PDA

View Full Version : Transmitter Combo


JBL
03-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Hi,

I need some advice on upgrading my radio gear, the radio gear I am currently using is 27mhz. I would like to upgrade to a 40mhz set up or 2.4ghz, the transmitter (stick) would have to have a steering dual rate override for the servo and a throttle reponse curve switch/control.

Can anyone advise me of suitable system for a reasonable cost?

Many thanks

VintageRacer
03-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Depending on what "reasonable cost" is, I'd start by looking at Sanwa Gemini II

As far as I can see, the only drawback is that it can't be upgraded to 2.4GHz

DanW
04-06-2008, 07:37 AM
Sanwa gemini II is a reasonable choice, plenty around on flea-bay going cheap or can be picked up new for about £100 in some places. Has all computer functions and 5 model memory.

Also Futaba do a reasonably priced synthisised 40meg set so you dont need any crystals, just dial in the frequency you want. 40meg xtals are going to cost you £12-15 ish a pair. Most clubs recommend you have a minimum of 3 frequencies, so the futaba will save you £40ish based on the xtals you don't need!

peetbee
04-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Another option is the KO Esprit 2 Vantage, used by a lot of people and quite reasonably priced too secondhand.

JBL
06-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Many thanks for your comments, I may put an item in wanted soon.
Cheers:)