briefing about 915am
Round 1 of 4 starts 930am
1 leg final for all 5 minutes,
Aim to finish around 4pm

Controlled tyre ballistic buggy range, anyone unable to run tyre please PM me

Burger Van inbound

Inside line and Rudebits trackside and spares support, DMS due next winter series.

Raffle planned for final round sponsored by X factory UK

End of Championship Trophies for Top 10 2wd and 4wd, Juniors if supported, all presented final round

Raffle tickets will be on sale all through championship winter series meetings. £1 a strip.

£10 non member entry adult, £8 member
£6 non member juniors and £5 junior members


Sure there's more, hope this helps

Thanks Steve

SteveB
24-10-2012, 07:13 PM
2 more things

Round by round qualifying
Track is to be slightly changed for meeting but majority the same. The reasoning is to improve marshalling, as some locations are difficult to cover. This is feedback from the drivers, so "you should we did"

Thanks Steve

Bigphilly
24-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Hello All,

All good for Sunday. DHB is going down!

Phil

hazeandfizz
25-10-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm ready:thumbsup:

Now the only question is do I do both classes?

James.

Northern Monkey
25-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Looking good James :D

Crazy L
25-10-2012, 11:51 AM
I'll be there. Just to get on your tits.

shaun m
25-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Guys

A general reminder for anyone new attending

Gates open 7am
Please put gazebos up and park car in area area next to track, not on main straight.
Practice 8am - 9am open, 5 minute spells no longer please
Drivers briefing about 915am
Round 1 of 4 starts 930am
1 leg final for all 5 minutes,
Aim to finish around 4pm

Controlled tyre ballistic buggy range, anyone unable to run tyre please PM me

Burger Van inbound

Inside line and Rudebits trackside and spares support, DMS due next winter series.

Raffle planned for final round sponsored by X factory UK

End of Championship Trophies for Top 10 2wd and 4wd, Juniors if supported, all presented final round

Raffle tickets will be on sale all through championship winter series meetings. £1 a strip.

£10 non member entry adult, £8 member
£6 non member juniors and £5 junior members


Sure there's more, hope this helps

Thanks Steve


sounds good steve :) , but only 1 final , and not a 3leg final like on the summer series ?

mikeyscott
25-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Hello All,

All good for Sunday. DHB is going down!

Phil

Hi mate, I hope you two have some great racing. Bets on who'll win ;)

SteveB
25-10-2012, 06:11 PM
sounds good steve :) , but only 1 final , and not a 3leg final like on the summer series ?

Shaun

With the weather and days being shorter, lowering the ecpectation is the best option, if the numbers dictate and the drivers are prepared for a longer day it is a possibility. However this is our second season and the past proved timely for drivers travelling further away and the risk of not competing all finals in daylight. So it's a balancing act between quality than quantidy. Remember no extra finals for the A finals as this consistency piece across all levels is fair.

This is the general format I believe a across most clubs and remember not many clubs offer 3 legs finals for all in there summer series.

Thanks for the question, we always try and offer as most racing as practical.

Steve

Crazy L
25-10-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm gonna want a set of tyres for 4wd. I'm assuming someone will have a few sets to hand for sale?:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
25-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Kev Lee from Inside Line is attending, so will have stock with him. Any questions re stock etc please contact Inside Line

www.insidelineracing.co.uk

InsideLineModels
26-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately due to transport issues it doesn't look like I will be able to bring much stock. I will have tyres and inserts with me, but if you need anything else please order in advance and select trackside collection.

Thanks for all the pre orders so far; they are packed and ready to go. See you all Sunday!

Kev

mikeyscott
26-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Unfortunately due to transport issues it doesn't look like I will be able to bring much stock. I will have tyres and inserts with me, but if you need anything else please order in advance and select trackside collection.

Thanks for all the pre orders so far; they are packed and ready to go. See you all Sunday!

Kev

Just bring the Kyosho stuff :p

Cheers for the heads up Kev, will have to check what I need

benl
26-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I am allowed out to play this sunday to test my new losi (courtesy of Dave:thumbsup:)
Would it be possible to blag a spot in somebodys gazeebo? I only have an ickle table and dont take up much space)

Thanks
Ben

RudeTony
27-10-2012, 05:29 AM
Weather looking very promising with no rain.

I will have all the usuals with me including the new RB6 Carbon brace, full new stock of all types of Diff Balls and needless to say all the other stuff normally with me..........

Looking forward in seeing everyone

ps - I think the clocks change so don't forget......

mikeyscott
27-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Does anyone have any tlr22 10mm ball studs they'd sell as the shop I ordered from didn't post them yesterday....

Getpip
27-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Mikey .. I have an unopened pack I can bring .. Let me know.

mikeyscott
27-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Mikey .. I have an unopened pack I can bring .. Let me know.

Yes please.

Darren Boyle
27-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Does anyone have any tlr22 10mm ball studs they'd sell as the shop I ordered from didn't post them yesterday.... Should have used us then Mike ;)

mikeyscott
27-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Should have used us then Mike ;)

Agreed, but was using my iPhone at the time.

hotrodchris
27-10-2012, 07:27 PM
If you had used it to phone Darren you'd be sorted Mikey

freddie
27-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Can't make it 2moro will be at next round !

Darren Boyle
28-10-2012, 01:05 AM
If you had used it to phone Darren you'd be sorted Mikey :D and so true.....

hazeandfizz
28-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Another great meeting guys, top way to kick off the winter series.

Thanks,
James.

mikeyscott
28-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Another great meeting guys, top way to kick off the winter series.

Thanks,
James.

Many thanks James.

Thanks to all those that attended.

Results now online - http://results.torchracing.co.uk/winter2012-2013/index.htm

Cheers to Tony for blogging from the track whilst racing and helping other racers!

Tony Evdoka's blog (http://www.tonyevdoka.com/torch-winter-series-rnd-1/?fb_action_ids=10151496014674554&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210151496014674554%22%3A359 412710818123%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151496014674554%22%3A%22og .likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=[])

SteveB
28-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Another great meeting guys, top way to kick off the winter series.

Thanks,
James.

James great day by everyone with all well chilled out with some great racing, have to take my hat off to you both 2 & 4wd A finals, class act today :thumbsup: well done mate,

Also good work Mikey getting results up quic
Thanks to all

Steve

InsideLineModels
28-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Thanks TORCH for a fun day! Got home at a reasonable time too and managed to see the kids before bed, so even better!

Look forward to the next one

Kev

mikeyscott
28-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks TORCH for a fun day! Got home at a reasonable time too and managed to see the kids before bed, so even better!

Look forward to the next one

Kev

Cheers Kev for making the trip and good to hear you had a good journey back. It's always a balance between racing and getting home at a good time!

RobW
28-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks for a good days racing. 4 Qs and a final and home by 3.30. :thumbsup:

Thought the track worked really well with the new tweaks although I had an appalling day results-wise even by my standards. Need to get my act in gear:wtf:

Rob

DHB
28-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Hello All,

All good for Sunday. DHB is going down!

Phil

Phil, I did not see this post until now for some reason. Did give me a chuckle though:lol: To be honest, didn't expect to win as many as I did with some of the drivers out on track, so well pleased. 410 working well as most weekends so all good and great start to winter series.

Dan

SteveB
28-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Guys

I believe the controlled tyre solution was great, everyone had consistency and tyre wear was superb,

Thanks Steve

Briangb
28-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks to all the committee for once again running a very slick meeting.
I have to say I really struggled today with my DB1. My driving was very rusty, and with the low grip level, it made it very hard work. A change of tyres for the final was a big mistake. Still, it was a reminder of how delicate throttle and steering control needs to be in damp conditions. Thought the RB6's were looking hot. Hmm!! However, the banter in the extended awning was great fun. Thanks to Dibble, Byners, Mr.Magoo, TonyRC, Cammers and RobW for your company.
Hope we can do it again next time.

Belsten
28-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks to all at TORCH, had agreat days racing, good banter and excellent track, just a shame its so far away from me :thumbdown: Hope you guys get a national next year, its an excellent venue for it :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
28-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Guys

I believe the controlled tyre solution was great, everyone had consistency and tyre wear was superb,

Thanks Steve

Tyre wear I thought was very good and I wouldn't say I struggled for traction during the day, so all good.

Thanks to all at TORCH, had agreat days racing, good banter and excellent track, just a shame its so far away from me :thumbdown: Hope you guys get a national next year, its an excellent venue for it :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave for making the trip and prob see you at Off Road Wars

dibble34
28-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Yep, great day. Have to say tyres were very good :blush:
Thanks to the committee as always

MrMagoo
28-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Top day... good fun pitting with the mob in the corner, quality banter as always!

Really loving the tweaked layout, made for some great, close racing in the finals. The modified rumble section works very well, even Tony RC wasn't moaning about it:lol:

Roll on the next one!

hotrodchris
28-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Good day and some clean racing lot of drivers making some vast improvements and the rain held off as well.

shaun m
28-10-2012, 09:35 PM
An excellent start to the winter series , with as said above great banter and good close racing :thumbsup:

now need to sort an esc out :( , and one that runs a 5.5t :woot: without getting warm !! :)

cheers all , can't wait till the next one ...:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
28-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Shaun,

What ESC, motor and gearing are you using at present?

shaun m
28-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Shaun,

What ESC, motor and gearing are you using at present?

its a sp lpf , novak 5.5t and a 82/19t ( can't remember the fdr , and hav'nt got the book infront of me !!)

motor temps ok , just esc temp , but then realised ( dave o'brien told me ) it should go down to a 5.5t for tc not 4wd / off road :blush:!!

cheers :thumbsup:

wylie
29-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks to all those involved in organising and running the meeting, I had a good day. Could someone point me in the right direction as too where to buy some TALENT, as looking at my perfomance i'm somewhat lacking.
I mean getting beat by Mr Maggoo & Hotrod Chris is humiliating. Almost considered giving up :p.
Only kidding, well done to the pair of you.
Thanks to John and Salty fluid for letting me pit under there gazebo had some good banter with John, Cammers, Rob, Brian, Dibble & Salty.
I hope to be there next round.
Salty, get that Truck.

Crazy L
29-10-2012, 10:34 AM
What everyone else said.

hotrodchris
29-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks to all those involved in organising and running the meeting, I had a good day. Could someone point me in the right direction as too where to buy some TALENT, as looking at my perfomance i'm somewhat lacking.
I mean getting beat by Mr Maggoo & Hotrod Chris is humiliating. Almost considered giving up :p.
Only kidding, well done to the pair of you.
Thanks to John and Salty fluid for letting me pit under there gazebo had some good banter with John, Cammers, Rob, Brian, Dibble & Salty.
I hope to be there next round.
Salty, get that Truck.

Tony comes with the Kyosho FS2 kit but has to be built correctly!:p:woot:

Crazy L
29-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks to Salty fluid

Errr....who? lol

wylie
29-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Byrner's, or as someone in race control said Marc Brine. :woot:

Crazy L
30-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Byrner's, or Marc Brine. :woot:

I'll never see tinned hotdogs the same way ever again :lol: